Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

13 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Marco Silva is a great shout.  Ryan Giggs is an awful one.

Silva is the guy I'd go for if I were the Club. But how can you say Giggs wouldn't be a good Manager. Someone who's played nearly 800 Games for one the biggest Club in the World and for one of the all time great Manager. As a very intelligent player he surely must have picked up something from all experience. I'd give him a chance before Pardew etc. But like said Silva is the stand out candidate at our level. 

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Silva is the guy I'd go for if I were the Club. But how can you say Giggs wouldn't be a good Manager. Someone who's played nearly 800 Games for one the biggest Club in the World and for one of the all time great Manager. As a very intelligent player he surely must have picked up something from all experience. I'd give him a chance before Pardew etc. But like said Silva is the stand out candidate at our level. 

Bit like Gary Neville then.

20 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Will the new manager have the same lack of input to transfers and will this put off many of the strong candidates? 

This is THE issue. Im sure that other managers were approached before Shakey was appointed, looked at the set up and said No Thanks

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Ok, well let's add Gary Neville to the list. 

If Ryan Giggs was a good premier league manager (and he might be one day) then he would have had a job by now.  Trust me, now is not the time to be chancing our arm with unproven potential, what we need is credible top flight experience. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bit like Gary Neville then.

No relevance whatsoever. Neville went from playing into managing. Giggs was regarded as one of the brainiest of utds team. he's worked at utd and had 4 years or so as an assistant to Van Gael.

With ex players you just never know who has the ability to step up and who doesn't. Who would have thought Lennon would turn out a good manager.

I would try and tempt Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche away from definite smaller clubs than us that they are at currently. They have the prem experience. Talk of Ancelloti or Benetiz is pure fantasy. Newcastle are massive and the potential is there. Ancelloti has managed some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Not a chance. 

I'm putting it out there.  Sean Dyche.

He has done great with Burnley and without being disrespectful to them, he has taken them as far as they can go, surely.  He'll never manage one of the top 6 teams, but I'm sure he'll see Leicester as a step up before he takes the England job (which will happen).

He would motivate and organise the players and I dare say he wouldn't be afraid to put some players in their place if and when necessary. 

His family also live a lot closer to Leicester than Burnley.

Archived