Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

What about the seasons you left out?

First year in charge of Monaco (best in his career with 69), last year at Nice - 58 and 2nd season at Lyon - 64 the standouts from a positive view.

His average is 45 goals per year (17 seasons). 

This looks a REALLY shit appointment to me based on last season.

Let’s put to one side the fact

that he was sacked for his boring style of football last season (which should be taken into account as it’s a style that doesn’t suit our team for certain.)

Our players only tried in the PL for maximum four months out the ten last year.

Despite this we had the same number of wins and scored more goals than Southampton did during the term.

The wrongly ruled out Vardy goal in the last home game against Bournemouth would have put is in 8th position and not them.

How and why is this bloke getting shoo’d in on that basis?

As has been said elsewhere by Babylon the wording being used is now Head Coach not manager, a position that answers to..... 

you gussed it the D of F.

Finally I don’t see this guy’s reported personality working with these players whatsoever.

When this bloke goes Rudkin has to go with him.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This looks a REALLY shit appointment to me based on last season.

Let’s put one side the fact

that he was sacked for his boring style of football last season (which should be taken into account as it’s a style that doesn’t suit our team for certain.)

Our players only tried in the PL for maximum four months out the ten last year.

Despite this we had the same number of wins and scored more goals than Southampton did during the term.

The wrongly ruled out Vardy goal in the last home game against Bournemouth would have put is in 8th position and not them.

How and why is this bloke getting shoo’d in on that basis?

As has been said elsewhere by Babylon the wording being used is now Head Coach not manager, a position that answers to..... 

you gussed it the D of F.

Finally I don’t see this guy’s reported personality working with these players whatsoever.

When this bloke goes Rudkin has to go with him.

you'd be happy with puel then.

2 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Saints fans are quite possibly the nicest, most polite and well mannered fans in England.

When we get relegated, I might start following them instead :D

18 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

First year in charge of Monaco (best in his career with 69), last year at Nice - 58 and 2nd season at Lyon - 64 the standouts from a positive view.

That's not a good average...

It'd be tough for him.

The club is on a roll in the League Cup, if he knocks us out - fans will probably turn on him.

But if we continue to progress in the cup, but aren't above 15th - fans will still probably turn on him, moaning about that he should prioritise the league before etc.

2 hours ago, Everygamefox said:

They sold... mane, Pelle and vards did van dijk in jan

8th is good 

46pts for Southampton is awful, the first time they've got few points than the preceding season since they got promotion

The fact it got them to 8th that year is irrelevant

Oh, they sold some players... they always do & have grown every year by signing & promoting new ones. Puel failed in that

If his attitude, negativity & all round dour nature is repeated we WILL lose players we want to keep that will let us grow

I may regret this but Puel or Pardew, Coleman, Giggs etc .............. I go for the Frenchman

My preferred choices don't want it, so let the guy give it a go

As for negative references about being boring, a couple of top 10 seasons and I'll take that.

Maybe, even a Cup Final    :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

Absolutely awful then

We got 48 goals last season & had Ranieri playing utter crap with no player knowing what they were doing for 3qtrs of the season & Mahrez/Vardy passing to each other about once

This has got Peter Taylor outcomes written all over it... But so did Ranieri in 15/16

Don't mind this appointment really. Hard to say how he'll do for us as his record is a mixed bag. Have we ever appointed a league winning manager before?

Some ludicrous overreactions on here, quelle surprise. Him or the likes of Coleman? It's a no-brainer.

Out of interest, I checked our goals scored in the prem (all time) and we've got 528 in 431 games, which works out at an average of about 1.22 per game and 46.5 in a 38 game season, which is about where Puel's average sits. Here's hoping our glut of attacking options will see both those averages rise a bit!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and my full support :scarf:

5 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Now reported to be holding out to see what Everton have to offer.

l say let them have him, no proven track record in English football, and I won't loose any sleep if he picks them over us.

lol 

its a done deal its only the i’s and T’s to be finalised 

Appleton is the only issue and that will be sorted tonight 

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

l say let them have him, no proven track record in English football, and I won't loose any sleep if he picks them over us.

What really? Where did you read this. ? 

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

I wouldn't take too much notice of that sport witness garbage!!

Not gonna slag him off before I’ve gave him a chance but I’m not keen and abit pissed off about it. 

I’m uninspired and underwhelmed.

But the last time I was unhappy with a managerial appointment we went and won the league - the following season he did what I thought he would and the reason I was unhappy about his appointment though.

Well, I think we’ll be looking for another manager within 8 to 12 months. 

I think i’d rather have kept Shakespeare - who we’ve just sacked for being uninspiring, boring and defensive, so why are we replacing someone his equal or keep Appleton for now, atleast Appleton has shown some attack intent.

Archived