Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I hope this goes through but you could see this happening a mile off and even though it comes across as pedantry, I can see why FIFA are seemingly sticking to the rules. The key, as others have said, is where do you draw the line? 30 seconds? A minute? 2 minutes?

Sick of people giving Rudkin stick when they've not a clue about what actually happened and who is at fault but for me the club are responsible and no-one else. We don't know why we were waiting for the Drinky deal to be sorted but instinctively it sounds stupid. I would hope there was a reason, such as FFP, that we couldn't do Silva before Drinky.

In all of this I just feel sorry for Silva. People can say what they want about him being paid handsomely to do fvck all until Jan but that's not his fault and the bloke clearly wants to play for us. Must be frustrating. Fingers crossed common sense prevails here.

They should round to the nearest minute. 14 seconds rounds down to 1am in my book!

5 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I hope this goes through but you could see this happening a mile off and even though it comes across as pedantry, I can see why FIFA are seemingly sticking to the rules. The key, as others have said, is where do you draw the line? 30 seconds? A minute? 2 minutes?

Sick of people giving Rudkin stick when they've not a clue about what actually happened and who is at fault but for me the club are responsible and no-one else. We don't know why we were waiting for the Drinky deal to be sorted but instinctively it sounds stupid. I would hope there was a reason, such as FFP, that we couldn't do Silva before Drinky.

In all of this I just feel sorry for Silva. People can say what they want about him being paid handsomely to do fvck all until Jan but that's not his fault and the bloke clearly wants to play for us. Must be frustrating. Fingers crossed common sense prevails here.

Fair point, I agree the club is for sure at fault, but with rudkin its entirely possible he has been ordered to be a super hard arse at negotiations at risk of causing transfers to break down in which case one could say its harsh to blame him.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Feck knows... not many cases to refer to for likely outcome. All I can refer to is what I read about similar case, Nice cancelled their appeal before they even got a judgement. But the arbitration board set up to sot out their mess with Sporting did suggest they had a case to win the appeal had they kept going.

And in that instance, what happened with the player.... ?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Problem is, FIFA can't really afford the fall out if they let us get away with it and then something happens, like Silva scores a goal that gets us three points which ultimately send another side down. On that basis alone I can see them rejecting everything.

Yep. If we were to win an appeal I don't see that being the end of the matter. 

I think we need to admit that, for whatever reason, it didn't happen when we wanted, he should be available in January and we have to get on with it and not be in this position ever again. 

31 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Its a great deal guys.

We just made a deal where we pay someone 6 months not to play, what is not to like?

Of course in january shiva is going to be motivated like hell to play well with 6 months of pent up rage of not playing to let loose.

6 months of rage built up and gets a red card 14 seconds into his first game

Archived