Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And therein Stu lies our problem. You’re showing the lack of ambition that has lead us down this pathetic path. 

Money does talk and there are TOP managers out there who may well be lured if the package is right. 

It ain't Football Manager. Money don't buy everything and we got no decent package.

Top managers have ambition, need a clear way, a clear goal, working structures and good footballers. They won't come in a club without plan since it won the league, which has flirted with relegation last season, sacked two managers in 18 months and is actually 18th on the table. They won't train plodders or work with people not able to sign a player before the deadline. 

Do you even see Ancelotti 3 times UCL twinner, title winner in three different leagues, ex Manager of Bayern, AC Milan, Chelsea or Real Madrid wandering in Leicester's streets, teaching how Musa to control a ball or Simpson not to hoof the ball like there is no tomorrow? Tuchel, Benitez taking shit from Morgan or whoever thinks he's a big gun in the club? Do you imagine what a downgrade it would be for them?

I've seen such big names thrown out on this forum that fans from other clubs must have the laugh of their life if they ever read the replies.

The "PL winner" ship has sailed. There was an opportunity and it's fvcking gone. Promising "young" managers like Silva (Watford) or Schmidt are still an option but established top managers? No fvcking way.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Top proven managers won't come to Leicester, stop being delusional.

People available to us as those at smaller overperforming clubs at our level, out of work (for being crap) managers, or someone from lower/foreign leagues who are unproven here but fancy a crack in England and aren't already at a decent club.

Top managers is the sense of top quality, proven almost guaranteed good appointment managers don't tend to fall into those categories.

It's a shame that I can't see our club unearthing a young manager with potential from a foreign club. Like Huddersfield did with Wagner, Southampton did with Pochettino, Hull did with Silva.

Top quality managers all started somewhere and I'd like to see us find one before they hit the big time, since proven ones are out of our reach. If only our board knew something about football.

The club doesn't need a big name, it needs someone with talent, ambition, a proper philosophy and a bit of arrogance.

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

Chris Wilder - doing a great job at Sheffield United and did wonders at Northampton ?

He's from near Sheffield and considering how well they're/he's doing, he'd find it quite hard to leave tbh.

Just now, bald reynard said:

Chris Wilder - doing a great job at Sheffield United and did wonders at Northampton ?

That thought also crossed my mind. Seems to improve every season and has risen through the leagues without so much of a flinch so far.

4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Just finished 3rd in a truly crap group for the World Cup, these days it's easier to qualify than not for major tournaments.Had a lucky run in the Euros,even p*** poor England beat them for gods sake, track record at club level is poor but apart from that really fits the bill.

Yeah I'm not saying he's the next Bill Shankley or anything. I just think that of the realistic candidates, he is probably the most likely to get the job, and is the best qualified.

Ancelotti is just a wet dream. Dyche would be great but given the precarious nature of football management i'd be surprised if he'd leave for a club in the bottom 3. I would have thought he'd be thinking he could be the next Everton/Newcastle/West Ham manager.

Coleman has done a lot considering he's still only 47. His best managerial days could still be ahead of him...

Who else actually is there who would be interested in the job?

Exactly, something we used to do well ourselves. The lack of preperation we seem to do for losing a manager is frightening.

We should be constantly monitoring leagues to see who is performing, who would fit here etc... but we have Rudkin who does no prep work and just looks at the out of work managers, international managers and people he has worked with before.

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Martin Jol would be ok.

Similar to Ranieri, calm and seeks to gets the best out of his players as well as having extensive experience.

Always liked Jol, has he been out of the game too long though? He's got a decent record of spotting young talent and bringing them through. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Wasn’t Ranieri a TOP manager? 

Chaos is beginning in Newcastle. 

Anyway im not the owners. Onus is on them to go and get a top man. 

Out of work manager failing in his last job and never having won anything and considered a bit of a joke in this country. I wouldn't say so no.

Archived