Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 27/01/2019 at 21:17, SystonFox said:

All the fans still bitter about “missing a chance of the fa cup this year” and “our best chance of the fa cup ever” are absolute twunts. We won’t win it, the big four always win it. Look at the last 20 years and tell me how often a mid table club wins it..... Wigan? 6 years ago. Pompey 11 years ago (in the final of against div 1 team).....

We should’ve beat Newport, but we’d only have got beat by Watford in round 5 anyway. 

Really?  And how often does a non big four club win the League?

14 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Yes that’s the point I made. I was referring to your negativity. 

“We WONT win it”

why not? We won the bloody league and no one gave us a chance!

but I guess your right, we are shit let’s believe that and be happy with our lot of. This forum has really gone down the pan 

This is a bit awkward and I don't really know how to tell you this, but I didn't make that post you were referring to.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I put the milk in first too. 

There's a theory that this shows you have aristocratic ancestors. That it became your family's tradition to put milk in first to protect their fine bone china against hot tea.

Check your pedigree, Bear. You could be the Right Royal Danny Dyer of the Black Country. :thumbup:

Probably use so much sugar because of all the slave plantations your family owned, too...

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Not being from Leicester and going on other Leicester FC  FB sites.

Bloody hell,you come across as the biggest bunch of moaners about.Never known anything like it,totally irrational about nearly everything.

Right ive said it

PS can I have the key to the safe house!

Tbf half of them have been Liverpool fans most of their life so it's to be expected.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

That's a given, I enjoy wasting my time on here though 

I often think about how I’d be a prolific hobbyist if I wasn’t on FT. 

I’d probably have an album out, I’d be an award-winning filmmaker.

Instead I’m nearly always thinking about the next Kop & Family Stand gag. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I often think about how I’d be a prolific hobbyist if I wasn’t on FT. 

I’d probably have an album out, I’d be an award-winning filmmaker.

Instead I’m nearly always thinking about the next Kop & Family Stand gag. :ph34r:

Have you ever thought about swapping the prop with the Family Band.

( think that works)

Just seen an article on news re live music. It reminded me I hate gigs. Of any size. Been to the shed and princess Charlotte in the past. The De Mont. Rock city. Granby Halls. Pub tribute bands. Ricoh. Festival. Fackin rubbish, the lot of them.

Noisy, uncomfortable. Distorted sound. Vvankers in the crowd. 

I like watching Glastonbury on the telly...but wouldn't go if you paid me

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just seen an article on news re live music. It reminded me I hate gigs. Of any size. Been to the shed and princess Charlotte in the past. The De Mont. Rock city. Granby Halls. Pub tribute bands. Ricoh. Festival. Fackin rubbish, the lot of them.

Noisy, uncomfortable. Distorted sound. Vvankers in the crowd. 

I like watching Glastonbury on the telly...but wouldn't go if you paid me

Must be an age thing...been to the Charlotte(Elastica),De mont(PIL,Manics,Kasabian  and a few more.Green day a few times(in my 20's-30's).But the misses got us two tickets for the Manic's at the De Mont hall this year......and even though i love listening to their music,i know i won't enjoy it!Just turned 50....and i'm turning into my dad!

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I like Ian Wright as a pundit / commentator.

He's often wrong but you can tell he loves football as a player or a fan, most of the other cronies in football media don't care but Wrighty is one of us, a proper fan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Must be an age thing...been to the Charlotte(Elastica),De mont(PIL,Manics,Kasabian  and a few more.Green day a few times(in my 20's-30's).But the misses got us two tickets for the Manic's at the De Mont hall this year......and even though i love listening to their music,i know i won't enjoy it!Just turned 50....and i'm turning into my dad!

It's partly an age thing....I agree. Yet I can go into town and if the DJ puts on some decent tunes, it can still take me to another place and prepared to dance uninhibited.

But gigs? No way!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

I like Ian Wright as a pundit / commentator.

Unless I'm imagining it, he's improved significantly. 

He used to just be a bouncy, enthusiastic, laddish sort. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but he didn't offer much quality analysis - but he seems to have really upped his game re. analysis.

• Like 2