Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Because he’s been involved in a massive scandal? That’s why he’s fronting a press conference 

Then its up to the Prime Minister to Take that responsibility on....Its giving that position of DCummins more prominence than it deserves...

Shall every minion,or accused in society get their Hour on TV....I

I have more the feeling the courtiers & advisors to our politicians have more a say & right  than the elected.and our politicians now Need nursing in their jobs,more than ever...

Edited by fuchsntf

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then its up to the Prime Minister to Take that responsibility on....Its giving that position of DCummins more prominence than it deserves...

Shall every minion,or accused in society get their Hour on TV....I

I have more the feeling the courtiers & advisors to our politicians have more a say & right  than the elected.and our politicians now Need nursing in their jobs,more than ever...

Boris had the chance to take responsibility yesterday and didn't take it.

• Like 2

Why the Dominic Cummings story has been dragged out wall to wall coverage over the bank holiday weekend.

The guy isn't a king or holy leader. Although the coverage may suggest otherwise. 

Personally i have no interest whether he broke the law or not. Either suspend him, sack him or move on

13 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Why the Dominic Cummings story has been dragged out wall to wall coverage over the bank holiday weekend.

The guy isn't a king or holy leader. Although the coverage may suggest otherwise. 

Personally i have no interest whether he broke the law or not. Either suspend him, sack him or move on

Agree. If he is confirmed as an irresponsible dick, sack him, but don’t make out this is more important than the continued drop in cases and deaths.:nono:

But fancy this is 1/2 truth and 1/2 media witch hunt.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2020 at 12:03, David Guiza said:

People who blare out music so loud that it can literally be heard on the next street should face life sentences. Unless you are performing to three/four/five figure crowds you do not need it that loud and it is clearly done to irk neighbours or to show off that you have awful taste in music to anybody who can hear it. This may be reactionary from getting a crap night of sleep as a result of the same, but I stand by this. 

I am a huge music lover but, outside of certain songs in the car or at a gig etc, I get no more enjoyment from listening to it at a normal volume than I do at full blast. Maybe i'm missing something. 

Couldn't agree more mate. Had some neighbours in the street that backs on to our's playing their music at ****ing festival level volume all day, every day a few weeks back. Thankfully a few of us rang the town council and the police intervened. Feel like a bit of a dick doing it that way but it was just relentless, booming house music all day and there wasn't anywhere in my house you couldn't hear it.

It says at all that when I went round to politely ask them to think about anyone but themselves, they didn't even hear me knocking at the door. For a couple of hours a day, fine but this was all day and I genuinely couldn't hear myself think. If anyone nearby was self-isolating with Covid19 symptoms, it must have been absolute purgatory. Been quiet again for a week now, thank God.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Why should he commit an offence and then not get coverage? There's been far too many people, in power, who have had stuff covered up over the years. 

In his position he shouldn't have done it. Even more so when there's people like me and you that can't go out to see people we want to see. People haven't seen their families in weeks, and in some cases people haven't even had chance to say bye to people before they died.

One rule for them and another for us like usual. Fvck him. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Apart from thrashing a Netherlands team in disarray England were crap at Euro 96, and I don't understand the misty-eyed nostalgia for the tournament.

I think the misty eyed nostalgia for Euro 96 is down to a few things including...

It was at home and the weather was great

Pearces penalty reaction

Gazzas goal v Scotland 

More German penalty heartache/we woz robbed again :rolleyes:

Footballs coming home song/Brit pop explosion 

But you’re right, apart from the Dutch game, England were a bit Meh

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Apart from thrashing a Netherlands team in disarray England were crap at Euro 96, and I don't understand the misty-eyed nostalgia for the tournament.

Think it's more cultural than the pure quality of the football. Growing up in the 90s and England at football was massive and the players acted like they really cared. Last world cup was alright but feel like club football has overtaken most people's interest in the national side. Was the first tournament I was actually old enough to really remember though and every one since has just felt like a poor imitation and part of that is probably growing up too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It wasn't an amazing tournament. There weren't too many great games and many of the grounds were half empty.

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

I think the misty eyed nostalgia for Euro 96 is down to a few things including...

It was at home and the weather was great

Pearces penalty reaction

Gazzas goal v Scotland 

More German penalty heartache/we woz robbed again :rolleyes:

Footballs coming home song/Brit pop explosion 

But you’re right, apart from the Dutch game, England were a bit Meh

2004 was the best tournament football England have played in a long time. If Rooney had stayed fit we had a great chance.

Was born in 1990, and 2004 is the only tourney in my life I genuinely thought we were building momentum up to win, but Rooney's injury and the bent ref in the Portugal game were too much to take on.

Since then we've just been really, really boring at major tournaments (one entertaining game against Sweden in 2012 aside) and haven't looked like winning anything at all - as fun as 2018 was I think we were dreading facing anyone half decent. If I wasn't an England fan I'd have absolutely no urge to have watched us at all from 06-18. The tide is definitely turning but I still think Southgate relies on Kane too much and it's to the detriment of the side and their ability to mix it up whenever Plan A doesn't work. 

The manager also shits himself whenever we go 1 up which isn't great.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think that there should be an appropriate names list and this modern fad of parents trying to exhibit their kooky personality through daft names or spellings is tantamount to child abuse. 

That had occurred to me too.

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think that there should be an appropriate names list and this modern fad of parents trying to exhibit their kooky personality through daft names or spellings is tantamount to child abuse. 

Always feel for kids who get given daft names. The same parents don't live through the situations having an unusual name gives you. Remember around skyrim release, a parent named their kid Dovahkiin due to their love of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Always feel for kids who get given daft names. The same parents don't live through the situations having an unusual name gives you. Remember around skyrim release, a parent named their kid Dovahkiin due to their love of the game.

Appalling. 

Also the ones where Kayleigh has been turned into Kaiileaugh or some other 'kooky' spelling. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Appalling. 

Also the ones where Kayleigh has been turned into Kaiileaugh or some other 'kooky' spelling. 

I feel for them, the kids will be ripped at school for having weird names or 'kooky' spelling.  

I think officials have the right to reject names if they're deemed offensive, but with the number of idiots in the world you wonder whether certain limitations should be brought in.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I feel for them, the kids will be ripped at school for having weird names or 'kooky' spelling.  

I think officials have the right to reject names if they're deemed offensive, but with the number of idiots in the world you wonder whether certain limitations should be brought in.

I've witnessed it first hand in schools. Hard on em sometimes.

One of the Scandaweigan states has a culturally appropriate names list - I've always thought we'd benefit from this. 

I mean look at poor Elon Musk's child.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I've witnessed it first hand in schools. Hard on em sometimes.

One of the Scandaweigan states has a culturally appropriate names list - I've always thought we'd benefit from this. 

I mean look at poor Elon Musk's child.

That kid will be too rich to care but its such a ridiculous name.

Jamie Oliver's kids are just as badly named: 

- Buddy bear, River rocket and Petal blossom to name 3 of the 5.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That kid will be too rich to care but its such a ridiculous name.

Jamie Oliver's kids are just as badly named: 

- Buddy bear, River rocket and Petal blossom to name 3 of the 5.

Oh yeah - they're rich enough to absorb it really. 

They're not names are they? They're just signposts to Oliver's preferred public persona. Look how cool and hip I am. 

I also dislike the general trend of Americanised names. Met plenty of Rocco and Tyler's over the last few years. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Oh yeah - they're rich enough to absorb it really. 

They're not names are they? They're just signposts to Oliver's preferred public persona. Look how cool and hip I am. 

I also dislike the general trend of Americanised names. Met plenty of Rocco and Tyler's over the last few years. 

Jamie Oliver is a prize twat though, don't expect anything different. 

Yeah I can see the annoyance behind them. I guess at the end of the day we don't get a choice of what parents name their kids

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Jamie Oliver is a prize twat though, don't expect anything different. 

Yeah I can see the annoyance behind them. I guess at the end of the day we don't get a choice of what parents name their kids

No. Hence it's position in this thread. 

Oliver is a twat, he really ****ing is.