Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

Just now, Finnegan said:

I mostly agree. 

I'd be nice to be hitting the first game with our tails up looking confident though. 

Nobody wants to lose the games and the players need telling they are shit by the management.

Smashing pre season would be ideal, but I remember us doing that before and being utter gash the next season. So I still wouldn't read a single thing into it.

CS needs to make some hard decisions and get rid of some of the dross that linger. I've rather have our youth team taking the positions of some of these players.

That was as god awful 45 minutes!! Totally aimless and spineless. King is a waste of space, Ulloa had lost two steps and cannot jump anymore. Musa is so lightweight I fear he blow away in the breeze?. What's worse is no one seems to understand where they are plyaying in midfield. I am dumbfounded by the ineptitude. Shaky WTF are you thinking!!!!!!!!

To be honest I don't like the formation changes Shakespeare has tried this pre-season. We are awful playing 3-5-2, 4-3-3 or any kind of system that requires 3 CM's.

I hope we stick with 4-4-1-1 and this is just Shakespeare experimenting.. 

:unsure:

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

When was the last time we failed to win a single game in pre season?

Does the penalty win against West Brom count? Pretty sure that counts as a draw, but just making sure.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

What do you expect though, honestly?

Judge them next week after the Arsenal game.

Can we not expect to see decent performances in the pre season then? Why not?

why shouldn't we expect to beat Luton, MK, Wolves and Burton?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone saying the pre season don't mean anything, I'm pretty sure we were raising concerns LAST pre season weren't we?

Then look what happened.

It doesn't always reflect on the forthcoming season, but it enables us to see where improvements are clearly needed. This squad needs clear improvements. I'm fed up feeling compelled to say that Amartey is in fact, no good. King is a championship player, Ulloa needs to move on and Benny looks like a a bomb scare.

Its clear to anyone who wants to see. Let's hope our first team look better than this.

I think how they come out in the second half is going to be very telling.  They will either be fired up and go for it, supported by tactical tweaks and changes or switch off for the rest of the game.  If not the first, then I will start to get worried.  Winning is a habit, if you want to get fit, go do cross fit or just go for a run.  

It's fine to say it's only pre season and stuff but it's ridiculous how just bad at football we look in every game. Like fine if you're not running about but...no one can pass, we apparently don't score any more. The defence watching on bemused as Burton strikers bang them in.

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

Is something not well behind the scenes?

body language and effort of a lot of the players this pre season has been wanting!

Shakespear needs to be giving out some rollockings as some players still look on there holidays.

His reputation will be on the line and if they put in some of these displays when it matters, he won't last past Christmas.

I can't say I have been too excited yet so far on and off the field, I hope it changes come 11th August 

He went missing as assistant when Ranieri  started his bad spell. Not sure he's got a bollocking in him.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Erm...since when do Leicester play one up front? Since when is that not a negative tactic for us?

I don't give a shit about other teams. 

Yes but it's 3 up front technically as in 433, like 90 per cent of teams play, it's not negative really, it's just that we are shite. But if we play 2 upfront at the Arsenal we will be on minus 11 goal difference.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What are people expecting us to turn up, 100% give it all and come out 5-0 winners..

CHILL!!

I'd expect us to do so.

Id also expect us to put serious pressure on their keeper and I'd also expect us to have put more past Luton and some past MK Dons (and Wolves).

It may be pre-season, but it's not good enough.  Not just the results, but the way in which we are playing.  It's a reflection on the players and the coaches.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Nobody wants to lose the games and the players need telling they are shit by the management.

Smashing pre season would be ideal, but I remember us doing that before and being utter gash the next season. So I still wouldn't read a single thing into it.

CS needs to make some hard decisions and get rid of some of the dross that linger. I've rather have our youth team taking the positions of some of these players.

Totally agree, Babs, just put it in my last post - where I agreed with @Col city fan - does that mean inadvertently I made you two agree?! lol

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What are people expecting us to turn up, 100% give it all and come out 5-0 winners..

CHILL!!

Nope, not chill. 

Performances, pace, energy and effort have been woeful in all the pre-season games. You have seen the opening games we have, haven't you?  We are playing Arsenal next week. At their place. On TV. With the world watching. Nope, definitely not chilled at all   

Just now, Slim Dog said:

Because of motivation. The main thing that won us the league. If I played for a prem side, I sure wouldn't want to be playing Burton.

Then you wouldn't get picked against Arsenal and you'd be straight on the transfer list. Maybe that's why you're not a footballer.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Archived