Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

37 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I'm made up for him - good old nige. Back as part of the team. Great news also for the manufacturers of giant white trainers. NFP gonna be back stalking the pitch side with a pair of hi-tec bad boys ready to throttle any opposing workmanlike midfielders. Also ready to step back to LCFC if and when we need him!

I'm more than willing to get a pair of boxfresh white Air Max 95's in support of our new Leicester Belgian overlord!

#solidarity

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

This can only be good for Leicester. 

If anyone can turn a player from boy to man, it's Nige. 

Sending youngsters on loan there would give them better chances than anywhere in the UK I expect, the football might be different but as we know more than anyone, it's about attitude as well, 

we know any young players we send on loan there or sign from there, will be coming to the club a much better footballer than when they left/arrived. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I love the bloke but I think we need to move on. We're aspiring for European football now and if we're going to push forwards I'm not convinced he is what need.

Is there anything to suggest this is more than a rumour anyway?

I love the bloke but I think we need to move on. We're aspiring for European football now and if we're going to push forwards I'm not convinced he is what need.

I'm convinced he can bring us what we need though, look I give him major credit for our title win, without him we'd have been no where near, he put solid foundations in, that said I doubt we'd have won the title with Pearson, take no credit away from Ranieri, without him we wouldn't have won have won the title either.

But what i'm saying is if we can bring him back as manager I hope, I pray we can bring him back in an advisory role, a DOF role, something, he has contacts and he builds solidity.

All (Most of) the good work Nigel Pearson did in turning this club around and laying those foundations are gone, Ranieri admitted in the title winning season he didn't have to change anything, so what happened the summer of winning the title I do not know, why change things? Why let everything fall down around you? The following season why change so much?

Is there anything to suggest this is more than a rumour anyway?

http://www.ohl.be/nl/heren/nieuws/bericht/10296/nigel-pearson-nieuwe-coach-van-oh-leuven

(Via Google Translate)

Today, OHL represents Nigel Pearson as a new coach of the club.

Nigel, 54, takes over the duties as head coach with immediate effect.

With the appointment of Pearson, Dennis van Wijk leaves our club.

The Dutch coach thanked his team for Friday morning training and congratulated everyone very much.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, CEO of King Power International owner of OHL said "Dennis joined the club in January and led a young group away from degradation. Dennis's dedication was incredibly great and we are very grateful for his hand work."

"Nevertheless, we have made the decision that we think is best for the club in the long run. A switch from head coach is never an easy decision, but this is necessary if we want to achieve our vision and ambitions."

"Nigel is an incredibly good manager with a wealth of knowledge, good people skills and a strong winner's mentality. He will put OHL on track for the next few years."

In addition to his tons of experience, Nigel will not only assist as coach but also assist King Power Internation in expending the infastructure of the club.

Nigel already made great successes in collaboration with the Scrivaddhanaprabha family.

As a Leicester City coach, he led the club to the Premier League in 2014 and kept it safe in 2015.

Nigel is a highly regarded coach in England and had the leadership of England U21, Newcastle United, Southampton, Leicester (2 periods), Hull City and Derby County in the past.

Nigel Pearson: "I look forward to throwing my back to football, re-working with King Power's people and helping out with this beautiful club."

"Through my experience with King Power's people. I know how to develop the club and I'm looking forward to contributing to it. The club has many good players and a good staff that guides them, I cannot wait to work with them and achieve our goals."

Nigel Pearson will already be his first training on Friday morning and will be on the bench for the first time at the clash against Beerschot Wilrijk on Sunday at the King Power a Den Dreef Stadium.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

I've always felt that the fallout over Thailand wasn't personal and that the owners didn't want to remove him like that.

This might be a way of the club getting him back but given how things have nosedived somewhat for us I'd love for him to return in the background.

Great for him to be back in the game even if he doesnt return to Leicester.

Fits into the sacked not sacked theory, of the old man didn't want him, and top wanted him.

As the is tops project, he's got him in, but these having nothing to do with us, club or Pearson, so don't really care about any of it 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

He's a people person but not a bloke shoving a microphone in his face asking a provocative question when the spotlight is on him person.

He isn't a people person at all, you either follow his rules or feel his wrath. It's my favourite thing about him.