Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The media overreaction on Puel - we are still ruffling some feathers

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

**** the media and anyone else who wants to slag us off. This is our club not theirs. They can go **** themselves. None of those who comment are relevant.

If you really believe that you are SO naive. It all matters in the long run.

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

This has been bugging me for a while but can anyone explain the obsession with British? Why is a Scot, a Welshman, an Irishman of more relevance to us than a Frenchman or Italian? If David Moyes or Chris Coleman were appointed instead, would it make it much better?

In football, we are English and that is it. There is no British. In footballing terms, everyone outside of England is foreign. Having seven Scots is no different than four Spaniards and three from South America- they are all stopping an English player potentially playing.

Thankfully, most people do not care where somebody comes from. If Claude Puel fails, it will be because of his tactics, his man management, his set-up and ultimately his results. It won't be because he's French, doesn't know the league or any such bollocks.

Seriously, these blinkered pundits can **** off. The game exists outside this country and we're trying to do the best for our club. This is the worst part of punditry for me- judging a man on where he's from and not his record. If a useless duffer like Tim Sherwood was appointed they'd be delighted which says it all.

Pillocks, the lot of them.

Because they know deep down that most British managers are crap and it’s just a lame attempt at saying ‘look at this, a British manager managing in the premier league, he must be good’. It’s just an inferiority complex. It’s a British league and they think the managers should be British. All the best players in the premier league are foreign and all the best managers are foreign. And deep down that annoys the press that the so called best league in the world is largely based on foreigners. Which is why when England get to a World Cup we stink out the joint because we haven’t got the foreign club players making them look better than they are.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Only at Leicester could we go from being the darlings of the football world, to become a laughing stock..in less than two seasons.

You couldn't make it up. We were in such an amazing position, loved by the media, by football at large..to really being disliked now by many, it would seem.

Truthfully I prefer the latter again! 

Infact I love it:scarf:

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Only at Leicester could we go from being the darlings of the football world, to become a laughing stock..in less than two seasons.

You couldn't make it up. We were in such an amazing position, loved by the media, by football at large..to really being disliked now by many, it would seem.

Why the hell would any Leicester fan care what anyone else thinks? That post makes you sound like you're still in high school caring about uour popularity ffs. lol

Neutral fans just had emotional attachment to Ranieri because he was a media darling, they had no emotional attachment to the club, the players, the owners and the backroom staff who built this club since Nigel Pearson revolutionised it into an incredibly professionally and well run football club back in 2008?

1 hour ago, Koke said:

**** me lol

Dear George,

Nobody gives a fvck what you think and haven't for a decade.

Stick to what you're good at. Antisemitism allegedly.

Kind regards,

Leicester fans

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Richard Keys should never have been allowed to return to media.

I am surprised he has the time to tweet anything in between poking his daughter’s friend........Lucky git

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

This has been bugging me for a while but can anyone explain the obsession with British? Why is a Scot, a Welshman, an Irishman of more relevance to us than a Frenchman or Italian? If David Moyes or Chris Coleman were appointed instead, would it make it much better?

In football, we are English and that is it. There is no British. In footballing terms, everyone outside of England is foreign. Having seven Scots is no different than four Spaniards and three from South America- they are all stopping an English player potentially playing.

Thankfully, most people do not care where somebody comes from. If Claude Puel fails, it will be because of his tactics, his man management, his set-up and ultimately his results. It won't be because he's French, doesn't know the league or any such bollocks.

Seriously, these blinkered pundits can **** off. The game exists outside this country and we're trying to do the best for our club. This is the worst part of punditry for me- judging a man on where he's from and not his record. If a useless duffer like Tim Sherwood was appointed they'd be delighted which says it all.

Pillocks, the lot of them.

I find it funny how this kind of talk is only acceptable in football. Imagine saying British companies shouldn't be hiring Nigerian accountants or French directors. 

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Although we've made some bad decisions the media are hypocrites. They lapped up our success story and now ridicule us for everything we do. What they fail to grasp is the success story occurred because we are out of the ordinary, we don't adhere to the cliched bullshit in football and if we did we'd have fell just short and not won the title. This is why the media are irked we don't go back to having a small club mentality, it's piss funny.

Galloway has blocked me on twitter I've just realised, hahaha I wonder when and why?

Funny how last season the media slaughtered us for sacking a foreign manager and this season they’re slaughtering us for hiring one. I didn’t hear them complaining so loudly when the “Big 6” all appointed foreign managers, or protesting that 2 of the 3 promoted clubs had foreign managers or moaning that the latest “overachieving” media darlings Watford are tarnished by a foreign manager( and I don’t intend that as a slight on Watford who are playing really well). Personally don’t give a shit what most of the media say as a large proportion of them are just trying to attract an audience by being controversial and many of the rest are just uninformed. I’ll be here supporting my club long after they've all moved on to their next target . Don’t care what nationality our manager is as long as he’s the best man for the job. Is that Puel - who knows,but I’m definitely here for the ride!

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

I find it funny how this kind of talk is only acceptable in football. Imagine saying British companies shouldn't be hiring Nigerian accountants or French directors. 

It is outrageous. Imagine if you went into your workplace tomorrow and started shouting that the Brits should be employed and are overlooked for any old foreigner. You'd be hauled in front of management and your colleagues would probably be disgusted and ostracise you.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Although we've made some bad decisions the media are hypocrites. They lapped up our success story and now ridicule us for everything we do. What they fail to grasp is the success story occurred because we are out of the ordinary, we don't adhere to the cliched bullshit in football and if we did we'd have fell just short and not won the title. This is why the media are irked we don't go back to having a small club mentality, it's piss funny.

Galloway has blocked me on twitter I've just realised, hahaha I wonder when and why?

Yep. I often read it now. 

‘Just because Leicester won the league they now think there a big club they should be satisfied with survival’.

Nah I think we will try and reach those heights again thanks or come as close as possible.

The media want us back in our box and we are refusing 

I must say unfortunately from a British perspective foreign managers are better. Even in the champship sides are prefering foreign managers - wolves, norwich leeds etc. They benefit more postivily from foreign managers. Tactically they are miles better than the brits. Compare Shakespeare and wagner - both were no. 2s but that's it wagner is far better. Whatever you think of puel he is a better option than having Shakespeare. 

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Somehow winning the league has meant that every man and his dog actually think they're more informed about Leicester than any other run of the mill PL club, it's not true of course but it doesn't stop of all of the brain dead narratives coming out.

When has Dyche ever managed in a Champion's league semi-final, won a top flight or finished 8th in the league? Never. 

I can see Mediawatch on Football365 having a field day with all these Tweets.

Twitter is full of shit and full of shit opinions.

To all the wound-up non-Leicester football fans commenting on Puel's appointment:

What if... it's because English managers are generally and simply not very good at managing?

Howard Wilkinson at Leeds was 25 years ago! Which English manager last achieved something extraordinary in the Premier League?

:pearson:

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He blocks everyone on Twitter who doesn't idolise him. I remember asking him an awkward question about his views on consent when the Assange stuff was kicking off and I was blocked instantly. Bloke's a prize ****.

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It may be redundant, but just for you...

Fuck-the-Media-600x390.jpg

Fvcking cvnts like these wind me up every time, especially Richard Keys.

Why is being British an automatic qualification? They don't support our club so no doubt they'd love to see Giggseh get a chance and then give precisely zero fvcks when we get relegated by March.

Pr!cks the lot of them.

Interesting how Puel and Silva have both had one season in the Prem; One finished 8th and just lost in a LC final, the other got relegated.

Yet one is a bad foreigner, one is good?

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Wait til the Soccer Saturday lads comment on this lol We are also on Super Sunday so can't wait til Redknapp and his mates go off on us.

Jamie Redknapp as a pundit is about as relevant as San Marino in a World Cup qualifying group. 

Archived