Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The media overreaction on Puel - we are still ruffling some feathers

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:17, Col city fan said:

If you really believe that you are SO naive. It all matters in the long run.

Who the hell are you to call me naïve for giving my thoughts on the matter?

Do I really give a shit what people like George Galloway or Michael Vaughan think about us appointing a foreign manager? To me, their opinions are irrelevant.  If you think they are relevant then that's fine but don't call me naïve.

Personally I'd like to have had a British manager. I'd also love a team full of players born in Leicester but unfortunately that won't happen either. I take exception to the media picking us out for employing a foreign manager when majority of the league has a foreign manager. Watford being a perfect example.

23 minutes ago, dedlock said:

All a bit hypocritical. I don’t know who Galloway supports but doesn’t Vaughan support Sheffield Wednesday........who have a foreign manager! A case of those who live in glass houses not throwing stones.

The irony is that this is the same Michael Vaughan who was captain  of an England cricket team that included players who most definitely weren’t British let alone English such as KP? Did he complain then about the avenues that were closed off to home grown talent? 

9 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Why should we have to be the ones giving inexperienced English managers a chance for a bigger club to poach if they do a good job. Let one of the bigger clubs take the risk for once.

exactly, any English manager that does well this season will be instanly linked with the England job after we get knocked out at the group stage of the world cup.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm talking proper though, last full-time British manager, got to be early 90s surely?

Just checked - Bobbi Campbell, until 1991.

Edit: didn't initially see Glenn Hoddle managing them from 1993-1996, so Glenn.

lol 

Hoddel was appointed by Chelsea in 1993, we've given about 14 British Coaches a chance in the time since that appointment, to their zero, despite numerous managerial shake ups. 

jeezus. 

EDIT: Ha reading up seems I'm not the first person to notice it either lol 

We had all this crap going on when we apointed Claudio

So whats the problem, negative stuff shouldn't bother us

What really matters is what happens on the pitch and results

Let's just give the guy a chance to prove the doubters wrong

I hope it works out for both parties............... I really do   :thumbup:

On 10/25/2017 at 21:13, norwichfox said:

Osman on 5 live...he's right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05kz802

I thought the ambition of the club was to win the league every year? 

These pundits make this shit up as the go along. The owners expect top four/ title challenges but now where is the ambition? They've also got lots of money to spend but have taken the cheap option in Puel.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

I thought the ambition of the club was to win the league every year? 

These pundits make this shit up as the go along. The owners expect top four/ title challenges but now where is the ambition? They've also got lots of money to spend but have taken the cheap option in Puel.

How do you know he's cheap ?? Would they have offered Dyche many more pound notes ??

I really don't get this negativity. Take away the opinions of some Southampton fans during the remaining few months of last season and I don't think we'd be hearing any of this stuff.

The media love to bait the low working class club . While supporting the elite . Life as we know it on our planet. How we were allowed to win the league I will never know. But we know our place now . Hold on power toooo the people puel gonna rip them a new hole . ?

So the dickhead dire-by can has been laughing because he has been reading his Southampton stats about Puel and saying he wouldn't even have him at Derby! 

Never mind puels excellent record everywhere else then ? people are really getting sucked into the media.

Hope he proves everyone wrong, I'm very optimistic about this appointment! 

Last season we gave an Englishman with no managerial experience the reigns to a club in the Champions league knockout stages. 

Even ignoring the fact that all these journalists are chatting sh*t, I think that more than makes up for the fact that this time we've opted for someone foreign who's worked in the league before. How many English options (who are available) with the same credentials are demonstrably better options than Puel?? Pretty much zero. 

The stupid thing is that if we'd brought someone like Tuchel/Ancelotti in, it would be regarded as a coup and noone would think to question his nationality. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Last season we gave an Englishman with no managerial experience the reigns to a club in the Champions league knockout stages. 

Even ignoring the fact that all these journalists are chatting sh*t, I think that more than makes up for the fact that this time we've opted for someone foreign who's worked in the league before. How many English options (who are available) with the same credentials are demonstrably better options than Puel?? Pretty much zero. 

The stupid thing is that if we'd brought someone like Tuchel/Ancelotti in, it would be regarded as a coup and noone would think to question his nationality. 

Absolutely...but this can be expected if you employ a Frenchman......it's a local thing that's been going on for a few hundred years.

Stan Collymore: Why Leicester City’s appointment of Claude Puel baffled, saddened and angered me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stan-collymore-leicester-citys-appointment-11428829

Can't be arses to copy and paste same old bollocks.

Archived