Jump to content
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ritchie De Laet has a championship and premiership medal with us and contributed more to our Championship promotion than King tbqh. 

In terms of on-pitch contribution I'd say that's probably fair.  In terms of overall contribution to the club though there aren't many above King.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2019 at 15:42, Tommo220 said:

Mine would be that Social Media is a parasite on society and will ultimately lead to the downfall of civilisation if it isn't canned completely or regulated to the max.

 

whether thats unpopular or just dystopian is another matter!

 

 

 

There's a documentary on Netflix about Cambridge Analytica and Facebook that suggests the dystopian part is likely to be true without strict regulation. Over the last decade they've influenced a scary number of elections around the globe. The thing is, Cambridge Analytica won't be the only company like this around - they're just the one that got caught. 

 

In psychology, there's various manuals that list symptoms and potential treatments for various conditions - including addictions. There's a movement to have social media addiction officially listed in these manuals, which would place it alongside things like drug and alcohol dependency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2019 at 12:05, Finnegan said:

Ritchie De Laet has a championship and premiership medal with us and contributed more to our Championship promotion than King tbqh. 

RdL has a PL winners medal and a Championship promotion medal from the same season.

Bet not many others have managed that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Eminem is a musical genius (Not so much his newer stuff)

Agreed... love his work, and so conflicted by the man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Agreed... love his work, and so conflicted by the man

Absolutely, extremely easy to relate to many of his lyrics and the way he puts them together is just insane.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Female commentators are just the worst.

 

I'm not suggesting that women shouldn't do the job, it's just that those that do are bloody awful.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Stokes, great cricketer but I just can’t like the guy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Female commentators are just the worst.

 

I'm not suggesting that women shouldn't do the job, it's just that those that do are bloody awful.

I think Jackie Sparks did the Watford game yesterday on MOTD.She was awful considering she’s quite experienced and Isn’t usually that bad.Really shouting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, don_danbury said:

hardly an unpopular opinion that

Fair enough point, there just doesn't seem to be much interest in rap on this forum in the music threads :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think Jackie Sparks did the Watford game yesterday on MOTD.She was awful considering she’s quite experienced and Isn’t usually that bad.Really shouting 

Vicki Sparks isn't it?

 

She seemed to latch on to Mark Noble at the start of her commentary for some reason. He was back from injury, but she was talking like he was playing a landmark game for the club or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Vicki Sparks isn't it?

 

She seemed to latch on to Mark Noble at the start of her commentary for some reason. He was back from injury, but she was talking like he was playing a landmark game for the club or something. 

It was 15 years since he made his debut. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 23:38, Paddy. said:

Female commentators are just the worst.

 

I'm not suggesting that women shouldn't do the job, it's just that those that do are bloody awful.

I think there are very few football commentators who are good anyway honestly. I think it's probably quite a difficult job - people are always going to disagree with what you are saying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I think there are very few football commentators who are good anyway honestly. I think it's probably quite a difficult job - people are always going to disagree with what you are saying.

If Commentators did their job right and just commentated on the facts and exactly what’s happening on the field of play, there shouldn’t really be anything to disagree with them on.

 

The reason some of them piss us off is when they start to impart their own ‘wisdom’ and opinions on the game. That’s not their job it’s the co-commentators job (usually an ex pro)

 

The reason Motty was so loved wasn’t because of his opinions but because he talked hard facts and accurate stats.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can anyone actually name a current commentator or ex-pro co-commentator that actually contributes anything worthwhile to the football viewing experience?

Rob Hawthorne doesn’t actively wind me up so he’s the best there is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can anyone actually name a current commentator or ex-pro co-commentator that actually contributes anything worthwhile to the football viewing experience?

Personally I enjoy listening to Neville and Carragher. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Personally I enjoy listening to Neville and Carragher. 

They're irritating at times, but they're pretty spot on with what they say a lot of the time. Neville in particular is first to pick faults with United when he feels he should.

 

But fan of Peter Crouch as well. He knows his shit and doesn't sound as boring or dull as the rest of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can anyone actually name a current commentator or ex-pro co-commentator that actually contributes anything worthwhile to the football viewing experience?


Bill Leslie who Sky are finally getting into their prem coverage is absolutely fantastic. Been doing EFL for years. Did the Deeney goal. Does excitement and drama without sounding as if he has a list of cliches written down. Best in England by a country mile and its criminal Sky keep Martin AND ITS LIVE AN-THON-Y MARTIAL Tyler ahead of him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt know which sandwiches are good, or what the currently fashionable barnets are, if not for Stringer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I wouldnt know which sandwiches are good, or what the currently fashionable barnets are, if not for Stringer :)

 

On the other hand you'd hear interviews with the players on RL...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...