Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The Unpopular Political Opinions You Hold thread

Starmer thread = politics 

Coronavirus thread = politics

Also in the news thread = politics

Getting brexit done thread = politics

Asleep In Class GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why would they not be politics considering that's quite a big thing driving the discussion? 

What would you expect the Starmer and Brexit threads to be, just out of interest? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Asleep In Class GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The Starmer thread fair enough, but the rest lol

Why doesn't someone create a 'Politics' thread...

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

i get the point and i too much preferred it when we had a politics thread where the same posters could argue the same thing on repeat, but what else would they talk about in the threads you have mentioned haha? 

isn't that like going into the lcfc forum and saying "do they mean us thread = football", "vardy thread = football", "premier league thread = football", boring 

haha fair play someone already laughed at this post for the same reasons 

Edited by ScouseFox

1 minute ago, PaddyS said:

Being interested in politics is just a hobby, the same as any other. People who like this hobby think it's far more important and interesting than it actually is. A bit like football I'm sure.

A hobby some w*nkers get paid £70k pa for lol

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why not just bring back the politics thread and consolidate it all in one place?

Nah I understand that and was gonna say about the Politics thread but that was removed/closed for a reason. They're all different things to talk about and different areas of politics to talk about with in, for valid reasons I would say. 

Found it odd you picked 2 politics thread that would only have politics talked about though :P

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah I understand that and was gonna say about the Politics thread but that was removed/closed for a reason. They're all different things to talk about and different areas of politics to talk about with in, for valid reasons I would say. 

Found it odd you picked 2 politics thread that would only have politics talked about though :P

Yeah there would be a point if maybe he had said 

tinder thread = politics

chebs thread = politics

dogs thread = politics 

last pint thread = politics 

^ all good threads btw.

On 12/09/2017 at 20:15, Izzy said:

People who are in Unions are generally idiots :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Just went back to p.1 of this thread - and look who was the very first person to post about politics on the very first day that the thread existed......  lol

Maybe as OP, @StanSP could rename the Starmer thread "Politics Thread" and see if @Mark objects...... :whistle:

- Brexit is surely a big enough subject to merit its own thread - and will doubtless generate more debate again in a few months.

- Coronavirus thread seems to trundle along OK, some political content, some non-political, not too much partisan party politics?

- A dedicated politics thread could keep politics out of Also in the news & Unpopular Opinions and other general threads.

Oh, and this thread could be renamed "Unpopular opinions you hold about crisps". 

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Just went back to p.1 of this thread - and look who was the very first person to post about politics on the very first day that the thread existed......  lol

Maybe as OP, @StanSP could rename the Starmer thread "Politics Thread" and see if @Mark objects...... :whistle:

- Brexit is surely a big enough subject to merit its own thread - and will doubtless generate more debate again in a few months.

- Coronavirus thread seems to trundle along OK, some political content, some non-political, not too much partisan party politics?

- A dedicated politics thread could keep politics out of Also in the news & Unpopular Opinions and other general threads.

Oh, and this thread could be renamed "Unpopular opinions you hold about crisps". 

Coronavirus could have had its own sub forum with all of the ranging issues as seperate threads within to be fair.

• Like 2

My problem with other politics topics is you end up with 5 different conversations bleeding into each other or it just becomes a political cheerleading contest. Then you have people who are happy to argue endlessly just restating their opinion 20 times without adding to the debate in any way.

When I joined this forum ages ago you'd get some good topics and some not so good. People sometimes share a little of their lives and give their reasoning for voting one way or another or believing in certain principles and I find that interesting. Some people just turn up to shout at the "other side". Other people are looking to "win" an argument.

I can understand the forum owners getting sick of having to moderate topics that have spiraled out of hand and people who want to talk about things not political getting annoyed though.

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

dunno what sort of weirdo kids all of you were but if most my teachers told me to vote one way, the whole of our school would've voted the other. 

As well as this, I'm pretty sure my sixteen year old lad is more interested in his Xbox, wanking, and whether or not I'll notice if he's swiped a bottle of lager from the fridge. Poor parenting I guess :blush:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

As well as this, I'm pretty sure my sixteen year old lad is more interested in his Xbox, wanking, and whether or not I'll notice if he's swiped a bottle of lager from the fridge. Poor parenting I guess :blush:

That was me 24 years ago except with whatever Nintendo/sega system was out then.  Now married with 2 kids and outside of that not much has changed. Once a tosser, always a tosser.

8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Adolescent males should have been advised to thoroughly wash their hands at least 6 times per day long before now 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Classical music is more appealing than popular music (i'm only 30 btw).

What’s your definition of popular music? 

Music from a particular genre/era/artist? 

I would argue that the only classical music we hear and are exposed to is the best of the genre, as the really awful stuff has been designated to the dustbin of time. 

Therefore really good classical 

music may be better than the truly awful popular music. But the opposite would also be true. 

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

I would argue that the only classical music we hear and are exposed to is the best of the genre, as the really awful stuff has been designated to the dustbin of time. 

music may be better than the truly awful popular music. But the opposite would also be true. 

I think that theory is true for jazz.

If you listen to any outside the popular stuff, its generally awful. Have 6 Music on the background regularly and their jazz is one of the only genres I have to switch over for. Random loud trumpet noises in no coherent order doesnt really do it for me.

35 minutes ago, Milo said:

Most popular chart music especially over the last 10/20 years has gone backwards since the launch of reality shows and social. Its become diluted with talentless folk trying to score 15 mins of fame. I would also include Rap/Hip hop in the genres of my first sentence.

I agree not all classical is good as some is garbage but given the current choice of listening/streaming music i would prefer classical.

Also a reference i find listening to pop focused radio stations such as Radio 1, Capital etc... the hosts/adverts and general feel just annoying.  

16 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Most popular chart music especially over the last 10/20 years has gone backwards since the launch of reality shows and social. Its become diluted with talentless folk trying to score 15 mins of fame. I would also include Rap/Hip hop in the genres of my first sentence.

I agree not all classical is good as some is garbage but given the current choice of listening/streaming music i would prefer classical.

Also a reference i find listening to pop focused radio stations such as Radio 1, Capital etc... the hosts/adverts and general feel just annoying.  

popular music stations repeat the same music every 2/3 hours as the repeat the playlist.

Classical music is more open to playing a variety of music.

7 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

popular music stations repeat the same music every 2/3 hours as the repeat the playlist.

Classical music is more open to playing a variety of music.

Radio is pretty shite for this. Same tracks on repeat, never anything obscure. The only popular station I can listen to these days is RadioX. Saturday mornings on there are great for football build up too with Johnny Vaughan, just for the laughs.

When I worked nights I used to get home around 4am. Couldn't sleep. Whack on classic FM for an hour and it was the most relaxing thing ever, definitely gave me an appreciation for classical music that I never thought I'd have.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Radio is pretty shite for this. Same tracks on repeat, never anything obscure. The only popular station I can listen to these days is RadioX. Saturday mornings on there are great for football build up too with Johnny Vaughan, just for the laughs.

When I worked nights I used to get home around 4am. Couldn't sleep. Whack on classic FM for an hour and it was the most relaxing thing ever, definitely gave me an appreciation for classical music that I never thought I'd have.

likewise i put on the way home after stressful days from work and it helps me massively. i would recommend more people try it and break the stigma that it is aimed at the older demographic.. 

• Like 1