Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The media overreaction on Puel - we are still ruffling some feathers

59 minutes ago, Corky said:

I can see Mediawatch on Football365 having a field day with all these Tweets.

Definitely, some talksport perineum said we should have appointed Karl Robinson and hopefully they’ll tear him to pieces.

There’s an arrogance in English football media circles when it comes to individuals ‘failing’ in England, it’s as though if you aren’t mustard in England - that’s it you’re a nobody to be cast off and forgotten about. It’s happened with Puel (even though he didn’t fail here at all), Salah, De Bruyne and others. 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Typical attitude from the British press though ain't it? 

Build em up - then knock em down!

We were everyone's favorite second team not long ago and the whole world fell in love with our fairy-tale.

Now we're getting the shitty end of the stick.

Oh the Ying and the Yang of it all ... :)

That's it exactly. The only thing the British press love more than a fairytale success story is to knock it down and savour every movement of its' demise. 

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I can't help feeling that some of you care far too much what the media think.

Absolutely. A guy who looks like a well-to-do chimp with a Rolex, the ex-England cricket captain whose own team is owned by Chinese and managed by a Portuguese and a deranged anti-semite.....who gives a ****? Seems once you lose your main job, talking absolute shite on social media is a good way of making sure people don't forget you ever existed.

Why do people all of a sudden give a shit where the manager's from? This is properly bizarre. When Pep got the job at Man City I don't remember pundits from all over the place saying the job should have gone to Paul Ince or whatever. Why is this now a thing?

At least they haven't noticed Puel is a white man yet...

The pundits don't like Leicester because they are a threat. Pundits are all from top-four clubs and don't want to see another club emerge as a regular title contender. It was OK when it was a fairy tale, but now Leicester are showing the ruthless winning mentality of a top side, and have the fame and cash to be a threat. The pundits aren't angry. They are scared.

5 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Damn right. Watching him and Andy Gray doing the low rent coverage on Bein Sports the other day caused a little bit of sick to form in my mouth. 

You are lucky. I was projectile vomiting. :(

do find it funny that they are commenting and such, saying about British coaches etc, would they be saying the same tripe when Chelsea or say Man Utd are looking for a manager, I highly doubt it,

just more hypocritical comments from pundits who dont know or support our club, 

Be great to see Everton slip Ancellotti or Pellegrini into the role, that isn't going to happen.....but then following Osmans theme Unsworth will obviously get the job.....Unsworth Royle and Ferguson is like us appointing Walshy, Youngy and Frank Worthington.....there's a sensible option.....

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Although we've made some bad decisions the media are hypocrites. They lapped up our success story and now ridicule us for everything we do. What they fail to grasp is the success story occurred because we are out of the ordinary, we don't adhere to the cliched bullshit in football and if we did we'd have fell just short and not won the title. This is why the media are irked we don't go back to having a small club mentality, it's piss funny.

Galloway has blocked me on twitter I've just realised, hahaha I wonder when and why?

As bilo says, he blocks everyone who isn't a sycophant - I got blocked after a hustings where he gave out his mobile number and address, and I jokingly compared him to iron man (the scene in iron man 3 where he gives his home address to a terrorist). My other half got blocked for tweeting a picture of herself stood in front of his campaign bus wearing cat ears. Mate of mine got blocked for laughing at his fedora. Gormless George has incredibly thin skin.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

As bilo says, he blocks everyone who isn't a sycophant - I got blocked after a hustings where he gave out his mobile number and address, and I jokingly compared him to iron man (the scene in iron man 3 where he gives his home address to a terrorist). My other half got blocked for tweeting a picture of herself stood in front of his campaign bus wearing cat ears. Mate of mine got blocked for laughing at his fedora. Gormless George has incredibly thin skin.

I'm astounded he has enormous th time to go through blocking everyone!!

I bet Richard Keys didn't say the same when Mourinho got appointed at Man Utd. I bet he didn't say it when Conte got appointed at Chelsea. I bet he didn't say it Watford keep appointing foreign mangers. I could go on. The fact is that there isn't any good "British Managers" coming through. People like Giggs, Neville, Keane want the big jobs too soon because they have a good playing reputation, but struggle as they haven't got the experience and get the sack. As such no one wants to employ them. Maybe the coaching of bringing 'british managers' is wrong, or maybe this proves that British players stereotypes of being a little dim is true. 

Has there been a single positive remark from the media about this? Why do they never learn? They've written our team talks for the foreseable future, it's all we have left now is to make these prats look clueless. 

This is why a series s short term managers might work for us, it keeps us determined to prove people wrong.

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

I can't help feeling that some of you care far too much what the media think.

Personally, I don't give a flying shite what the media think. But to think that it doesn't matter, is naive in the extreme.

We are now seen as a club that sacks its manager at the drop of a hat. Do you not think if Puel starts badly, the vultures will be circling almost immediately, especially because he has already failed at another Premiership club? He and we will now be afforded no time whatsoever to turn things around and the media will turn the screw a little tighter after each loss.

Anyone who considers that the media/pundits/fans don't have a bearing on how a manager and a club behaves, just look at how bonkers Pearson became under stress. Somehow, he had the strength to still motivate his squad to perform the great escape. I'm not sure Puel would have this motivating persona and, let's have it right, even some parts of this forum are wanting to dismiss him as a viable option already.

We can all give it the big un and state that the world of football can say what it wants and do what it wants....'we don't fookin care, we're Lester'... 

But what the media think, say and write DOES matter. When we won the league under Ranners, we were adored by all. Do you think the likes of Vardy wasn't encouraged by his own hype and was on the crest of a wave throughout? He must have been positively champing at the bit for the next game to come round. Ranieri did exactly the right stuff when he came out with 'dilly ding' and stating that avoiding relegation was the target for the club.

The point I was making is that the club, since winning the title, far from consolidating ourselves as a strong side that plays attractive football, has pretty much played into the hands of those who would sharpen their knives and stab us in the back. I believe the club hasn't been run at all we'll ever since. We have critics everywhere due to the sacking of two popular figures in the footballing world and even our own fans are pretty much constantly bickering about managers, formations, signings and of course, Jon Rudkin. So much so, we've even got plonkers making banners about him to hold up at football matches.

It all matters. We have gone from the epitome of how to run a football club to that of how not to run a football club in less than two seasons. 

Puel better start well. A few losses before Christmas and he could be the next fall guy.

Archived