Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

MK Dons.. Friendly.. Tonight.

All about fitness,we are told.I know it was essentially second string but that didn't augur well. We will get a better idea after Wolves tomorrow when something approaching the first choice team get a run out.

Been out for some nice food and a few drinks, sadly decided to scan read this thread. Some of you are just total kneejerk muppets.

It's a pre season friendly f's get a grip!

Yes it sounds like it wasn't great but games like this are about getting minutes in and spreading the fitness and experience around, talk of Shakey being sacked and us getting relegated is just mind boggling

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Benny and Amartey looked class tonight; especially benny, hopefully benny and Maguire start the season while the others push them

Ball playing defenders. Great to see! 

Positives 

Amartey and Benny swept up all danger, both solid

Iborra looked steady again

Lawrence showed glimpses of promise

Negatives

Gray garbage

Ulloa only controlled about one ball, get rid

Rest meh, we're crying out for a number 10.

Haven't changed my mind about looking over our shoulder this season. Whether we're "good enough" or not remains atm but we don't creative enough and that's worrying. Can't see anything positive happening this season, as I voted in the poll other day I think we'll finish between 13th-17th.

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Positives 

Negatives

Gray garbage

How about some of the others? James, Chilwell, Johnson? 

Didn't watch today (apart from last couple of mins) as I'm Las Vegas 

11 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I'm away on my honeymoon currently sat outside in the south of France enjoying good wine and sunshine. Fortunately I wasn't at home watching, what I can only assume from this thread was the normal LCFC pre-season guff. 

I absolutely know that we have, once again, failed to address the glaring issues with our squad. We're going to be crap next season and once again we'll all be left wondering how we won the league and then failed to build from there. 

I have an absolute shit-ton of decorating / patio-laying to do this year and if we look anything near as bad as last year then I'll probably stick my season ticket in a drawer and spend my weekends doing something productive instead of watching our half-assed squad piss about for 90 minutes sideways, backwards, without an ounce of creativity / no clue and no game-plan. 

Can't wait! 

How long have you been married?  I see you've already got your list of jobs!

A word of advice: No matter how bad the football is, DO NOT sack your season ticket off.  After your decorating and patio is sorted out, there will be something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.  It will likely start with "Sh" and end in "opping".

Good luck mate :D

16 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Anyone who is relegating us on the back of a couple of pre season friendlies need to have a serious word with themselves .

I don’t think anyone is relegating us, perhaps just a little concern that there seems to be no real system or plan so far this pre season, nothing new and no team stuck to just yet.

Having said that the last time we were this iffy in pre season we won the league lol 

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Positives 

Negatives

Gray garbage

Good summary. Think it's also worth pointing out that we didn't look like scoring in a month of sundays though. We played with just Ulloa up front and it didn't work well to put it mildly.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Get Musa on. We need a threat in behind

Why take him tonight as part of 3 outfield subs and not give him any minutes, I can only think he was being punished for daring to create a goal last time out.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Why take him to MK Dons as part of 3 outfield subs and not give him any minutes, I can only think he was being punished for daring to create a goal last time out.

Perhaps he (Musa) was just taken as a sub in case of injury, and is slated to play some sort of role tomorrow

26 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

How about some of the others? James, Chilwell, Johnson? 

Didn't watch today (apart from last couple of mins) as I'm Las Vegas 

James not at his best imo

Chilwell hit and miss

Johnson looked out of his depth

Archived