Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Danny Higginbotham is pretty good, although he’s a summariser isn’t he, not a commentator as such. 

I think football coverage in general is pretty shite tbh. As with anything they know they’ll have the big numbers of viewers regardless so they’ve got lazy with it.

Sky Sports cricket coverage is pounds better than any of the football sky do. Excellent list of ex-pros, great insight, not biased, the master classes they do are great and the documentary’s they produce for lunch times are quality too. 

I don’t particularly know if this is unpopular or not - and I don’t eat a ton of fast food, but Burger King is 1000000 miles better quality of food than Maccies and if they had 24/7 restaurants they’d give them a good run for their money in the UK. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t particularly know if this is unpopular or not - and I don’t eat a ton of fast food, but Burger King is 1000000 miles better quality of food than Maccies and if they had 24/7 restaurants they’d give them a good run for their money in the UK. 

They do have 24 hour restaurants don't they?

Nah, Drury is much better on the World Feed now. His previous ITV reputation precedes him, which is absolutely true, GOAL FOR ALL OF AFRICA will live with him forever.

Martin Tyler isn't ageing well (he aged well better than Motty :() but he seems to feel the need to now add his own opinion on things, bang on about stuff over and over.

As a kid I never appreciated him, and neither did the BBC, but Barry Davies is the king of commentators and what all should aspire to. The constant need to fill every second of airtime with a stat, opinion, recap is so prevalent nowadays and ruins commentaries.

Think of some of the class you lot got to enjoy in the 1990s and early 2000s on TV: Tyler, Parry, Motson, Davies, Moore, Tydesley, Gubba, Champion, Brackley.

On 08/06/2019 at 15:20, Marmite said:

https://veggies.co.uk/tag/vegan-meat-feast-pizza/

It just dont make sense, there against meat but want to buy something that replicates a meat feast pizza ?

I've recently gone flexitarian. I'd love there to be a vegetarian exact replica of all meat, because I love the taste of meat but want to cut down on my carbon footprint.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The state of commentators when they use obvious pre script lines for goals. One of the worst I heard was 'The Greeks have cancelled their debt!' when they scored against Germany in Euro 2012, absolute cringe.

Stringer is absolutely the worst for this.

You know, in the bits in-between speaking about sandwiches.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The state of commentators when they use obvious pre script lines for goals. One of the worst I heard was 'The Greeks have cancelled their debt!' when they scored against Germany in Euro 2012, absolute cringe.

I had the misfortune of listening to a Sam Matterface commentary on Talksport once. Christ.

17 minutes ago, Langston said:

I had the misfortune of listening to a Sam Matterface commentary on Talksport once. Christ.

Fairly certain he got his break through commentating for Bet 365’s live streams so that says it all. 

Still jealous of him though - I think football commentary would be one of the best jobs in the world. 

Edited by Manini

On 29/08/2019 at 12:10, Langston said:

That guy was married to Natalie Sawyer. 

:nigel: