Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fantastic :doh:  Rudkin and Puel a match mad in heaven. :doh::doh: 

Now I don't claim to know how good (or bad) Les Reed is, but reading stuff on here, reading bits he's said he seems to be a decent bloke doing a decent job and you only have to look at Southampton in recent years with their recruitment.

...and Puel failed with him...we have Rudkin...he's got no chance. :doh: 

He did a brilliant job of steadying the ship after Pochettino left -Mané, Bertrand, Alderweireld (loan), Pelle and Tadic were inspired.

But since then it’s been much more hit and miss: yes Van Dijk, Romeu and to some extent Cedric; but on the other hand, Clasie, Hojbjerg, Austin, Boufal, Juanmi, Redmond, Martina etc. Which is normal: statistically, the success rate for transfers isn’t particularly high. Ideally you use the transfer market to strengthen the squad at the margins, not to repeatedly overhaul it which is what we’ve done, mostly out of necessity but some choice, until this summer.

30 minutes ago, ALWAYS_SFC said:

Nothing to do with him: Wanyama had downed tools the previous season and was entering his final year; Mané had outgrown the club and it was open knowledge he was off; and we didn’t offer Pelle a new contract because of his age and we had signed Austin as his replacement that January.

We bought our own hype that we can buy low and sell high and constantly replace players through the transfer market without a drop off in quality. It’s partly caught up with us and Puel and Pellegrino are now dealing with the consequences.

He speaks in tongues about ‘interesting possibilities’ and I can see him riling up some of the English lads. But others will definitely respond to him and he’s actually pretty animated on the training ground. 

Thanks for that insight .. think most  fans from other clubs have a bit of admiration ( and sympathy with players lost ) for the Saints .. good football and  amazing recruitment over the years.

People seem to forget that arguably the two best British players who have played since the Premier League started ... Bale and Shearer started their careers at Southampton.

49 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I have to say that looking at the stats, and the feedback from Southampton fans, this sounds like a fvcking stupid decision 

Based on his previous employment, so did the Ranieri appointment... I'm sure if we had spoken to any fans of the greek national team they would of slaughtered him...

50 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I have to say that looking at the stats, and the feedback from Southampton fans, this sounds like a fvcking stupid decision 

Don't sit on the fence:ph34r:

57 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not being funny but how would it be reported in Ireland first as a credible source? Like when foreign newspapers were saying in the summer Mahrez to Rome was done for £27 million

To be sure to be sure.

think puel will be a major mistake  the team spirit will be broken that won us the premier apparently the southampton players hated him the way they played and his man mangement  he has no chrisma makes excuses like wenger what a crap appointment if he gets the job there again suppose he fits that twat rudkin profile

9 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I can't believe that Puel is the best we can come up with :( surely Dyche would have been a far better proposition.

I don't think some of the people upstairs at the club can remember the crap football Southampton was playing under him.

ZZzzzzzzzz:scarf:

Dyche plays exactly the same way.

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Did you not watch us last night? Our football was alright. Actually pretty good. 

That's because we had a defense that wasn't afraid of the ball......once we go back to the norm the ball will be flying all over the pitch again.....just saying

I'm willing to forgive a few failings early on if the intentions are good.

People will accept mistakes and dropped points, but they won't stand for negativity.

If the football is boring it's going to be tough for him.

Archived