Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

All the fans still bitter about “missing a chance of the fa cup this year” and “our best chance of the fa cup ever” are absolute twunts. We won’t win it, the big four always win it. Look at the last 20 years and tell me how often a mid table club wins it..... Wigan? 6 years ago. Pompey 11 years ago (in the final of against div 1 team).....

We should’ve beat Newport, but we’d only have got beat by Watford in round 5 anyway. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

All the fans still bitter about “missing a chance of the fa cup this year” and “our best chance of the fa cup ever” are absolute twunts. We won’t win it, the big four always win it. Look at the last 20 years and tell me how often a mid table club wins it..... Wigan? 6 years ago. Pompey 11 years ago (in the final of against div 1 team).....

We should’ve beat Newport, but we’d only have got beat by Watford in round 5 anyway. 

Doesn't that bit count against your argument?

It happens.  About 10% of the time even in this day and age, so there is a chance.  We should not be throwing chances away.

Middle sized clubs don't tend to win the Premier League either, but y'know....

• Like 1

On 09/01/2019 at 00:32, the fox said:

Late Night cringe flashbacks are bad; late night nostalgia is worse. People you lost and the memories of friends that you never thought you will part ways with.

I miss the past.

That what I hate about the immediate-future...I worry if I have missed it..

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

It happens.  About 10% of the time even in this day and age, so there is a chance.  We should not be throwing chances away.

And since that great moment in time..this forum has changed,where a large minority have put out posts arrogantly believing we are entitled to expect

Cup results..insulting club and Players that they should of at least tried...because ones own  personal hopes were not realised,and own created perspectives

lay in tatters...then the blame-poster comes out...

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And since that great moment in time..this forum has changed,where a large minority have put out posts arrogantly believing we are entitled to expect

Cup results..insulting club and Players that they should of at least tried...because ones own  personal hopes were not realised,and own created perspectives

lay in tatters...then the blame-poster comes out...

Guilty as charged.

I did expect to beat a league 2 side.  Most did, that's why it's called an 'upset'.  Weird that it offends you but weird does seem to be your speciality.

A chance of progression thrown away.

21 minutes ago, murphy said:

Guilty as charged.

I did expect to beat a league 2 side.  Most did, that's why it's called an 'upset'.  Weird that it offends you but weird does seem to be your speciality.

A chance of progression thrown away.

Read the topic theme!!!  

I qualify !!!  Nothing weird about that,it's an unpopular opinion...you sausage!!:P

Edited by fuchsntf

8 hours ago, murphy said:

I suppose it does but the posts/tweets I see are almost suggesting we definitely would’ve won the fa cup had we beat Newport because now spurs, arsenal, Liverpool and a few others aren’t in it when in reality there is no guarantee. I know people will argue and say “but we should give ourselves the chance” the fact that we aren’t there happened no point being bitter about it still on fa cup weekend

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Leading on from that, I think all of these generic superhero movies are dogshit and appeal to the same morons who watch itv.

I agree to a certain point.

I like some of them but the whole genre has been milked so much that they've become boring with the odd exception.

22 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It’s ok to not like superhero movies without being pretentious about it tbf 

My wife loves all these superhero movies. I've never been a huge fan because theres way too many of them i cant keep track because im a thick cvnt.  They bore me.  I have to say though i watched aqua man on saturday and liked it. I was sick in bed with the wife (who was also sick) while the kids did whatever so i may have been in a drunken stupor.

Also, award shows in general for musicians and actors/actresses etc are lame. You get paid well fck off with these awards. How about you focus on making the movies and music cheaper to buy for common folk. Id give you an award for that.

21 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Also, award shows in general for musicians and actors/actresses etc are lame.

Can definitely agree with that. It's the fact that there's so damn many. Seriously, why do we need 3 dozen different award shows all for the exact same thing. Just ends up being a huge industry circle-jerk. Separate them out by medium (i.e. music, films, theatre etc) if you must, but we don't need 7-8 replicas of the exact same event, and we CERTAINLY don't need it taking over the news every time someone decides to wear a dress by Gonnelucci Viviari who whatever other random-name-generator Italian designer that no-one has heard of is 'in style'.

In case its not clear, I'm not a fan of award 'season' at all. Now, excuse me whilst I go back to being a grumpy (young) old man in peace... :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Leading on from that, I think all of these generic superhero movies are dogshit and appeal to the same morons who watch itv.

Never agreed with anything more in my life and I'll go one further, If you're a grown man watching Spider-Man or that Viking fella from the moon the get a grip 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Can definitely agree with that. It's the fact that there's so damn many. Seriously, why do we need 3 dozen different award shows all for the exact same thing. Just ends up being a huge industry circle-jerk. Separate them out by medium (i.e. music, films, theatre etc) if you must, but we don't need 7-8 replicas of the exact same event, and we CERTAINLY don't need it taking over the news every time someone decides to wear a dress by Gonnelucci Viviari who whatever other random-name-generator Italian designer that no-one has heard of is 'in style'.

In case its not clear, I'm not a fan of award 'season' at all. Now, excuse me whilst I go back to being a grumpy (young) old man in peace... :P

And the award for grumpy git of the year goes to......

@Xen :yahoo:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Where you a fan during the 15-16 season? 

4 hours ago, srbfox said:

Where you a fan during the 15-16 season? 

Not all of it. I started supporting them towards the end of that season. Was Chelsea before but they were rank that season. Might go back if things don't pick up. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Good point, we won the league so reasonably we should expect to win everything forever.

Yes that’s the point I made. I was referring to your negativity. 

“We WONT win it”

why not? We won the bloody league and no one gave us a chance!

but I guess your right, we are shit let’s believe that and be happy with our lot of. This forum has really gone down the pan 

Edited by srbfox

13 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Yes that’s the point I made. I was referring to your negativity. 

“We WONT win it”

why not? We won the bloody league and no one gave us a chance!

but I guess your right, we are shit let’s believe that and be happy with our lot of. This forum has really gone down the pan 

we were actually quite good when we won the league tbf, we are complete garbage now