Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newcastle (A) Match Thread

Football punditry Steve McManaman style "They will be happy with them shooting from that distance" Riyad smacks one in and its "you give them that many chances and it is bound to happen" 

Edited by katieakita
error in wording
  • Haha 3

Jekyll and Hyde performance so far. In control of the game yet not creating as much as we should be and always looking like we're likely to concede.

Having players who are confident and have ability is good, but it's come to nothing because the players have been playing like you get points for those things.

Considering we're drawing and went behind early on to a terrible goal there is an alarming overconfidence out there. What's with all these ill-judged backheels?

We are clearly far superior to this Newcastle team individually but we seem to have forgotten what we taught the world 2 years ago - that possession isn't important if you don'y make it count. So many times I've seen a player in acres of space ignored by another who thinks he needs to hold on to it for ages. And we're too comfortable playing the ball backwards, it's not only stunting our progress, we're actually playing ourselves into trouble.

And I question a system where your right back (who cannot do a thing going forwards) is the only one supporting your only striker whilst midfielders are doing nothing outside the box, and we STILL get caught on the break. There hasn't been a defensive plan since May 2016. There's no organisation. and they are picking it up at will in the space between our midfield and defence.

There is promise in this team but if I was Puel I'd be giving this lot the bollocking of their lives right now. It's not about looking fancy, it's about getting the ball in their net and keeping it out of ours. There is so much space to exploit out there and we have the ability to do that, but the complacency in that performance was staggering.

Basically, we look like a good team, but we're not. Like a midtable Arsenal.

Having said that, it was a blatant penalty so we should be in front.

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Why cant you post streams in threads?

Ft is fir free soetch... why us this a prob? ??

Further confirming my suspicion that 90% of those who shout about free speech don't get it. Free speech doesn't mean you can break the law by, in this case, sharing copyrighted material 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

We gotta do better, Newcastle are already on all 4's waiting to be penetrated

It’s always about sex with you :D

Are you getting enough bro?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Further confirming my suspicion that 90% of those who shout about free speech don't get it. Free speech doesn't mean you can break the law by, in this case, sharing copyrighted material 

It is our right to break the law and take the consequences. ... i used to park in a car park that cost £8.  The parking ticket was £20.. and i only got one on 1 in 4 times. .

Edited by foxinsocks