Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

I’m sorry but everyone making excuses about the amount of games causing for tiredness, lack of energy...everyone does realise pretty much all teams have had the same amount of games in the same amount of time give or take?

Its just excuses, stop bullshit excuses, please!

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m sorry but everyone making excuses about the amount of games causing for tiredness, lack of energy...everyone does realise pretty much all teams have had the same amount of games in the same amount of time give or take?

Its just excuses, stop bullshit excuses, please!

Completely wrong Matt there's a huge difference in the spread between us and Arsenal.

Well let's hope we don't qualify for Europe then hey? We couldn't handle league and europe last season and this Christmas spell shows we still wouldn't be able to cope with it.

Give's people the excuses they love to hide behind though I guess.

Edited by Matt

9 games in 32 days would test any side. My only gripe is that I wish we'd play our best side then rotate. We missed a golden opportunity to get to the semi-final of a cup and the rotation used for that game has achieved nothing it seems.

Edited by l444ry

On 31/12/2017 at 19:02, foxinsocks said:

He needs to engage with fans.... he can use an interpreter. ..but he needs to show he is watching the same game.... and maybe a bit of humour.   Basically he needs an image consultant 

His analysis on games are perfectly fine. He's just very monotone. Yesterday Riyad scored a worldie and he just stood there clapping like he was at a boring childrens birthday party. Pearson was a bit like that too.  Whether we lost 3-0 or won 3-0 Pearson had the same boring monotone voice and had a very controlled reaction to most post match interviews (bar the odd mental one).

I think we should forget about all this and judge the men on his tactics, how the team performs etc..

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

Puel makes perfect sense in his interviews to me if you focus on what he says. His english is good.

Hes not a heart on his sleeve kind of man outwardly. No issue with being reserved.

Edited by Donut

Can't speak for all of you on here, but his English is better than my French. 

There are so many forms of media these days you don't even have to listen to him. News channels, sport websites, the official site and all social media all release what he says anyway so read it if you don't want to listen to him.

Just now, lifted*fox said:

we have a fair amount of fans who want a manager that acts like a clapping seal dancing for fish in every post-match interview.

it's ****ing baffling. 

why people can't get their head around the fact that all he's saying after games is the same tried/tested manager bullshit that everyone wheels out is beyond me.

his English is perfectly fine - I go to France most years in the summer for holiday and this is how 90% of french people speak English language - it's perfectly understandable unless you're purposely being a difficult cvnt and want to play the whole 'OMG I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYONE THAT ISN'T ENGLISH IS SAYING' card.

that's your ignorance - not Puel's lack of English skill. 

he clearly has the players on board and has us playing better football - that's all anyone with half a brain inside their tiny pea heads should need. 

We English are so ignorant. Most of the World speaks English yet most of us don't bother even trying to learn a second language. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We English are so ignorant. Most of the World speaks English yet most of us don't bother even trying to learn a second language. 

yep, and then we have the absolute boneheads who can't be bothered to fill in the few questionable gaps in someone like Puel's decent attempts at speaking English to the media. 

like I said - it's people being obstructive and rude on purpose because their tiny brains can't piece together the few missing bits of the puzzle.

probably the same sort of people who go on summer holiday and talk loudly in English at foreign people using only a few words like 'beer' and 'chips' and expect to get by.

not willing to try is the problem.

I'm off to Japan in a few months and I've picked up a picture dictionary and taking self-taught lessons so I don't come across as a rude cvnt to people. 

all it takes is a little effort to understand our fellow humans but some people can't be bothered. 

• Like 1

He’s doesn’t have Pearson’s attitude and he certainly doesn’t have Ranieri’s charisma, but his job is to manage the squad and get them performing. He’s been in the job a couple of months and he’s doing a decent enough job looking at what he inherited. 

He’s put in front of the cameras immediately after matches. He’s giving the interviewer what they require and he’s probably trying not to say the wrong things in a language he’s obviously not completely comfortable with... who cares.  It’s what he says to the players that matters. 

• Like 2

Any bad spell and Puel is going to come in for a lot of stick because our fans cannot build a rapport with him. But to be honest I couldn’t give a fcuk if I’m on the same wave length as him or if he makes me laugh, ultimately he’ll make it or fail down to results. We’ve had the biggest salt of the earth in the game give us Oscar performances in press conferences and complete football with the title win and we fcuked him off inside 9 months so that’s the nature of football.

I like what Puel is doing with trying to change our methods, we control games better against weaker opposition but we are still very vulnerable against the better sides and I know that’s obvious but we’ve somehow got to be harder to play against, defensively we are dog shit. He’s encouraging youth players and although he’s not playing them “ that “ much they’ll certainly get more of a chance than they would under Ranieri or Shakespeare. He’s helped Mahrez return to his phenomenal self, he might even be more accomplished than in 2015/16, he’s just box office and it took 3 managers to get a system to give him the freedom to make an impact again. Teams now can’t handle him as we have 2 other attacking midfielders taking up space behind Vardy that can cause problems if they solely focus on Mahrez. It’s beggars belief Ranieri couldn’t do this but hey ho.

Puel has started well for us, we’ve played a load of games of late and he’s very pro rotating a few players every game which we’re not used to as a club and I’m not sure is always needed but he’ll need to learn that the hard way. He’s ticking along nicely. 

• Like 4

On 31/12/2017 at 18:02, foxinsocks said:

He needs to engage with fans.... he can use an interpreter. ..but he needs to show he is watching the same game.... and maybe a bit of humour.   Basically he needs an image consultant 

Personally I couldn't care, if we are getting the results and playing good football I don't care if he doesn't talk to us directly. He's hired to manage a football team to the best of his abilities, not make me laugh or chuckle... I watch stand up comedians for that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any bad spell and Puel is going to come in for a lot of stick because our fans cannot build a rapport with him. But to be honest I couldn’t give a fcuk if I’m on the same wave length as him or if he makes me laugh, ultimately he’ll make it or fail down to results. We’ve had the biggest salt of the earth in the game give us Oscar performances in press conferences and complete football with the title win and we fcuked him off inside 9 months so that’s the nature of football.

I like what Puel is doing with trying to change our methods, we control games better against weaker opposition but we are still very vulnerable against the better sides and I know that’s obvious but we’ve somehow got to be harder to play against, defensively we are dog shit. He’s encouraging youth players and although he’s not playing them “ that “ much they’ll certainly get more of a chance than they would under Ranieri or Shakespeare. He’s helped Mahrez return to his phenomenal self, he might even be more accomplished than in 2015/16, he’s just box office and it took 3 managers to get a system to give him the freedom to make an impact again. Teams now can’t handle him as we have 2 other attacking midfielders taking up space behind Vardy that can cause problems if they solely focus on Mahrez. It’s beggars belief Ranieri couldn’t do this but hey ho.

Puel has started well for us, we’ve played a load of games of late and he’s very pro rotating a few players every game which we’re not used to as a club and I’m not sure is always needed but he’ll need to learn that the hard way. He’s ticking along nicely. 

I agree with much of this, however his team selection against Man City was very disappointing and I'll question his ambition as a result of this. I'd rather win a cup than finish 8th, I'm not sure he would.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I agree with much of this, however his team selection against Man City was very disappointing and I'll question his ambition as a result of this. I'd rather win a cup than finish 8th, I'm not sure he would.

There's no person in football that wouldn't want to win trophies. Or at least there shouldn't be.

Yes the Manchester City team disappointed me but Puel has a squad which he hasn't seen play. He probably wants/wanted to judge the likes of Musa, Slimani, Iheancho etc - players that don't play regular first team football - yes he watches them in training but an actual match is very different to that. He gave certain players a chance in the league cup game and, for me, some of them would have failed to impress him.

Edited by Fox92

Anyone slating Puel is borat. Compare performances of our two games this season against Huddersfield, just a quick example. (The first we deserved to lose and were completely dominated in every aspect) Our style of play is changing, we are going through a lengthy process and also a process that he cannot complete without 2-3 transfer windows. 

The drastic change in our teams style of performance over a short period is staggering, as for the Palace loss, well they nearly beat Man City recently, they’re on the up and caught us cold and complacent, Watford aren’t even that bad and Liverpool are simply better than we are.

Tottenham, Burnley, Newcastle, the draw against Man Utd, the mauling of Southampton, Everton. Oh and Huddersfield. A team that embarrassed us not long ago. We’re doing really well, I don’t get the irrational dislike of him.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Personally I couldn't care, if we are getting the results and playing good football I don't care if he doesn't talk to us directly. He's hired to manage a football team to the best of his abilities, not make me laugh or chuckle... I watch stand up comedians for that.

You are right of course... but my concern is for him.  When a poor patch comes it would be better to have a bit of goodwill banked.    If we wants to endure then he would be advised to think of such.  Sad..but true

49 minutes ago, Koke said:

His analysis on games are perfectly fine. He's just very monotone. Yesterday Riyad scored a worldie and he just stood there clapping like he was at a boring childrens birthday party. Pearson was a bit like that too.  Whether we lost 3-0 or won 3-0 Pearson had the same boring monotone voice and had a very controlled reaction to most post match interviews (bar the odd mental one).

I think we should forget about all this and judge the men on his tactics, how the team performs etc..

As i said above... i am happy with him. .. but it wouldnt cost him alot to bank some goodwill

• Like 1