Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The media overreaction on Puel - we are still ruffling some feathers

If Richard Keys, Mark Saggers, George Galloway and Michael Vaughan are moaning about us then we're finally doing something right. We just need Paul Merson for the full set. 

Seriously, what do they want from us? I think it's something like:

• Hire Ryan Giggs coz BRITISH and NEVER HAD A CHANCE
  • Get relegated
  • Sack Ryan Giggs
  • WHY ARE YOU SACKING HIM, WHAT DO LEICESTER EXPECT?!?!

It's exhausting looking at these braindead views. 

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

You could counter balance this with how many British managers are abroad doing well. The only 1 I can think of is potter in sweden and although hes done very well it would be a massive gamble giving him the job. It's like if a job come available in la liga or bundesliga you can't see the owners going well actually that bloke at Burnley done well we should get him. I don't see dyche even getting the everton job. 

Hope you are right about Dyche:) ..but he might do well in Italy where defenders who can grind out 1-0 wins are worshipped.

13 hours ago, Joefox said:

We didn’t hire a British manager because there isn’t any good ones available. Pretty simple really. What is it with people thinking our club owes something to football? We don’t. It’s like because we unexpectedly won the league we now have to repay our debt to football for the rest of our lives. 

Maybe we should have hired Giggs? I’m sure that would have made everyone happy.

There is a possibility Giggs will be a very good manager. Based n experience in the role, There is a high probability he will not. I just don't get why some media types seem to think he deserve a prem job

Just now, lancyclaret said:

Hope you are right about Dyche:) ..but he might do well in Italy where defenders who can grind out 1-0 wins are worshipped.

Don't get me wrong I do think dyche is a good manager. It was just the easiest example to use when looking at British managers. In general terms brits aren't looked at abroad. Or when they are they have a little success then fail (mcarlen). 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I'm not being funny but which English managers are actually openly available right now?

Tim Sherwood? Alan Pardew? Do me a favour 

Lets look at the options, we could try and poach Howe or Dyche or Hughton, long protracted negotiation and high amount of compensation for a manager to leave a club actually doing well.

What about English managers in the Championship:

Only half of the top 10 teams are managed by English managers, the highest placed being Warnock!??!?! followed by Wilder who has no experience in the PL, then Bruce, Lee Johnson, Gary Rowett, then out side the top 10 you have the likes of McCarthy, Warburton, Holloway, Grayson, Monk...

I wouldn't mind seeing Rowett or Wilder given a chance, but not mid season when we aren't doing great, Bruce has had some success in the PL, but not much, his best bet is to stay with Villa and get them promoted. Johnson I know nothing about 2 average spells at Oldham and Barnsley and a good start to his career at Bristol doesn't make him a PL manager.

Then you have Pardew, sitting around waiting to stink up another club, or Allardyce looking for one last pay off, despite having retired, who else? Adkins, McDermott?

It's not exactly and inspiring list.

30 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I absolutely fcuking love being hated. Like, more than Keegan would have loved it if United didn't win. What I particularly enjoy is being told that we are not significant by outsiders.

Right on!

51 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Lets look at the options, we could try and poach Howe or Dyche or Hughton, long protracted negotiation and high amount of compensation for a manager to leave a club actually doing well.

What about English managers in the Championship:

Only half of the top 10 teams are managed by English managers, the highest placed being Warnock!??!?! followed by Wilder who has no experience in the PL, then Bruce, Lee Johnson, Gary Rowett, then out side the top 10 you have the likes of McCarthy, Warburton, Holloway, Grayson, Monk...

I wouldn't mind seeing Rowett or Wilder given a chance, but not mid season when we aren't doing great, Bruce has had some success in the PL, but not much, his best bet is to stay with Villa and get them promoted. Johnson I know nothing about 2 average spells at Oldham and Barnsley and a good start to his career at Bristol doesn't make him a PL manager.

Then you have Pardew, sitting around waiting to stink up another club, or Allardyce looking for one last pay off, despite having retired, who else? Adkins, McDermott?

It's not exactly and inspiring list.

Yeah, but giggs wanted it, ideas above our station thinking a completely unproven in any division bloke isn't good enough etc.

More I think about Gormless George being annoyed by it, more I'm delighted by this appointment. 

The whole thing about "British" managers somehow having a divine right to get jobs is an absolute joke. Notice they had to broaden it to British as no "English" manager has ever won the PL period. Theres a reason they dont get the top jobs! 

Didn't hear a jot of praise for us when we gave Shakespeare the job. Facts are it's either the media dislike us as a club or they're only looking out for particular British managers to suit their own agenda. I reckon a bit of both.

22 hours ago, Koke said:

**** me lol

I ****ing hate George Galloway anyway. The ****ing moron. Carry on dressing like Elvis Costello and being a monsterous arsehole in politics as oppose to commenting on things you know nothing about you tit. In fact I am going tweet this to him...

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Didn't hear a jot of praise for us when we gave Shakespeare the job. Facts are it's either the media dislike us as a club or they're only looking out for particular British managers to suit their own agenda. I reckon a bit of both.

We committed the ultimate betrayal in sacking Ranieri (a man they adored so much they fell over each other to lead the mocking and had him as the first manager sacked) so anything we do now will be heavily criticised.

15 hours ago, chrisfox said:

Did Watford get all this "English Managers" nonsense when they appointed Silva,

Watford recent managers from Dyce to present

Sean Dyche
Gianfranco Zola
Giuseppe Sannino
Óscar García Junyent
Billy McKinlay
Slaviša Jokanović
Quique Sánchez Flores
Walter Mazzarri
Marco Silva

not alot of English talent there

Forgot Dyche managed Watford.

Here's a fun fact: since their last full time English manager Watford have twice as many foreign managers as we've ever had.

Archived