Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Loan Watch 2017/18

BBC sport quote 

Ahmed Musa is causing all kinds of problems for Arsenal's defence - maybe Leicester should have given him more of a chance.

He tears Hector Bellerin to shreds and squares the ball for Alan Dzagoev, who fires woefully over the bar from a good position

42 mins

Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow

Ahmed Musa is basically taking on Arsenal on his own at the moment - another top-quality run at the defence, this time he shoots himself and it's saved by Petr Cech. If only his team-mates were as good as him.

From the BBC...whats he been smoking lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

BBC sport quote 

Ahmed Musa is causing all kinds of problems for Arsenal's defence - maybe Leicester should have given him more of a chance.

I hate shit reporting like that. He had plenty of chances and was absolutely garbage. Fair play to him tonight, but a good forty odd minutes against Arsenal doesn't change history.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I hate shit reporting like that. He had plenty of chances and was absolutely garbage. Fair play to him tonight, but a good forty odd minutes against Arsenal doesn't change history.

Exactly, viewers are basing him on 1 half of football. He is a poor man’s Lloyd Dyer in reality. He has had a fair game so far, but his speed is his only real asset. He still looks clumsy. Maybe he will improve in time, although as his past suggests, he’s found his level in Russian football. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Musa did also have a good five minutes against Arsenal while with us tbf lol The live commentary I was reading wasn't as complimentary.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's been getting into good positions, but no end product 

Sums him up really.

I can see why our scouts signed him. In terms of raw material he has some excellent tools to work with. However, his touch and composure as we know let him down time and again. He had a fabulous chance to put CSKA 2-1 up but both chose the wrong option (went neat post instead of far), but fluffed his technique hitting the ground before the ball!

3 hours ago, woznotwos said:

BBC sport quote 

He tears Hector Bellerin to shreds and squares the ball for Alan Dzagoev, who fires woefully over the bar from a good position

I actually agree we should genuinely give him another chance. He can’t be any worse than first time around! He’s young and has the attributes and will surely only improve with more games under his belt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

I actually agree we should genuinely give him another chance. He can’t be any worse than first time around! He’s young and has the attributes and will surely only improve with more games under his belt

He's absolutely shite, I'm just glad he's playing well enough that he might attract a bid from some mugs.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sums him up really.

I can see why our scouts signed him. In terms of raw material he has some excellent tools to work with. However, his touch and composure as we know let him down time and again. He had a fabulous chance to put CSKA 2-1 up but both chose the wrong option (went neat post instead of far), but fluffed his technique hitting the ground before the ball!

Agree completely, was a complete menace to Arsenal's defence, but countless times he'd done all the hard work and then fluffed his lines; falling over or choosing the wrong option. Only game time would improve that, or considerably amounts of training. And at the wage he's on, is it worth it?

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Agree completely, was a complete menace to Arsenal's defence, but countless times he'd done all the hard work and then fluffed his lines; falling over or choosing the wrong option. Only game time would improve that, or considerably amounts of training. And at the wage he's on, is it worth it?

Sadly I think Musa can't be helped out because he's been given a lot of time to do so. It is possible to improve composure, technique and decision making as seen with Ndidi, Chilwell and Gray. None of those three players is yet the finished article, and often still very frustrating in all three areas, but I do think they have all improved, but I never really saw that improvement with Musa in his time with us. I will say though that he stood out as CSKA's best player, so maybe it's helping his confidence? Best we can hope for is to get some of his transfer fee back really.

It's worth noting that even some of the best players in the world had problems with decision making earlier in their career. Cristiano Ronaldo for example had little to no end product in his first 12-18 months at Manchester United, but once they coached him he exploded. Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah were not considered good enough at Chelsea, but are now among the best players in the league. Musa is a write-off but I still hold some hope that Gray, Chilwell and Ihenacho all might develop into top class players. They all have a lot of raw talent and I feel that in recent weeks Chilwell has started to really look the part not just offensively but defensively too. He will continue to make mistakes but I think his development is encouraging. 

Of our young attacking players, Diabate is the most impressive to me. Not only is his attitude fantastic (he always seems to be positive and trying to do something with the ball), but I feel like his decision making is already quite good. Even when he gets it wrong, you can see what he was trying to do, even if it doesn't come off. I think he is more likely to break through into the starting 11 than Nacho or Gray as a result.

• Like 1

I have still have serious doubts Musa will ever be a success here. He is just too lightweight and his first touch and decision making/final ball are not good enough.

I am very happy he is performing well again in Russia though, as it means we can try and get back as much as our transfer fee as possible, although we will surely still make a loss, unless a Premier League Club overspend on him. 

The style Puel is trying to implement, needs players who are comfortable in possession and accurate with their passing. Musa doesn't suit this new style and was more suited to our old fast counter approach with minimum time with the ball. 

Sell him this Summer! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sadly I think Musa can't be helped out because he's been given a lot of time to do so. It is possible to improve composure, technique and decision making as seen with Ndidi, Chilwell and Gray. None of those three players is yet the finished article, and often still very frustrating in all three areas, but I do think they have all improved, but I never really saw that improvement with Musa in his time with us. I will say though that he stood out as CSKA's best player, so maybe it's helping his confidence? Best we can hope for is to get some of his transfer fee back really.

It's worth noting that even some of the best players in the world had problems with decision making earlier in their career. Cristiano Ronaldo for example had little to no end product in his first 12-18 months at Manchester United, but once they coached him he exploded. Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah were not considered good enough at Chelsea, but are now among the best players in the league. Musa is a write-off but I still hold some hope that Gray, Chilwell and Ihenacho all might develop into top class players. They all have a lot of raw talent and I feel that in recent weeks Chilwell has started to really look the part not just offensively but defensively too. He will continue to make mistakes but I think his development is encouraging. 

Of our young attacking players, Diabate is the most impressive to me. Not only is his attitude fantastic (he always seems to be positive and trying to do something with the ball), but I feel like his decision making is already quite good. Even when he gets it wrong, you can see what he was trying to do, even if it doesn't come off. I think he is more likely to break through into the starting 11 than Nacho or Gray as a result.

I would assume in the past year or so he's been with us that would be something they've tried to work on. But I do agree, this spell boosting his confidence will hopefully increase what we can recover of his value. 

All 4 of the youngsters mentioned really impress me actually. Diabate will be one hell of a player, allow him to age and strengthen and his runs at people will cause no end of problems. Gray is so close, assume with more games and maturity he'll begin to become better. Same with Chillwell, he came back from England duty seemingly more switched on to danger and his mistakes 

A roundup of the past two and a half weeks:

Elliott Moore and OH Leuven have now completed their first two matches of the extra playoff rounds, facing opposition from both the first and second division in Belgium. After a worthy 2-2 away draw at Zulte Waregem (where Moore earned himself a yellow card), a disappointing 2-1 home loss against SK Lierse followed. Both times, Moore went the full distance - and that as team captain! Next match is on Saturday, away at Waasland-Beveren.

Callum Elder is doing well at Wigan Athletic, and so are the Latics on the whole: With a couple of matches in hand following their FA Cup adventure, they've taken their chance in the league, won five of their past six matches (only loss was away at Pompey), scoring 15 goals in the process. They now greet from the top of League one, with still one game less played than second-placed Blackburn (both teams with 86 points). Callum Elder is pretty much set at LB and features regularly. No assists, no goals in the past few weeks, though. But also no bookings.

Bartosz Kapustka's woes at SC Freiburg: Not in the squad for the 2-0 away loss at Schalke two weeks ago, then was given a surprise and rare ten-minute cameo at the end of the Wolfsburg home game, a match Freiburg lost 2-0 also. The second goal for Wolfsburg fell right after Kapustka came on, with Freiburg throwing everything forward, pushing for an equalizer. Next opportunity for an appearance: Next Monday evening, away at Mainz.

Nampalys Mendy has now not featured for OGC Nice for four straight league matches, that neither on the pitch nor on the bench; but he's apparently fit enough to participate in a kids tournament (http://www.nicematin.com/football/les-pitchouns-ont-affronte-les-joueurs-de-l-ogc-nice-220661) and rumoured to be in the squad for tonight's match at Angers.

Islam Slimani was finally given some pitch time at Newcastle United, this against Huddersfield and coming on for the last 15 minutes of the match in a 1-0 home win. According to various reports, he actually had a decent game for the Magpies. Recently match-tied due to the game against his parent club.

Ahmed Musa still has no goals to boast about at CSKA Moscow, two more league games took place in the past two weeks. A 2-1 away win at Rostov was followed by a 2-1 home defeat against city rivals Dinamo. Musa played 84 and 58 minutes, respectively. Despite being very active again in the two Europa League matches against Arsenal, he failed to find the net, seeing his team crash out of the competition 3-6 on aggregate. Taken off the pitch in the away match after 83 minutes, he played until the final whistle in the return fixture.

Leonardo Ulloa wasn't allowed to play against us in a 2-0 win for the Foxes two weeks ago; however, he came on for Murray in last weekend's 1-1 home draw against Huddersfield. Seven minutes later, Brighton were down to ten men and Ulloa forced to help out more in the back.

Andy King: After a 2-0 away loss at Manchester United, going the full 90, he was replaced by Dyer after an hour away at West Bromwich (1-1).

Raul Uche's recent results with Real Bétis B: A 2-2 home draw against San Fernando (90 minutes, potentially two assists for both of Bétis' goals, hard to make out in the video),

followed by two goalless draws, one away at Granada B, where Bétis were absolutely dominating, had plenty of wasted chances and should've won by a landslide, and in an entertaining game at home against Las Palmas (Uche playing 90 minutes each). Next match is on Saturday afternoon, away at Jumilla.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 4

Elliott Moore and OH Leuven are doing quite well in the extra playoff rounds so far, after a worthy 2-2 away draw at Zulte Waregem and a disappointing 2-1 home loss against SK Lierse. On Saturday, they won 2-0 away at Waasland-Beveren, with Moore captaining his side once more (no bookings). Next game is away at Kortrjik, tonight at 6.30pm (GMT). However, Leuven have lost six out of their last seven matches against Kortrijk...

Callum Elder and Wigan Athletic continue to greet from the top in League One, both the Latics and second-placed Blackburn are on equal points and drew on the weekend, Wigan just have the way better goal difference (+54 to + 39). As for Callum, he got to another 90 minutes and no bookings.

Bartosz Kapustka wasn't in the squad for SC Freiburg away at Mainz yesterday (2-0 loss).

Nampalys Mendy remained an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw away at Angers on Friday.

Islam Slimani came on for Newcastle during the home game against Arsenal in the 63rd minute, and was partially responsible for the Magpies' winner by Ritchie, as Islam's header was flicked on by Ayoze Perez into Matt Ritchie's path. Slimani also received a yellow card.

Ahmed Musa played another 90 minutes and scored his first league goal for CSKA Moscow on the weekend, in a 1-1 draw away at FC Ufa, converting from close range in the 78th minute to even the score.

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/ufa-1-1-cska-moscow-ahmed-musa

Leonardo Ulloa came on for Pascal Gross in the 71st minute, but the score was already settled by then, as five first-half goals gave Crystal Palace a 3-2 home win.

Andy King made the full 90 minutes for Swansea in a 1-1 draw at home against Everton.

Raul Uche's came on in the 61st minute for Real Bétis B away at Jumilla, and saw his team to come back from one goal down. The 2-2 draw is now the fourth draw for Bétis B in a row.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1