Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

44 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No idea why people are getting so worked up about people going to drive-throughs. Of all the things to start calling people the dregs of society and bizarre over...

On a personal level this sort of illogical thinking (ooh maccies opens today I must have one today) annoys me anyway - but I imagine it’s pissed a lot of people off who can’t get near the supermarkets or back home from work without sitting in a 30 minute queue of clowns waiting to turn into McDonald’s. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

On a personal level this sort of illogical thinking (ooh maccies opens today I must have one today) annoys me anyway - but I imagine it’s pissed a lot of people off who can’t get near the supermarkets or back home from work without sitting in a 30 minute queue of clowns waiting to turn into McDonald’s. 

Burning Petrol as well 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you are driving less than 5 miles, are able to do so, then f**king walk or cycle.

Well it is the unpopular opinions thread :D

Hoi missed out..F**King Wheelchair/mobilescooter..!! :D

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Haven't been there for years.

Only like the apple pies there, as that seems to be the only food content that hasn't had any creepy crawlies etc inside it reported by anyone as yet at alll= via the media.

Edited by Wymsey

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Haven't been there for years.

Only like the apple pies there, as that seems to be the only food content that hasn't had any creepy crawlies etc inside it reported by anyone as yet via the media.

I’m not a McDonald’s fan but can’t recall too many stories of creepy crawlies in their food? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I don't think Jadon Sancho is £100 million player, i get he's excelled in the bundlesliga for Dortmund. Not seen anything at international level or in the champions league to think he's worth that much. 

Counterpoint, he's 20 years old and he's one of the best players in the Bundesliga. Given how crazy today's transfer market is, i'd actually think 100M is a bargain. I think a lot of people's skepticism is because he plays in Germany and not in the Premier League.

21 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Paul Parker wasnt at fault for the West Germany goal at Italia 90. Hate to say this but it was totally Peter Shilton's fault, his positioning was awful.

I think Shilton really showed his age in that game and despite going the right way each time, he didn't really get anywhere near any of the German pens in the shootout.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I don't think Jadon Sancho is £100 million player, i get he's excelled in the bundlesliga for Dortmund. Not seen anything at international level or in the champions league to think he's worth that much. 

He’s got 33 goals and 37 assists in 92 career appearances. This season he’s made 22 (5) appearances in the league and he’s scored 17 goals and set 16 up which are just ridiculous numbers let’s be honest. Ousmane Dembele went for over £100m+ (IIRC), Joao Felix did too and neither have showed the ability Sancho has so far. Underrated/Overrated arguments aren’t so dull but at this stage he’s gone under the radar because he’s “only playing in Germany”

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s got 33 goals and 37 assists in 92 career appearances. This season he’s made 22 (5) appearances in the league and he’s scored 17 goals and set 16 up which are just ridiculous numbers let’s be honest. Ousmane Dembele went for over £100m+ (IIRC), Joao Felix did too and neither have showed the ability Sancho has so far. Underrated/Overrated arguments aren’t so dull but at this stage he’s gone under the radar because he’s “only playing in Germany”

Tbf dembele looked world class at Dortmund and has since flopped spectacularly. Sancho is having a good season, no doubt about that, but to me, one decent season shouldn't get you a £100mill+ price tag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbf dembele looked world class at Dortmund and has since flopped spectacularly. Sancho is having a good season, no doubt about that, but to me, one decent season shouldn't get you a £100mill+ price tag. 

It’s the going rate though, he had a brilliant season last season too. He’s putting up 1.12 goals and assist per 90 minutes across his Bundesliga career so far. If somebody offered us £50m for Barnes we’d most likely turn it down and he’s got 7 top flight goals so far and is older than Sancho.

He’s already showing unreal form and he’s about 6 years from his peak, if clubs want to buy him it’s going to be £100m now or double it in a few years time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I think Shilton really showed his age in that game and despite going the right way each time, he didn't really get anywhere near any of the German pens in the shootout.

True on the penalties, English penalty takers have got a lot of grief since 1990 but the goalies have disappointed in shoot outs. Around 75% of penalties are scored, Seaman saved a couple over the years and Pickford saved in the last two shoot outs but apart from that the likes of Shilton, James and Hart have disappointed and should have been looking to save at least one penalty per shoot out.

Edited by Nalis
Typos

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Paul Parker wasnt at fault for the West Germany goal at Italia 90. Hate to say this but it was totally Peter Shilton's fault, his positioning was awful.

He was about 63 at the time, cut him some slack.

I remember him moaning about Beckham or Rooney (can't recall which) still being selected at 33/34 (nothing to do with the fact they were closing on his caps record, though) and were too old, said the man still playing for England in his forties.

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

He was about 63 at the time, cut him some slack.

I remember him moaning about Beckham or Rooney (can't recall which) still being selected at 33/34 (nothing to do with the fact they were closing on his caps record, though) and were too old, said the man still playing for England in his forties.

Second best Goalkeeper ever!