Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, lavrentis said:

The mental health agenda push is dangerous.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Can you possibly elaborate on that a little?

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What does this even mean? 

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can you expand on this?

Fourthed. Could either be a salient point or remarkably suitable use of this thread lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lavrentis said:

Don't get me wrong mental health is real, but I've seen first hand how terrible the mental health services in this country are, it's not a fun place to get trapped in.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

What do you mean by pushing an agenda though? @lavrentis

Yeah exactly. 

There's a difference between "the NHS aren't great for mental health" and "pushing a mental health agenda."

Like with death, people have their own way of trying to deal with it; despite some unfortunately relying on illegal drugs etc nowadays.

If someone is struggling, they really need to reach out; that'll show the person they're reaching out to that they've got great courage to reveal what they're 'battling' and that they want some assistance to try and cope with up more effectively.

14 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

This could kinda go in the holiday thread too, but I notice many on here travel to places like Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, India, Egypt, Morocco, Dubai.

Frankly, in each case, I'd rather have root canal work done without anaesthetic

Come on give them a go, there’s a huge wide world out there, which for the most part I’d beautiful and full of wonder a new experiences.

What is it about these places you don’t like?

18 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

This could kinda go in the holiday thread too, but I notice many on here travel to places like Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, India, Egypt, Morocco, Dubai.

Frankly, in each case, I'd rather have root canal work done without anaesthetic

What do you mean?  The places you mention are completly different, or is it the cultural difference?

Is it because they dont have Blackpool tower and a pier?

47 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Mine would be that Social Media is a parasite on society and will ultimately lead to the downfall of civilisation if it isn't canned completely or regulated to the max.

whether thats unpopular or just dystopian is another matter!

I doubt this’ll be an unpopular opinion with people over a certain age! 

1 hour ago, Tommo220 said:

Mine would be that Social Media is a parasite on society and will ultimately lead to the downfall of civilisation if it isn't canned completely or regulated to the max.

whether thats unpopular or just dystopian is another matter!

Totally agree. Think I've said mentioned this a while back. 

Its not a coincidence that anxiety levels has increased in people the more social media has became popular. 

People paint their 'perfect picture' lives on social media, unintentionally rubbing salt in the wounds of the insecure. 

• Like 1