Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

Feel sorry for whoever gets the job - with Rudkin in charge of recruitment it will be like trying to cook a vegetarian banquet on Ready Steady Cook, only to find out some jumped up failed youth coach has brought a bag of ingredients containing 8 packs of Richmond sausages and a multipack of Monster Munch.

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Mancini looks the most likely to me thinking about it. 

•Been out of work for a substantial period of time 

•Premier League success 

•Leicester connection 

•High-Profile name that the owners are after 

He admitted in a recent interview that he couldn't really give a toss about Leicester.

He was only here 5 minutes and played a handful of games. He's got zero affinity to us really...

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He admitted in a recent interview that he couldn't really give a toss about Leicester.

He was only here 5 minutes and played a handful of games. He's got zero affinity to us really...

Debatable, as he often had regular English lessons at Loughborough College and he told staff teaching him at the time that he found Leicester fans friendly and supportive.

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

•Premier League success 

•Leicester connection 

^ This

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

•Premier League success 

•Leicester connection 

been managing Zenit since June they're top of the Russian League 

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

And that's why he should be approached. Zero affinity to any player power. Start fresh with proven experience and a brand talisman for KP.

23 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I'm putting it out there.  Sean Dyche.

He has done great with Burnley and without being disrespectful to them, he has taken them as far as they can go, surely.  He'll never manage one of the top 6 teams, but I'm sure he'll see Leicester as a step up before he takes the England job (which will happen).

He would motivate and organise the players and I dare say he wouldn't be afraid to put some players in their place if and when necessary. 

His family also live a lot closer to Leicester than Burnley.

Good shout, he has done well at Burnley and hasn't spent a lot of money, but he gets the best out of his players 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No relevance whatsoever. Neville went from playing into managing. Giggs was regarded as one of the brainiest of utds team. he's worked at utd and had 4 years or so as an assistant to Van Gael.

With ex players you just never know who has the ability to step up and who doesn't. Who would have thought Lennon would turn out a good manager.

Lennon hasn’t though lol

Talk of big name managers but outside of Ranieri our most 3 successful managers since the 90s have come from a low base.

Little- Darlington

O'Neill - Wycombe

Pearson - Southampton (more or less Equal)

I hope we dont get too carried away with this whole idea of a 'big name manager'.

Coleman would build a really good team spirit. Tactically he has been good for us (Wales) on the whole although he messed up big time against Republic of Ireland in that last game after Allen went off. Not convinced he'd see us threatening the top but would probably stabilise us mid table. Think we could do better.

What's Hiddink doing?

Archived