Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

If FIFA rejected clearance first time around, and then again when more enquires were made alongside the FA about the whole 14 sec thing.... then surely an appeal wouldn't make any difference? or can a legal team actually overide FIFA own rules/ judgement?

I don't get the overreaction and drama queen breakdowns........then I thought every match thread :)

Personally I think with there being a very small windows of apparent/ questioned lateness, only 14 seconds, coupled with a strong restraint of trade issue for an international player in a pre world cup season, we could have a strong case for this being overturned on appeal. Fingers crossed.

Silva is an innocent victim in this and any punishment to him is harsh and unfair and surely breaks a few European working laws. There is still so much rumour and speculation about what has actually happened and hopefully common sense prevails without an appeal

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I don't get the overreaction and drama queen breakdowns........then I thought every match thread :)

Personally I think with there being a very small windows of apparent/ questioned lateness, only 14 seconds, coupled with a strong restraint of trade issue for an international player in a pre world cup season, we could have a strong case for this being overturned on appeal. Fingers crossed.

FIFA as an organisation who care a great deal about money surely would want a player that would contribute to their tournament playing for Portugal to have a full season ahead of the World Cup? 

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

FIFA as an organisation who care a great deal about money surely would want a player that would contribute to their tournament playing for Portugal to have a full season ahead of the World Cup? 

It's not Ronaldo or messi - he isn't even first choice in Portugal'a midfield 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Would fifa have rejected Ronaldo signing back at United 14 seconds late? Would they ****. The whole thing stinks! 

No they wouldnt

i spent most of the first few days stating it would go through but I did make a qualification that if FIFA wanted to make a point re late deals they could pick on us as a small club to do so. 

Jeesus i aint reading 20+ pages of no updates. lol

Im guessing the same crap we knew about the 14 seconds is the same shit we know at the end of the day. 

Good ol foxes talk, lets push on for 200 pages of nonsense thats builds up tempers and goes nowhere lol.

If more news has come in then i will tuck my head right up my arse....not literally as im not flexible like an ostrich.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Yes and nothing came of it.  This is much less sordid and quite straightforward.

Didn't that case get settled out of court where WHam paid Sheff Utd a seven digit compensation? Pretty sure it wasn't in vain!

46 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I've lost the plot that if Wilf and James get injured we are stuck with Amartey and King? That's relegation fodder lol

I do like this "what if every other midfielder gets injured" game. If we're at a point where we're down to our 4th and 5th choice midfielders, then there's a bigger problem than whether we were 14 seconds too slow back in August... Could do it with strikers - what if Vardy, Nacho, Slimani and Shinji all got injured? We'd be stuck with Leo.

5 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Where are people getting the idea FIFA is looking to fine Leicester/Silva?

i think we're getting Chinese whispers here - Ive seen no mention anywhere of a fine.

If that were to happen at all, and Manchester City and PSG get away with not getting fined themselves for paying excessively for players - the game would be gone imo...

3 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Where are people getting the idea FIFA is looking to fine Leicester/Silva?

i think we're getting Chinese whispers here - Ive seen no mention anywhere of a fine.

Because history shows us every rule FIFA has can be bent with money.

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Joking aside there isn't a way around this one. I just hope we look after him well until January if indeed he is now our player.

Agreed. Unless Leicester can prove they actually did send the info prior to 23:00 (which doesn't sound the case) then there's no way FIFA is going to make an exception - and thereby set a precedent.

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I do like this "what if every other midfielder gets injured" game. If we're at a point where we're down to our 4th and 5th choice midfielders, then there's a bigger problem than whether we were 14 seconds too slow back in August... Could do it with strikers - what if Vardy, Nacho, Slimani and Shinji all got injured? We'd be stuck with Leo.

It's not going down to 4th or 5th though it's 3rd at the moment lol 

look ok how it went at the end of last season when was short there, 

we got battered 

Archived