Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Penalty taker

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He should not need to be diplomatic, with regard to team issues such as this.  

He is employed to be a decision maker.

If it's true it was done by a consensus of players, I don't know why he has not been able to make the decision himself based on what he's seen in the last two years.

If he has made the decision, he should say so; this is his job ffs.

I'm with you on that, my first thought was why is he not capable/big enough to make that decision himself.

It's so weird, but the club almost feels like an under 14s side being ran by a dad  of one of the lads. It just feels so unprofessional, yet we're a premier league team.

29 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He should not need to be diplomatic, with regard to team issues such as this.  

He is employed to be a decision maker.

If it's true it was done by a consensus of players, I don't know why he has not been able to make the decision himself based on what he's seen in the last two years.

If he has made the decision, he should say so; this is his job. 

Allied with his inability to sub / drop Mahrez so far,

regardless of performances, Shakey is now coming across as weak.

I agree with your sentiments there. Thats why it was so satisfying Vardy taking matters into his own hands.

Wish our managers werent so desperately dependent on Mahrez.

I think this fear that we could do nothing without him is unfounded

I sat in front of his box on Saturday - not one member of his entourage looked at all phased when he stepped up. He's taken one bad penalty for us and that was when we were 30 mins from lifting the PL trophy.

Have complete faith in him - whereas as others say - Mahrez is painful to watch.

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Shakespeare is being diplomatic.  Vardy made that decision.  Looked to me like Mahrez is the designated penalty taker and that was a bit of a snub from Vardy.  Could be a stretch of my imagination though, maybe Vardy just wanted to score the peno he earned

Payback for mahrez waiting to pass the ball to his bestie bbf idst Slimani instead of vardy which would have set him 1 on 1 in the first half 

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

At least Vardy and Mahrez aren't fighting like Cavani and Neymar

I think the group is too strong to allow that to happen. Plus, I don't think riyad is the kinda of player that gets in your face, so it was nice seeing them hug it out.

On 16/09/2017 at 19:54, DennisNedry said:

Can't complain too much when he's scored again from one, but it can only be a matter of time until GKs know he's just going to blast it down the middle and don't dive either side...

His penalties against Norwich, Everton, Bournemouth, Arsenal were not down the middle. 

He actually mixes up where he is putting it.

On 9/16/2017 at 23:54, DennisNedry said:

Can't complain too much when he's scored again from one, but it can only be a matter of time until GKs know he's just going to blast it down the middle and don't dive either side...

Quite right. In fact, if Goalkeepers stood up and faced the Ball they would save much more than they miss. Vardy is a pretty poor Penalty taker. Hard and low or hard and high gives the keepers less chance to save them.

I think the best penalty taker I've ever seen was Jonny Giles the old Leeds player. He hit the Ball crisply with a curve that looked like it was going wide but then turned inside the posts. He had it down to a fine art.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Quite right. In fact, if Goalkeepers stood up and faced the Ball they would save much more than they miss. Vardy is a pretty poor Penalty taker. Hard and low or hard and high gives the keepers less chance to save them.

I think the best penalty taker I've ever seen was Jonny Giles the old Leeds player. He hit the Ball crisply with a curve that looked like it was going wide but then turned inside the posts. He had it down to a fine art.

Every penalty JV takes is hard and he mixes it whether it's high or low.

When it comes to penalties give me Shearer or Lampard over Mahrez or Messi or Neymar.

Vardy is closer to the former than the latter and I feel very confident when he steps up to take one.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

When it comes to penalties give me Shearer or Lampard over Mahrez or Messi or Neymar.

Vardy is closer to the former than the latter and I feel very confident when he steps up to take one.

Harry Kane is the best penalty taker in the world these days.

Just whacks it right into the bottom corner.

I like Vardy but if the keeper guesses the right way then he'll have a good chance of saving it as they're never particularly out of reach.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Personally think Paul Gallagher is the best I've seen. Never missed one, always bullets as well. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Personally think Paul Gallagher is the best I've seen. Never missed one, always bullets as well. 

Gally was the best Leicester player I've seen for sure. The run up was brilliant, really inventive and kept the keeper guessing.

Archived