Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Lets hope this time next week we are a in a better place and a sensible conclusion is made on the Silva situation.

I am in the camp of getting behind Shakey ... but there are worrying signs.

Too much loyalty to players who most fans can see are clearly not good enough , a reactive rather

than a procative approach , persistence with Mahrez over Gray etc etc.

If we lose next week and we finally have to accept that Silva is not coming until January

.... worrying signs will become major reservations.

King James Ndidi Slimani - are squad players.

Ndidi should be starting some games but shouldn't be first choice for all. 

Iborra Silva and Nacho were bought to be first choice and if they weren't then we perhaps shouldn't have bought them. Or nearly bought them.

Shakey deserves his opportunity but it's not his fault we botched the Silva transfer nor is it his fault we've played 3 top 6 sides in the first 4.

Problem is I think that due to his inexperience, the owners will dismiss him fairly quickly if things look like they are going wrong and won't be afforded the time a more experienced man would expect.

It's been a disappointing start but not unexpected, I expected 3 or 4 points from these fixtures and we've got 3.

Huddersfield will be a barometer of where we can expect to go this season. We are a better team than them and need to go out and show it next week. I hope he has a good gameplan.

I can however forsee a scenario where Shakey will be under extreme pressure if we get to Bournemouth away and haven't picked up any more points.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

It would help if he started to play Kelechi from the start.  Just do not get this.  

I think thats a must aswell. But someone on her suggested the toe injury is still there and i'm sure i saw him wincing in discomfort yesterday. Not good for us if that doesnt get sorted

Seems reluctant for change...

Chilwell has to be pushing for a start and will give us a mother dimension going forward.

We needed competition/improvement on Simpson during the window but no joy and I think Sagna is past it.

2 yr deal for Ulloa who is going to get nowhere nr the starting lineup. Will be on decent wages too, idv preferred a young hungry signing with potential for probably half the wages.

Shakey needs to move on from the PL winning season. 

I hated our end to last season, we were safe with a few games to go yet still set up quite negative in games.

jury is out still imo

• Like 1

This time last year the majority on here were backing Ranieri to get it right after a bad start and swatted away talk of his removal as crazy talk. Now people seem to be less forgiving to Shakespeare. 

Shakey should get until at least Christmas to prove himself as the man for the role. 

Compared to last year the arsenal, man utd and chelsea games have been a lot more encouraging if fruitless.  Had they been the same level of display it would be understandable.

I'm not convinced he's too loyal either. Morgan or Huth will lose out soon due to Maguire and james could be peripheral once iborra or silva? arrive. Gray has been too inconsistent to dislodge mahrez. Albrighton has dipped in the last fortnight but you can't argue with his selection since Liverpool. 

Things ain't great this morning but we're not far away. Under shakey we've  failed to score in one league game. We went almost 2 months without a league goal at the start of 2017.

Our squad is strong but hasn't had a chance to blend together yet. I'm positive we'll get it together soon.

• Like 1

Still not convinced he's the one to take us forward. I think the club has tried a little too hard for continuity, the attitudes of the players was always going to change after the title win, players and key staff would leave, clubs would figure out our style of play. We needed to evolve as a club after the title win.

• Like 1

iam not saying any of this or part of this is all shakies fault, but as the manager i think he could have had the team in a better position going forward into the season. what gets me is how the hell do we take so long to secure players and allow players who want to leave carry on like drinkwater , mahrez and gray. then we allow drinkwater to leave without getting a guarantee that our replacement player makes it to us.with ibbora been out and no silva we are down big time in the middle of the park, i like james but he is not a starting player. kelechi showed today he needs to start, simpson needs to go, he provides nothing in attack and he is a ordinary defender. who else thinks mahrez needs to be dropped his work rate is still pretty good but he puts very little effort into protecting the ball, and he seems reluctant to run at players. as for gray i would have taken the 25 million for him he is way over rated, he appears to be a suck. i now feel better, hope we can start winning over the next couple of weeks.     

I'm fully behind Shakey, but I think he needs to be a bit more ambitious and flexible from a tactical point of view. Bringing King on for Slimi yesterday was not the best way to address us being outnumbered in centre midfield. It left Vardy isolated and didn't help us to address the issues they were creating on the wings. We needed to do something more in my opinion.

The solid 4-4-2 has served us well and shouldn't be abandoned, but we need some other options. Time for Shakey to show us what he's made of and not just rely on being a "safe pair of hands".

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Too early to say. Had a horrible fixture list and awful luck with injuries/Silvagate.

I think we have been playing pretty well, and expect we'll climb the table when we've got the games against the big clubs out the way.

This is true tbf, but you could argue that playing well and not getting the results is due to Shakespeare in places. Certainly think the fiddling (moving from 2 to 3 to 2 in CM in the space of 10 minutes) vs Arsenal destabilised us and gave them the route back in. 

4 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Lets hope this time next week we are a in a better place and a sensible conclusion is made on the Silva situation.

I am in the camp of getting behind Shakey ... but there are worrying signs.

Too much loyalty to players who most fans can see are clearly not good enough , a reactive rather

than a procative approach , persistence with Mahrez over Gray etc etc.

If we lose next week and we finally have to accept that Silva is not coming until January

.... worrying signs will become major reservations.

I really don't get how anyone could think we should pick Gray ahead of Mahrez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, whitwickfox said:

I think he is getting more and more like Pearson in both his tactics and post match interviews. Worrying 

Correct.

And no surprise given he was Pearson's coach and tactician, which is the main reason I'd have preferred someone other than Shakes.

That being the case we have large sample of games to conclude that; dispite his assurances to the contrary when he took over as interim manager; he's primarily concerned with the opposition's tactics rather than us playing our strengths.

He is reactive rather than proactive, which means a lot of the time we are playing catch up in games.