Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

MK Dons.. Friendly.. Tonight.

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good summary. Think it's also worth pointing out that we didn't look like scoring in a month of sundays though. We played with just Ulloa up front and it didn't work well to put it mildly.

Not surprising with only Ulloa up front, doesn't help that he was worse than usual today. Gray is another that we look towards for goals of course but he was garbage. Lawrence the only one who looked likely to do something.

See how the likes of Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy and Slim do tomorrow, will surely be better than what we witnessed tonight.

Crying out for a number 10 as I said :thumbup:

To be honest if I was going to pick a team from our squad for a game where someone had a gun to my head and said they'd shoot me if we scored, I'd probably be pretty close to that starting 11.

That said, I do somewhat understand people's anxiety. I know you can't read too much into these friendly results but it's hardly a good thing is it?

It's fair to say we've a number of fringe players that just don't and won't really put pressure on the core XI we've had for a few years now. This is why it's frustrating we don't seem eager to move on the likes of King, Ulloa and a few others.

Gray and Chilwell were very rusty and showed their final balls/shots are still horribly inconsistent. It astounds me professional footballers can be that atrocious at shooting and crossing, not any of their balls tonight were blocked or cut out from astute defending, they were just all blazed high and wide or skewed aimlessly away from our attack.

James was very poor and King was beggars belief. I was quietly impressed with Amartey, Lawrence and Iborra. I've a little worry that Iborra won't suit a counter attacking team at all and we've not got enough dynamic possession based players in our squad to compliment him. Hopefully he's versatility will be his main asset for us though as he's clearly a great player.

Ulloa's a mess. Get him gone, he's the pits.

Arrrrghghghghghgrhehgrehgrg, we didn't win a fitness session!!  This is like moaning cos we didn't win a bleep test, or a treadmill.  Let's reserve judgement until a wee but later than a friendly consisting of our entire B-Team eh?  I hope we beat the shit outta that HIIT session tomorrow morning. X

59 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Any credit going Mks way? I missed the game and the few people I know that went seemed to think they were very well organised 

They were organised but you would expect them to be as this was their 8th preseason game 

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Arrrrghghghghghgrhehgrehgrg, we didn't win a fitness session!!  This is like moaning cos we didn't win a bleep test, or a treadmill.  Let's reserve judgement until a wee but later than a friendly consisting of our entire B-Team eh?  I hope we beat the shit outta that HIIT session tomorrow morning. X

Do you ever have an opinion?

You just seem to hate any form of criticism and want to fish out blow jobs regardless of performance. I think they need to work and earn them myself. Co

Seems like this game once again proves that our squad is weak as dicks. we need to stop being sentimental and actually try and sign quality to replace the players that aren't good enough to push onto the next level. 

Gray thinks he's the man when he's done nothing. Attitude needs to change or he will fail at this level.

If people insist Ulloa is better than Slimani they need an eye test.

Iborra looks very good on the ball, think it'll take him a while to get up to speed with English football though, looked quite leggy at times but seems to have the right attitude. 

Albeit a friendly against MK Dons Amartey looks more assured at centre back, Johnson at right back was a bit iffy but very young.

Lawrence, would love to him get a chance this season but Albrighton will start. Hope we don't sell.

King... :/

James good fitness and does Drinkwaters job as well if not better.

In general at least we tried passing the ball rather than lumping it. 

16 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

"I'll never play for Leicester City again"

Case closed.

Sell.

Case closed? Watch this again and tell me its case closed... Imagine the pressure he was under in the 94th minute. Imagine the bollocks he showed stepping up and tucking it away like that. Imagine the passion, joy and relief on his face after.

Now I can't say what was going on behind the scenes for ulloa to say that as I have no idea. But I can say what I saw ulloa give to Leicester city on the pitch in the last 3 years and that was commitment, pride, qualiy huge huge moments and of course a fooking premier league title. 

About time fans got real and started giving these legends of the club (like Andy King, like Mahrez) because we will never have a team and players like that again. Let's appreciate them while they are still here and show them the respect they deserve. rather than slag them off and hound them out then reminiss in 30 years about how good they all were.

What is this talk about "it's just preseason"? I can look past the pool match because they are a far superior team, but against league 1 teams? I expect prem players to be far better, not look like they can't hit the broad side of a Barn without mahrez! In 4 games, the team scored 3 goals, 2 by riyad and non without him on the pitch! A close to 210 minutes without a goal when riyad isn't playing! Does that sound good to anyone here?!

Archived