Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Manuel Pellegrini

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

That picture of Top and Rudkin needs a caption competition. 

458B182900000578-5004611-image-a-32_1508

Top- I sprinkled ricin in your drink.

JR- lolz so funny Top

Top- I'm not joking, rot in hell.

JR- Awwww thanks babes 

Top- PS your wife looks like Ian Dowie in drag.

Wtf has Robbie Williams done to his hair.

10 hours ago, Solihullfox said:

Ok agree they are an odd bunch but what about when they meet Rudkin, Whelan , Oddjob and his Dad !

Bit like a choice between the bar scene in Star Wars and the Addams Family

With LCFC it's more like the bloody bar scene in Only Fools and Horses lol

On 22/10/2017 at 14:11, Costock_Fox said:

458B182900000578-5004611-image-a-32_1508

JR: So can we talk about my contract extension now Top?

Top: Ha ha! Funny guy. Not going to happen.

JR: Well, may I respectfully remind you that Bert mentioned your 'dirty laundry' on Foxestalk. I'd hate for that to become public knowledge.

Top: What? Tell the public about my obsession with sneaking pre-op trannys into the director's box during every home game? They'll never believe you John.

JR: Err.....I think they might.

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

My only reservation is his age, I would have thought we would be looking long term! 

I think it's abundantly clear since moving Pearson on that our hires are for the here and now. They've probably based it on the likes of Chelsea who have done well with the constant churn. I'd personally like us to take a punt on a younger, long term option but what do I know ;).

On 20/10/2017 at 21:21, Finnegan said:

I'm sure it's been said already but it's important to remember the man had five or so great years at Villareal and three at Malaga in recent times, both clubs in positions and statures not far from us and in both cases he took them forward and earned moves upwards. 

He's no mug, I'd love him here. 

That for me is a lot more important than what he did at Man City and that's why I think it sounds like a decent appointment if it happens.

Get him in before West Ham and Everton sack their managers!

- Speaks English / knows the English game

- Won the Premier League with Man City
- Managed Real Madrid
- Took Villareal to the semi finals of the Champions League
- Got Malaga into the Champions League where they had the best start ever for a debut team (until Leicester:) )
- Manager of the mighty Hebei China Fortune :ph34r:

On 22/10/2017 at 10:06, indierich06 said:

Not for me. Think we need a more long term appointment - young, hungry manager with something to prove - not someone on the verge or retirement whose best days are behind them. 

Succession planning anyone? Remember when we had an old manager, with an Italian name, and a good second in command? Get a good old un in, so we can keep 'appy'.

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Succession planning anyone? Remember when we had an old manager, with an Italian name, and a good second in command? Get a good old un in, so we can keep 'appy'.

Nah, not convinced. Best case scenario, he's with us two or three seasons if he doesn't get sacked - think we should be thinking more long term than that. And unlike Claudio, he hasn't really got anything to prove - he just went to China for a payday after doing a good job with Man City. How motivated is he going to be to come here and do a good job? Convinced he would just see us as another payday.

6 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Nah, not convinced. Best case scenario, he's with us two or three seasons if he doesn't get sacked - think we should be thinking more long term than that. And unlike Claudio, he hasn't really got anything to prove - he just went to China for a payday after doing a good job with Man City. How motivated is he going to be to come here and do a good job? Convinced he would just see us as another payday.

My thoughts now ...  we need someone long term not using us as a springboard or an easy ticket till they put their carpet slippers on ....    

Seems that Mr Pellegrini is the top contender for the Leicester job if the papers and Bookies are to be believed, if so we need to get this signed sealed and delivered ASAP but knowing our recent form Everton will probably beat us to his signature by 14 seconds !!??

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will be tough to get him now with Everton looking for a new boss. 

Think Appleton might be in charge for a while. 

I get why people.think that, but the reality is, these decisions are quite a bit about how many chefs are already in the kitchen. Everton just spent a ton of cash. They may have strong personalities in the back office and investors who want a say in things. We can offer stacks of cash for transfers and a talented team on paper plus autonomy. I can see us being more appealing to managers, it just depends what the manager values.

Archived