Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

People who say "Expresso" deserve to have it taken off them and given orange cordial instead. 

I've always assumed they just want it really quickly so as soon as it's finished extracting I turn and throw the cup at them.

On 01/02/2019 at 10:33, Jon the Hat said:

The prospect of a Jeremy Corbyn led Labour Government is much much more of a threat to this country than Brexit.   See Venezuela.  This is their model.

The cute 'irony' that Venezuela is the only WTO, non-sanctioned (sanctions on individuals only) country that has no formal trade or economic facilitation agreements with the EU, such that we could call a no-deal Brexit the 'Venezuela model'. 

The Galápagos Islands aren’t that way good, went three years ago and the wild life was obviously fantastic but you don’t really get  a handle of extreme biodiversity by standing around for a few hours. Enjoyed my time in mainland Ecuador much more.

/humblebrag.

Edited by Stadt

Our home support is shit. The crowd may as well unpack their prawn and avocado sandwiches just before kick-off for the amount of noise they make. Of course our supporters would know more about prawn cocktails or KFC than prawn and avocado sandwiches though.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Our home support is shit. The crowd may as well unpack their prawn and avocado sandwiches just before kick-off for the amount of noise they make. Of course our supporters would know more about prawn cocktails or KFC than prawn and avocado sandwiches though.

Agreed. It’s the worst in the league.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Agreed. It’s the worst in the league.

It's awful and our away support isn't much better. Absolutely no noise 90% of the time. I looked at the United end yesterday and at least 85% of their fans were clapping along / singing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's awful and our away support isn't much better. Absolutely no noise 90% of the time. I looked at the United end yesterday and at least 85% of their fans were clapping along / singing.

Utd have always travelled well wherever they go. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Utd have always travelled well wherever they go. 

Yeah I know that. We travel well though, we just don't make noise.

No direct comparisons with Manchester United because they have the best away support in the league.

15 hours ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

The BBC and Sky Sports are shoe-horning womens womens football (and now rugby) into mainstream, with no actual support / fanbase

Maybe a case for the Beeb doing this (even then, it only seems to be special events, the national team or cup finals) but I can't agree on Sky Sports doing the same when they have that many channels, it's hardly "shoe-horned" and it actually makes sense for them to show it. It's not for me but it's easily avoidable, England women's rugby matches are on Sky Sports USA and Sky Sports Arena. What exactly will be being punted out for that? A repeat of an NBA game?

• Like 2

On 04/02/2019 at 07:32, Horibbly Wrong said:

Women footballers shouldn't be paid

The BBC and Sky Sports are shoe-horning womens womens football (and now rugby) into mainstream, with no actual support / fanbase

You don’t have to watch it pal, but it can’t gain an audience without a platform. I can’t see the issue personally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You don’t have to watch it pal, but it can’t gain an audience without a platform. I can’t see the issue personally.

Quite right ! ...   we need to get Keys and Gray back ! ...   oh how I miss the sexist arrogant pricks lording it round the studio.   :)

Edited by Countryfox
Quoted the wrong fookin post !!! Doh !!!

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This. 

The arguments against are akin to meat eaters complaining about Greggs selling vegan sausage rolls. I mean, so what? 

1 minute ago, Toddybad said:

This. 

The arguments against are akin to meat eaters complaining about Greggs selling vegan sausage rolls. I mean, so what? 

Absolutely, you have the power to choose  not to watch it.

It should also be remembered that men’s football has been a professional sport for over 120 years, how long has the women’s football been professional? 25years? You can’t really compare the two with each other yet.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Absolutely, you have the power to choose  not to watch it.

It should also be remembered that men’s football has been a professional sport for over 120 years, how long has the women’s football been professional? 25years? You can’t really compare the two with each other yet.

This is actually the first season that WSL has been full time professional for the whole of the division. Even now there's a huge gulf within that. Women's football was actually huge back in the 1920s - 53,000 watched a match on boxing day 1920.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

This is actually the first season that WSL has been full time professional for the whole of the division. Even now there's a huge gulf within that. Women's football was actually huge back in the 1920s - 53,000 watched a match on boxing day 1920.

Yeah I think I remember reading about that, did the FA block them from playing after that?

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 18:33, Jon the Hat said:

The prospect of a Jeremy Corbyn led Labour Government is much much more of a threat to this country than Brexit.   See Venezuela.  This is their model.

Welll, as long as the Americans dont sabotage the entire economy you should be fine