Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

MK Dons.. Friendly.. Tonight.

9 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Gray is crap lol sick of his arrogance, he even has the cheek to offer the ultimatum of first team football or nothing to potential suitors! He literally does nothing any good lmfao 

He's very overrated by our fans. I understand the argument that he's young but we are trying to get into Europe.. We need consistent players we can rely on. Lawrence looks like the more consistent, all round, intelligent player.

Lets wait and see what the Wolves game brings - this was a decent run out for Iborra, Lawrence, James, Gray and Chilwell. The rest were there cos we needed to field 11 players...

For the season, a front three of Riyad, Vardy, Iheanacho with Drinky and Iborra pulling the strings...Take your pick from whatever solid centre backs and Chilwell and AN Other full back bombing on...and Kasper in goal...I'm not unhappy

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Think you answered your own q there im your last paragraph.

I'm sure players, either consciously or subconsciously, arent up for a pre season away at MK Dons and Luton and just see them as glorifield training sessions.

Maybe ... your right , hope you are 

but the quality isn't obvious right now

and transfers need to pick up soon so these lads can't be lazy in games like this ! 

we have a tricky start and if these lads don't get going soon and make a good stretch shaky will be on the dole queue before bonfire night 

10 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Best players.

Iborra- nice runs and touches, will be a threat ghosting into the box

Lawrence- needs to stay, better then Gray at the moment

Amartey- Solid and tried bringing it out of the back multiple times

Can you ghost in the box when your 6'5?

Lawrence over Gray 100%. Quite Vardy-esq in alot of his movement.

Johnson, I have hyped him up a bit over the last season and while I do think he will eventually make it, probably as a centre back, tonight wasn't a good showing from him. Needs to be more confident on the ball and be a bit more aware of when to smash it clear, also needs strength in the tackle. Think a loan deal out would be best for him, league one club imo.

Chance for fringe players to gain some fitness.

Kept a clean sheet.

We literally played none of our good attacking players. Iborra and Gray will play a role this season, but it was Gray's first game back.

Fair to say we looked like dross but I really wouldn't put too much into it. If anything it was a chance for fringe players to show what they could do, and very few will have played themselves into the first team reckoning with that display.

Does show our lack of quality going forward, which we already knew. Whether Shakespeare addresses this or not we won't know though.

I'm away on my honeymoon currently sat outside in the south of France enjoying good wine and sunshine. Fortunately I wasn't at home watching, what I can only assume from this thread was the normal LCFC pre-season guff. 

I absolutely know that we have, once again, failed to address the glaring issues with our squad. We're going to be crap next season and once again we'll all be left wondering how we won the league and then failed to build from there. 

I have an absolute shit-ton of decorating / patio-laying to do this year and if we look anything near as bad as last year then I'll probably stick my season ticket in a drawer and spend my weekends doing something productive instead of watching our half-assed squad piss about for 90 minutes sideways, backwards, without an ounce of creativity / no clue and no game-plan. 

Can't wait! 

27 minutes ago, what? said:

The last game didn't work for me there so I just assumed this one wouldn't too. Should have checked. Brilliant, thank you!

I unfortunately could watch from Austria but I wished it was 'blocked' now.. That was Toilet of the highest calibra.. Trying to think of positives.......... Armarty and Benny did OK, but everyone else was massively ordinary.. I agree with most on here about Leo..  Why oh why are Club considering giving him a new contract??

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Chance for fringe players to gain some fitness.

Kept a clean sheet.

We literally played none of our good attacking players. Iborra and Gray will play a role this season, but it was Gray's first game back.

Fair to say we looked like dross but I really wouldn't put too much into it. If anything it was a chance for fringe players to show what they could do, and very few will have played themselves into the first team reckoning with that display.

Thing is though it isn't. If you want to give fringe players a chance you mix them in with the first teamers. Lawrence would have got an assist tonight if it was Slim and not Ulloa, he probably would have had more space with Vardy making runs as well.

Playing a combination of Vardy and Ulloa would have led to more chances for Ulloa due Vardys pace getting in behind and laying on cutbacks into the box.

If we had conceeded from the right side would that have been a fair reflection on Amartey when he had an inexperienced CB playing RB resulting in quite a few chances down that side.

4 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I'm away on my honeymoon currently sat outside in the south of France enjoying good wine and sunshine. Fortunately I wasn't at home watching, what I can only assume from this thread was the normal LCFC pre-season guff. 

I absolutely know that we have, once again, failed to address the glaring issues with our squad. We're going to be crap next season and once again we'll all be left wondering how we won the league and then failed to build from there. 

I have an absolute shit-ton of decorating / patio-laying to do this year and if we look anything near as bad as last year then I'll probably stick my season ticket in a drawer and spend my weekends doing something productive instead of watching our half-assed squad piss about for 90 minutes sideways, backwards, without an ounce of creativity / no clue and no game-plan. 

Can't wait! 

Sounds like you're enjoying your honeymoon pal..:P

Archived