Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

LCFC @ Luton Town (Friendly) - Match Thread

Biggest plus for me was that the players looked fit. It's all about match sharpness and honing the tactical and technical aspects now.

Some good and some not so good stuff as you'd expect in pre-season. I suppose that having Luton pretty much pinned back into their own half for most of the second half was a measure of how much better this team is than ones of years gone by.

Don't think any player stood out as such. Albrighton was decent and Riyad changed the game. Musa did fine bar his missed chance. Showed instances of his blistering pace. Didn't think any of the new players or young reserves showed much worth writing home about. Elder will likely go out on loan, don't see a future for him here. Johnson has a frightening frame at his age, but his positional sense was a bit raw and his ability on the ball non-existant. Nonetheless, this can be improved over the coming years.

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

that twenty seconds when andy king rinsed their whole team twice and played an immaculate through ball is my favourite moment supporting this club 

It was without a shadow of a doubt the highlight of this game. King has it in him to do some spectacular stuff once in a blue moon. Starting to reminisce about some of his stunning goals earlier in his career :wub:

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

King is rubbish, don't let nostalgia for his early years when we were shit cloud you! He's Leicester through and through but we may as well play Birch or Lee Jobber in midfield if that's all that is required

Hey, shut it you. Despite all his limitations, he provided the standout moment of brilliance in this meaningless friendly. I will not have you put him down like that! :kingy:

If Mharez goes we will be relying too much on grey for the creativity (which he hasnt got enough off) and when that doesn't work it's going to be balls over the top

to Vardy again which won't work now. (As much) we need to be playing grey for being direct and getting in a good creative player 

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

King is rubbish, don't let nostalgia for his early years when we were shit cloud you! He's Leicester through and through but we may as well play Birch or Lee Jobber in midfield if that's all that is required

mods, have a word 

34 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sound. Let's pay someone 100k a week to sit on the bench instead. Decent

52 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

King is not rubbish. He puts in a shift when he plays and he doesn't throw  his toys out of the  pram when most of the time he sits on the bench. Valueble player imo 

7 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I honestly feel that Drinky knows he's not trying hard, and just expects game time. 

In that Guess Who video, Drinky described James as 'underrated on the pitch'. He must know his place is under threat by James.

The 1st half was a non event. Lots of possession at the back and in midfield but with little coming off further up the field. The creativity really was lacking. 

Second half was much better in comparison to the first atleast we created some good chances. 

Maguire again his performance was impressive barring the mistake that nearly put their striker through one on one. 

The only other defender who possesses the calmness he shows when in control of the ball is Fuchs. Both excellent passers of the ball. 

On another note some of the decisions Drinky makes when in possession of the ball at the moment are baffling! At times he had the opportunity to drive forward and suck players in creating more space for others but instead opts for a sideways or even worse backwards pass.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

that twenty seconds when andy king rinsed their whole team twice and played an immaculate through ball is my favourite moment supporting this club 

Erm... Aren't you forgetting something?

Leicester-Ranieri.jpg

Still a bit rusty but that's natural.

I think Maguire so far has looked good in general, but a little prone to a lapse.

I'm a bit concerned we're turning too physical as a team, not in terms of discipline but I mean our general approach, there's been a real lack of attacking spark. We look hopeless going forward without Mahrez on the pitch.

God knows how it took us that long to score though. The amount of times we got close to their goal and didn't even force a save was unbelievable.

Ulloa & Okazaki can't be used as a partnership again. We don't look close to scoring.

Musa was trying his best and he was noticeably frustrated. I think he just hasn't got the confidence to ever succeed here. It's not an attitude problem, it's his general mentality. I think it gets on top of him.

It's still early days although I think there's a lot of room to improve.

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still a bit rusty but that's natural.

I think Maguire so far has looked good in general, but a little prone to a lapse.

I'm a bit concerned we're turning too physical as a team, not in terms of discipline but I mean our general approach, there's been a real lack of attacking spark. We look hopeless going forward without Mahrez on the pitch.

God knows how it took us that long to score though. The amount of times we got close to their goal and didn't even force a save was unbelievable.

Ulloa & Okazaki can't be used as a partnership again. We don't look close to scoring.

Musa was trying his best and he was noticeably frustrated. I think he just hasn't got the confidence to ever succeed here. It's not an attitude problem, it's his general mentality. I think it gets on top of him.

It's still early days although I think there's a lot of room to improve.

That doesn't make sense, and normally you do. I think Musa applied himself tonight and looked a lot sharper than some others. I think there is a good player in there, but I sometimes wonder if the quality around certain players we have isn't enough.  

It's still too early to judge but I'm very worried about Drinky, he was not good again tonight. There was a question about who slower than Ulloa. I'm actually going to wager Drinky. Before there is any witch hunt on me for being a hater, read some of my other posts and you'll see how much I love him, especially in 2013/14

Overall a good workout with the guys looking less rusty but still off the pace. Albrighton, Maguire and Mahrez looked our best players. We rarely boss possession against opponents in the league but this game shows that in the games we do, we struggle to make clear chances. That said Slimani, Musa and Lawrence all had good scoring opportunities. 

In in all three friendlies we've shown a clear intent to play out from the back. I feel this is an important evolution for the side although expect a few goals to be conceded this season as a result. It's also clear we lack the finesse in midfield to really make this count although this could be Iborra's role for us. 

We we will have a reasonable season on current showing but look someway off challenging for Europe. This could easily change in the next few games though, especially with some marquee signings. 

12 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Agree on Barnes but looking forward to seeing if Ndukwu and Johnson get some time.  @ramadaone or @jamesmilner - how is Muskwe doing too? 

The u23's travel to France today for their tournament ,  i hear Muskwe is on the plane .My honest opinion is he has to learn and learn quick but a player can change these days and change quick , just look at Harry Kane ?  I dont know if its televised i will find out .

Archived