Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-0 Everton - Vote Now

Claude Puel   7/10 - Second half was a snooze-fest, clearly instructed the players to just defend. I can't blame him, but I'm starting to understand where the remarks of  "negative football"   are coming from.       

Kasper Schmeichel   6                       
Danny Simpson  7                                       
Wes Morgan  7                                       
Harry Maguire  7                          
Christian Fuchs 7                                            
Ben Chilwell 7                                            
Vincente Iborra 8                                            
Wilfred Ndidi 7                                            
Demarai Gray 8.5                                           
Riyad Mahrez  7.5                                          
Jamie Vardy  7.5                                          

Claude Puel (7) made some changes in the starting lineup and formation, but the biggest change in the first half was in approach there was an intensity that had been missing under CS but coupled with a new found ability to keep the ball and pass it. I don't think the substitutions worked and none of them could really impact the game and the pragmatic approach to the second half prevented a higher score.

MOTM was clearly Gray (9) unplayable first half, and that run for the first goal was just amazing setting up Mahrez (6) for an inch perfect first time ball to the ever running Vardy (7) to smash home, more like that please. The other change, Chilwell (6) didn't have as much impact, lots of running but he did seem like a full back playing too far forwards and wasn't as comfortable on the ball and didn't seem to have a good understanding with Fuchs (5). They were caught out a few times first half and Mariner (6) inexplicably didn't award a blatant penalty against Fuchs. CP has to decide if he is willing to go with youth or experience at LB. Simpson (6) on the other side actually went forwards in the first half and we had numbers and options in every attack. Reverted to type second half, he had a solid game but still a position CP will see as an area for improvement. In the middle Maguire (7) and Morgan (7) repelled everything Everton (3) had to throw at them soaked up all the pressure and what little they didn't Kasper (7) claimed well. With Iborra (7) screening the back 4 and Ndidi (6) breaking up attacks higher up Everton never looked like scoring.

Lots for CP to think about especially the approach to the second half, but so many positives that will get everyone on side at least until next week.

Gray will get all the attention here for an outstanding performance, and rightly so for his best 90 minutes as a Fox.

However, Wes Morgan I thoughtful was the motm, immense in everything he did. Especially with Maguire looking a little shaky and losing possession in dangerous areas.

9s for them both.

Schmeichel 5 - kicking was all over the shop.

Simpson 5 - stuck out like a sore thumb as we tried to pass it in the first half. Otherwise fine.

Morgan 7

Maguire 7

Fuchs 4 - Looks by far our weakest link at the moment.

Ndidi 7 - Great out of possession, less good ok the ball.

Iborra 7

Gray 8

Mahrez 7

Chilwell 7

Vardy 7

Kasper - 6- Poor distribution and very hesitant with crosses.

Simpson - 7 - Solid, reliable.

Wes - 7 - Couple of shaky moments in possession but he's such a smart defender.

Harry - 7 - Could be one of our greatest ever signings.

Fuchs - 5 - Kept hoofing it and seems to be too hesitant with tackles. There was a time when he'd put every right winger in the stands.

Ndidi - 8 - Supreme in the first half but dropped off in the second. His best game of the season.

Iborra - 7 - So classy. Can't wait to see him and Ndidi with Silva.

Gray - 9 - 10 in the first half but quieter in the second. Awesome run for the goal and looked a constant threat. MOTM

Mahrez - 8 - Looking like that 50m player again.

Chilwell - 7 - One of the few that improved in the second half. Lad has the world at his feet.

Vardy - 8 - Chuffed to see him scoring again, ran his nads off.

Kasper Schmeichel   6                       
Danny Simpson  7                                      
Wes Morgan  8.5 Blocked absolutely everything.                                        
Harry Maguire   Some dangerous balls conceded.                      
Christian Fuchs 4.5 Past his best so it seems.                                         
Ben Chilwell 6 Not used to play as winger, made questionable choices and lost the ball a lot. Classic. i still in him great potential and Puel seems to have the same opinion.                                              
Vincente Iborra 6.5 Some class touches but also some passes to nowhere. Still solid performance.                              
Wilfred Ndidi 7 He was everywhere..                                          
Demarai Gray 9 MOTM Outstanding tonight.                                      
Riyad Mahrez  7.5  Great first time assist but was a bit frail in the 10 role. Curious to see how Puel is going to manage him.                                      
Jamie Vardy  8  Classy finish, ran his socks off.                        

Subs:

Shinji 6

Albrighton 6

Nacho N/A             

Puel 8 Very brave line-up and formation. Didn't hesitate to make a statement in the very first game. The team did well for a first formation change since forever. Chucked for him. 

Everton 4.5 Poor side when you consider how much they spent.

Kasper  7  good shot stopping but kicking less so

Simpson  7 Solid defensively

Maguire 7  Dealt well with what Everton threw at us in the 2nd half

Morgan  9  Block after block...and even saw him verbally marshalling the back line

Fuchs  6  Better 2nd half but should have conceded a penalty..v.fortunate

Chilwell  7 Starting to look stronger physically

Iborra   7  Solid , shame he couldnt finish that chance late on

Ndidi   6   Got around the pitch well but often gives the ball away too easily and puts us back under pressure

Gray   8    V.impressed with his defending late on .  some great runs,just wish he would look up at the end of some of them

Mahrez  7  Even when he doesnt get out of 2nd gear he still looks good

Vardy  7  Tireless  (as usual)..Set up an excellent chance for Iborra late on 

Puel  7 Dont know it was his decision alone to bring Gray and Chilwell in but fair play to him

Kasper Schmeichel     6               Not happy with the punching when he could catch                  
Danny Simpson          8                As normal solid                           
Wes Morgan               8               By far our best asset in defence                      
Harry Maguire             6                Not sure about some of his decision making            
Christian Fuchs          7                I was going to mark him ten just to pee people off, did what he was asked to do defend                               
Ben Chilwell                8                Gets better everytime I see him                          
Vincente Iborra           8                See another great asset for us this year.......... Danny Who ?                              
Wilfred Ndidi               8                 People forget he's just a kid learning his trade......... Ngolo Who ?                        
Demarai Gray             8               Just for that goal                         
Riyad Mahrez             8               Just for that goal                         
Jamie Vardy               8                Just for that goal

When I write for that goal, I mean Vardy's

And let's not going looking for scapegoats.......... Fuchs was part of a defence that didn't concede a goal

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Gray was great.

Iborra was good.

the rest were average

Simpson was below average

Fuchs was poor.

I know it's all opinions but I'm scratching my head as to how you could think Morgan was average. He made block after block and was always in the right place at the right time every time Everton went forward. Thought it was an absolutely outstanding defensive performance personally, the best I've seen from a Leicester defender all season.

Kasper 5 - awful distribution.

Simpson - 6 good defender, liability with ball at feet

Morgan - 8 good in both penalty areas

Maguire - 6 gave the ball away in dangerous areas.

Chilwell - 6 bundle of energy. Steady performance.

Ndidi - 7 got stuck in as usual. Still got issues with his passing

Iborra - 8 love the guys desire. Made 2 great lung bursting runs box to box.

Gray - 9 Showed the talent some of us knew he possessed.

Mahrez -6 Still don't see him as a CAM more a winger. 

Vardy - 7 Great goal and never gives defenders a second to think.

Puel - 8 Balls of steel to change our formation and play 2 youngsters.

Subs - 6 did nothing of note.

Everton - 4 Poor.

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Kasper Schmeichel   6                       
Danny Simpson  7                                      
Wes Morgan  8.5 Blocked absolutely everything.                                        
Harry Maguire   Some dangerous balls conceded.                      
Christian Fuchs 4.5 Past his best so it seems.                                         
Ben Chilwell 6 Not used to play as winger, made questionable choices and lost the ball a lot. Classic. i still in him great potential and Puel seems to have the same opinion.                                              
Vincente Iborra 6.5 Some class touches but also some passes to nowhere. Still solid performance.                              
Wilfred Ndidi 7 He was everywhere..                                          
Demarai Gray 9 MOTM Outstanding tonight.                                      
Riyad Mahrez  7.5  Great first time assist but was a bit frail in the 10 role. Curious to see how Puel is going to manage him.                                      
Jamie Vardy  8  Classy finish, ran his socks off.                        

Subs:

Shinji 6

Albrighton 6

Nacho N/A             

Puel 8 Very brave line-up and formation. Didn't hesitate to make a statement in the very first game. The team did well for a first formation change since forever. Chucked for him. 

Everton 4.5 Poor side when you consider how much they spent.

I agree with all that ZG !

I thought Simpson was absolutely immense today. He's so underrated. Every back post ball and he gets his head to it. No nonsense, reliable, completely 'sealed off' that right side today.

Kasper - 7 - could he have caught couple of those punches? However, it's a clean sheet

Simpson - 8

Morgan - 8 - when he beats 2 players in an advance role in the first half ?

Maguire - 7

Fuchs - 6 - shakey, seems more dependant on his left foot today for some reason

Gray - 9

Ndidi - 8 - also few scary moments but he makes up for it and covers so much ground!

Iborra - 8 - some loose passes but so good on the ball most the time! He's clearly a great replacement for Drinky, albeit...different. See so much of Cambiaso in him.

Chillwell - 7 - thought he did really well in an unfamiliar role. 

Mahrez - 7 - not much from him but the first time pass for Vardys goal was class. Absolute class.

Vardy - 7

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Gray will get all the attention here for an outstanding performance, and rightly so for his best 90 minutes as a Fox.

However, Wes Morgan I thoughtful was the motm, immense in everything he did. Especially with Maguire looking a little shaky and losing possession in dangerous areas.

9s for them both.

I really liked the 4231 formation with fullbacks pushing forward, but as a result both Fuchs and Simpson struggled to get back in time. 

I think Maguire pulled up with a bit of a twinge (? hamstring) fairly early on, so didn't want to overstretch afterwards. 

Good subs that took the pressure off and finally we saw both Mahrez and Gray both playing well. Iborra looks commanding, and Ndidi couples well with him, tucking back to defend when the fullbacks are forward. 

Everton looked poor. Puel looks promising. I can take this sort of boring comfortable win. Man City next home match looks challenging, so if he gets a result there, I will be happy indeed. 

2 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Kasper  7  good shot stopping but kicking less so

Simpson  7 Solid defensively

Maguire 7  Dealt well with what Everton threw at us in the 2nd half

Morgan  9  Block after block...and even saw him verbally marshalling the back line

Fuchs  6  Better 2nd half but should have conceded a penalty..v.fortunate

Chilwell  7 Starting to look stronger physically

Iborra   7  Solid , shame he couldnt finish that chance late on

Ndidi   6   Got around the pitch well but often gives the ball away too easily and puts us back under pressure

Gray   8    V.impressed with his defending late on .  some great runs,just wish he would look up at the end of some of them

Mahrez  7  Even when he doesnt get out of 2nd gear he still looks good

Vardy  7  Tireless  (as usual)..Set up an excellent chance for Iborra late on 

Puel  7 Dont know it was his decision alone to bring Gray and Chilwell in but fair play to him

I wouldn't argue too much with that. Think Schmeichel was also poor at corners opting to punch (poorly) at times rather than catch it. Agree with your Ndidi assessment although my concern is his tendency to allow things to happen. The guy is young, a brilliant prospect who puts in a shift and will improve immensely. But he gets lost at times and follows the ball rather than anticipating what will happen to snuff out danger. 

Schmeichel(6) - Didn't have to do much but his kicking at times was poor.

Simpson(7) - Got beat a few times but fairly solid, commanded the back post well as usual.

Morgan(10) - The perfect defensive performance, beast.

Maguire(7) - Not at his best but didn't make any stand out mistakes.

Fuchs(6) - A weak link at times but improved as the game went on.

Chilwell(7) - Overplayed at times but overall he put in a good shift.

Iborra(8) - He oozed class at times.

Ndidi(8) - Workhorse, brilliant defensively.

Gray(8) - Was the Demarai Gray show first half, second half he was ineffective so only gets 8.

Mahrez(7) - Still not sure of him in the free role, a good to average performance.

Vardy(7) - Everton defence couldn't cope with his runs in the first half, second half he got isolated and had no effect.

Good performances all around in the first half. Dropped off in the second, but the game was won and we defended well.

Ndidi my MOTM. With Iborra alongside him to dictate things, he looks like he has a lot more freedom to just get around the pitch and win the ball. He was excellent yesterday, I'd love to see how many times he won the ball back.

Top performance although against a very poor side.

Gray and Morgan get 8's

Iborra, Vardy and Mahrez 7's

Everyone else 6

Fuchs 5

Ndidi has to be the most unappreciated player in the league. The guy was everywhere, tackling, winning possession, protecting the defense , even pressing Everton defenders into making hurried passes. Without Ndidi our defense would be easily over ran . He leads the league in tackling but people still complain. I don’t see him returning next season  because the moneybags will throw serious cash at him. Imagine Ndidi at Arsenal? 

Archived