Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup 2017-18

The BBC are terrible at editing live matches. Everton attacking somewhat dangerously near the corner, might be about to put in a cross, then they cut away to show Jon Moss holding up the stoppage time board. It's not Match of the Day highlights, you don't need to splice in clips of the touchlines, the crowd or the benches every 5 flipping seconds, just focus on the bloody ball for god's sake.

Edited by orangecity23

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

think the phrase was 'hijo de puta' which is son of a whore/son of a bitch.

I know. 

He's Brazilian so more likely filho da puta, similar to what Jose called Eva Caneiro. I doubt Holgate speaks Portuguese and the ref was right there, if he had dropped the N word the ref and one of the other players would have heard. I would say Holgate misheard he had clearly lost his head, one little shove was a clear foul, the second where he needlessly shoves him into the fans is a red in my book. Cowardly move that could really hurt a player.

Final point, the BBC should not have made such a big deal out of it, they are clearly implying Firminio said something racist, but then just leave it open to interpretation which puts it out in the public eye and Holgate will have to make an official statement either he called me a N, or he didn't. In this case the best thing is to let it blow over. Unless he Firminio did call him a N then ban him, but it doesn't look like it to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

He's Brazilian so more likely filho da puta, similar to what Jose called Eva Caneiro. I doubt Holgate speaks Portuguese and the ref was right there, if he had dropped the N word the ref and one of the other players would have heard. I would say Holgate misheard he had clearly lost his head, one little shove was a clear foul, the second where he needlessly shoves him into the fans is a red in my book. Cowardly move that could really hurt a player.

Final point, the BBC should not have made such a big deal out of it, they are clearly implying Firminio said something racist, but then just leave it open to interpretation which puts it out in the public eye and Holgate will have to make an official statement either he called me a N, or he didn't. In this case the best thing is to let it blow over. Unless he Firminio did call him a N then ban him, but it doesn't look like it to me.

The irony is,if Firmino had stayed in the crowd,feigning injury Holgate is sent off for violent conduct!

The BBC calling Wolves a potential giant killing is a bit dumb. 

If the run away leaders of the championship beat one of the worst teams in the Premier league is it really a giant killing? 

Tbh, surely on form and at home you'd have to make Wolves favourites. 

They've probably even got the better team on paper as well. They'd fancy themselves to win that surely. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Someone on reddit (I know, definitely the most reliable source) said that a common insult in region Firmino comes from is "filho de uma rapariga", maybe Holgate misheard/misinterpreted the last word.

The BBC calling Wolves a potential giant killing is a bit dumb. 

If the run away leaders of the championship beat one of the worst teams in the Premier league is it really a giant killing? 

Tbh, surely on form and at home you'd have to make Wolves favourites. 

They've probably even got the better team on paper as well. They'd fancy themselves to win that surely. 

The BBC get WAY too excited at the prospect of any kind of upset.

Just look at the comms today for your game at Fleetwood. Pearce virtually creaming himself any time Fleetwood got near your box, and trying to incite any possibility that there might be a Fleetwood winner. Tit.

Someone on reddit (I know, definitely the most reliable source) said that a common insult in region Firmino comes from is "filho de uma rapariga", maybe Holgate misheard/misinterpreted the last word.

He definitely said "fio da puta" before he got blocked from view.

As has been said if he called him anything racist then he was surrounded by people who would have heard it.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He definitely said "fio da puta" before he got blocked from view.

As has been said if he called him anything racist then he was surrounded by people who would have heard it.

Yeah, but it's whatever was said while the view was blocked that wound Holgate up

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The BBC get WAY too excited at the prospect of any kind of upset.

Just look at the comms today for your game at Fleetwood. Pearce virtually creaming himself any time Fleetwood got near your box, and trying to incite any possibility that there might be a Fleetwood winner. Tit.

Thankfully, Lawrenson was only on the radio today. A combination of Pearce's fake excitement and grating comments plus Lawrenson's "wit" and wisdom would be enough to have the sound off from the start. Kilbane was ok.