Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. West Ham (a)..Friday 8pm ko

I fancy us to put them to the sword. Think Shinji will play a huge part. I feel like Gray and Mahrez have more attacking intent when Shinji is on the pitch being his usual nuisance.

Get off to a good start and the West Ham crowd will be as toxic as ever. They really have sold their soul. The fans must feel so disillusioned with the owners decisions. I laugh at their demise but then think it could easily be us. We got extremely lucky with our owners.

3-1 win. Vardy 2 goals and Gray with 1. Noble penalty late on

West Ham boss David Moyes was busy explaining a lengthy injury list earlier on.

On Marko Arnautovic: "It looked really serious when he came off, the first thought was broken arm or thumb. It was badly sprained, but he has trained so he is OK."

On Andre Ayew: "It was illness, but he has taken a couple of days to find his feet but is back among us, as is Michail Antonio, but he is short of fitness so he won't be included in the game."

On James Collins: "He is back training and we are trying to get him back. But rushing Michail and James is not the right thing as I will need them in the coming weeks and months."

On Javier Hernandez: "We are hoping he will start some running next week."

43 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

On Marko Arnautovic: "It looked really serious when he came off, the first thought was broken arm or thumb. It was badly sprained, but he has trained so he is OK."

Here was me thinking it was dislocation or complete break the way he rolled around on Sunday. 

Hello gentlemen, West Ham fan here, hope you are all well. 

As you may be aware, our board have royally bumscrewed our proud club. They sold our home, pocketed the cash, moved us into an unfit cess bowl. They have loaned the club cash to pay off some debt, and are raping us with 7% interest on the loan. They have signed players we don't need because they were available on the never never. They scapegoated a manager that many of us adored, in order to hide their own ineptitude and greed. I could go on and on but, most of all, they have lied, lied and lied again. 

Many (most) of the real fans at the game in Friday will be making a bit of anti-board noise. "You destroyed our ****ing club" seems to be the song of choice. Now, it's likely that Sky will turn up the microphones at your end, because they don't want our complaints ruining their shiny product. If you are minded to help another honest club in a bit of bother, perhaps you could join in with us? 

For what it's worth, our players long ago got the hump with what's going on. I expect you to get three or four with your laces tied together.  On the other hand, we now have the tactical powerhouse that is Mo Moyes calling the shots. So you'll get five. 

All the best for the rest of the season. 

5 hours ago, Jess Juan said:

As you may be aware, our board have royally bumscrewed our proud club. They sold our home, pocketed the cash, moved us into an unfit cess bowl. They have loaned the club cash to pay off some debt, and are raping us with 7% interest on the loan. They have signed players we don't need because they were available on the never never. They scapegoated a manager that many of us adored, in order to hide their own ineptitude and greed. I could go on and on but, most of all, they have lied, lied and lied again. 

Many (most) of the real fans at the game in Friday will be making a bit of anti-board noise. "You destroyed our ****ing club" seems to be the song of choice. Now, it's likely that Sky will turn up the microphones at your end, because they don't want our complaints ruining their shiny product. If you are minded to help another honest club in a bit of bother, perhaps you could join in with us? 

For what it's worth, our players long ago got the hump with what's going on. I expect you to get three or four with your laces tied together.  On the other hand, we now have the tactical powerhouse that is Mo Moyes calling the shots. So you'll get five. 

I agree.. The fans got shafted on this one.   We are lucky right now that we have good owners

11 hours ago, Jess Juan said:

i sympathise with you mate. Your owners are proper crooks yet seem to have pulled the wool over the general public's eyes due to their shiny PR. "Lady Brady's on the Apprentice right, so she must be a bona fide business women?"

The OS move is a farce. The insistence that Athletics was retained there by the London Legacy team was admirable enough, but of course you can't have a 60,000 seat Athletics stadium which gets used once a year. So having backed themselves into a corner needing an anchor tenant along come Gold, Sullivan and Brady to royally have their pants down and get the keys to a totally unsuitable stadium to replace the perfectly adequate (and atmospheric) one they already had, leaving the taxpayer with a huge bill for decades to come.

No home games in August (esp a problem if/when you are relegated :ph34r:), and no home games on Boxing Day because of the Next sale!

FFS - what a farce.

The Olympic Stadium is brilliant btw - I've been there for Athletics and the noise and atmosphere is comparable to anything I've witnessed in a football ground, but it doesn't seem to transfer well to football mode. I guess if you were riding high at the top of the league, the atmosphere would not be a problem though?

Good luck. I'm not sure personally that the chant idea will necessarily work, but worth a try. Suppose you can't lob tennis balls onto the pitch unless you've got a really good throw!

12 hours ago, Jess Juan said:

My heart bleeds for you, Moyes was a bullet we dodged, he nor your new home are the answer to your struggles I'm half expecting to see Big Sam back there early February.

A nervy 1-2.

I think some of their players will be trying hard following the talking to they have had from Moyes, but I think we will take it. They will score first, we will then get one in the first half, and a second early in the second half, only to be pinned back for the rest of the game while we sweat it out.

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It's weird how on a football field injuries seem to have a 10x effect on the players... I fractured a bone in my hand and didn't know for 18 months... And I play in goal :D Yet he sprains his arm and reacts like that... Maybe he was just trying to get on to the next episode of Eastenders, although after his performances so far I'm sure Danny Dyer would be having more than words with Arnautovic 

A sprain is often more painful than a break to be fair.

Archived