Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

54 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Who then? U(lol)lla? Nacho and Slim don't make it to the bench with Puel. God forbid Vardy gets injured, we'll be properly fvcked then.

Shakey was shit at making subs AND setting teams up accordingly to the opponent.

He has a better record than Pearson, Shakey and more or less the same as Ranieri. He did wonders in Nice and took Lyon to the CL semi-finals beating Real madrid on the way. He'll get it right at some point. It's only one game.

Slimani I believe is definitely on the way out maybe Nacho too. So that only left Ulloa. Vardy was never going to find the space he needs.

Funnily reading the game I thought was one of Shaky's strong points. It's his loyalty to people and failure to change how we played that got him sacked.

I know he done well at Nice and Lyon and I've said I believe he's an excellent coach. I'm just puzzled at his decision on Saturday not to change anything until it was too late. 

I just wonder does he have the mean or tough streak that all great Managers have in chewing out players. But it is early days and he has to have a chance to bring in a few players to suit

what he wants to do with the Team and squad.

17 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No I wouldn't and I said so before the game. They were always going to sit tight and so Vardy was never going to get any space. It should have been Slimani but he's on the way out so then Ulloa as we were only likely to score with a Header or a knockdown. 

as for Shakespeare, I thought he got most of his Substitutions pretty right. But at least he made them. What was the logic in sending out the same 11 second half when clearly it wasn't working.

I do agree it would have been nice to have Slimani for that game. But as you say, clearly a done deal that he's gone.

I dont think Ulloa would have helped us that much, we just started too slow and that was that

I tore my hair out with Shakey's subs. Dont think an awful substitution is necessarily better than no substitution

This was one bad game,not enough reason to fault Puel yet, he's done brilliantly so far and this was the first blip. There is always a blip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Slimani I believe is definitely on the way out maybe Nacho too. So that only left Ulloa. Vardy was never going to find the space he needs.

Funnily reading the game I thought was one of Shaky's strong points. It's his loyalty to people and failure to change how we played that got him sacked.

I know he done well at Nice and Lyon and I've said I believe he's an excellent coach. I'm just puzzled at his decision on Saturday not to change anything until it was too late. 

I just wonder does he have the mean or tough streak that all great Managers have in chewing out players. But it is early days and he has to have a chance to bring in a few players to suit

what he wants to do with the Team and squad.

How do you chew out a player?... 

Unless he plays for Everton of course? 

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I do agree it would have been nice to have Slimani for that game. But as you say, clearly a done deal that he's gone.

I dont think Ulloa would have helped us that much, we just started too slow and that was that

I tore my hair out with Shakey's subs. Dont think an awful substitution is necessarily better than no substitution

This was one bad game,not enough reason to fault Puel yet, he's done brilliantly so far and this was the first blip. There is always a blip

That's the beauty of the game we all see it differently.

I agree he's done brilliant. I was only referring to this one game. While he has done well so far he's also had a good degree of luck in some games. Spurs for example.

I just think there was an attitude we just had to turn up on Saturday. I know I'm being picky, but I want us to get to the next level and you do that by covering everything you can before the game.

After the players take to the pitch anything can happen. 

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's the beauty of the game we all see it differently.

I agree he's done brilliant. I was only referring to this one game. While he has done well so far he's also had a good degree of luck in some games. Spurs for example.

I just think there was an attitude we just had to turn up on Saturday. I know I'm being picky, but I want us to get to the next level and you do that by covering everything you can before the game.

After the players take to the pitch anything can happen. 

Seemed this way to me too. I think a few of us on here felt we only had to turn up for this one. Never the case

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Seemed this way to me too. I think a few of us on here felt we only had to turn up for this one. Never the case

Let's hope Puel and the players learned the lesson and we move on with more determination in future games.

Mind you if he wins tomorrow nights Cup match Saturdays game will be quickly forgotten and rightly so.

• Like 2

He lacks certain charisma/kind aura of what I've seen so far, but appears more better tactically than what Ranieri was at times.

The Palace defeat is unlikely to occur again tbh, and feel he'll bring the club success (even a trophy). He's got something that tells me he's the right man for the ambitions of this club.

Puel did we see the real side of are manager. not having a go at him but you could see from the start that we where not winning the game.yet he made no changes to the side or tactics. was he overwhelmed or did he think that he does not have the players on the bench to change a game.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I know this sounds mental but should we maybe wait a few more games before we declare him to be either one of the two things that people seem to think everyone has to fit into without any in between: - Good or Shit?

It was a poor match and clearly Puel still needs to prove himself and of course anyone questioning the performance in that one match has a right to be annoyed but some of the comments on here go a little too far.  Anyone can lose against anyone, we need time and results to see whether this was a freak result or a pattern.  There is an arrogance in thinking we should win these games easily, as Leicester fans we should be more aware than most of the unexpected beauty of this magnificent game.

If Puel learns from this and improves then it was a necessary evil I think.  SO far he has done a great job so let's see how he reacts to a poor result and games against two top teams coming up.

Booing at the games, "Puel is shit", that kinda stuff really isn't helpful in my opinion.  I have no issue with constructive stuff about that game but to extrapolate that performance into a manager's entire worth, career and future is just a bit mental.  Honestly, I know I annoy some people on here by always challenging the negative stuff and being a kind of  annoying "anti WUM" but my god this forum can be excruciatingly depressing sometimes.

Up the Foxes.

X

A good post RumbleFox, I thought the booing was a disgrace and let the whole fan-base down. I would like to have seen Puel get angrier though.

• Like 1

It's quite clear Puel is going to be cut zero slack when we play badly and get beaten, he just doesn't have the buffoon character needed to endear himself to the Leicester fans. He'll be heralded as class when we're playing well but I'm fairly certain fans won't take to Puel properly.

It was surprising to see there weren't any changes made earlier, it does baffle me why managers do that when you're playing so badly but it's early days yet. 

I think we'll win tonight and Saturday will soon be forgotten, for a few days anyway.

Didn't realise people booed the team, very poor that.

As others have said Puel and the team are still learning about each other. 4 good performances don't mean he is the messiah and all the talk of Europe and challenging the top 6 again was soooo premature, likewise one bad performance doesn't make him shit. 

All I can hope is that he and the players learn from this and don't just write it off as bad day at the office and look to the 2 key decisions and think if Iborra's goal had stood and Ndidi get sent off we could have got a point. We went out there and apart from Gray looked completely off the pace. 

If we do that a few more times at home I'll start to be concerned, but if we learn from this we can make sure it is a one off. Sometimes getting dicked on gets a better reaction than a narrow defeat or undeserved draw, we shall see.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This.....all.....day.....long

To leave Vardy, with all his pace and ability, completely isolated AT HOME to a team in the bottom three, was strange to say the least.

We set up and played like we were the away team playing against a top four side.

Of course it was only one game, but it was worrying just how fookin awful we looked.

:huh:

Although Col and others have a point, I think the simple explanation is the best one  - for whatever reason, our boys just had a shocker, and Palace played very well. We can pick over the detail (and please don't let me try and stop you) until the cows come home, but had that XI performed as we have seen them do recently, the result would not have been a 0-3 loss.

Serious question. Are fans supposed to just sit back and accept below par effort and application yet shout to the rooftops when we win or play well?  How should a fan voice their displeasure after or during a game like the last one? It’s not like we ever see these guys on the street to say it personally. 

1 minute ago, F1_AN said:

Serious question. Are fans supposed to just sit back and accept below par effort and application yet shout to the rooftops when we win or play well?  How should a fan voice their displeasure after or during a game like the last one? It’s not like we ever see these guys on the street to say it personally. 

Supporters are there to support. If you believe they weren't trying hard enough, encourage them to try harder. I'm a teacher, if my students don't put in enough effort and fail to apply themselves, I try to find constructive ways to motivate them to do so. What I don't do is tell them they're crap and just sit there with my arms folded.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Maybe just give it a game or two first?  Or try to support them and see if it has a positive effect?  No problem with fan's voicing their displeasure but one bad game in 10 seems a little churlish to me.  Serious question, do you think that booing a team that on the whole has performed well recently but had a bad performance is going to have a positive effect?  Och, each to their own I suppose, I just couldn't bring myself to boo a team like that but the world is full of different views which is what makes it beautiful I suppose. X

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You mean Puel? Yeah, i dont harbour the delusion that fans' opinions have a bearing on anything a club decides to do

Haha ah sorry for the misunderstanding. As I was reading it looked like you were saying that as an excuse for him not dropping Vardy.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Maybe just give it a game or two first?  Or try to support them and see if it has a positive effect?  No problem with fan's voicing their displeasure but one bad game in 10 seems a little churlish to me.  Serious question, do you think that booing a team that on the whole has performed well recently but had a bad performance is going to have a positive effect?  Och, each to their own I suppose, I just couldn't bring myself to boo a team like that but the world is full of different views which is what makes it beautiful I suppose. X

I can see the point in booing if a club has a real enduring problem, constant poor performance and you feel something isnt being done at a certain managerial level which should be done.

One bad performance which the team will be as disappointed in as us or more so... its not on to boo 

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I didn’t boo them, I was asking a question. The teacher above makes a good point but I’m pretty sure there was positive support early on and that didn’t achieve a lot. I don’t really think it helps the team but given there is no serious alternative I can see why people do it. 

Whilst supporters are there to support players are also there to play and some fell way below the required standard. 

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Supporters are there to support. If you believe they weren't trying hard enough, encourage them to try harder. I'm a teacher, if my students don't put in enough effort and fail to apply themselves, I try to find constructive ways to motivate them to do so. What I don't do is tell them they're crap and just sit there with my arms folded.

First we need to know if poor performance is about effort/motivation... or lack of ability...or errors.

Puel is a competitor just as any player is. He is not the teacher.   I suspect saturdays perfornance was because of selection. .  Mental prep...tactics and in game decision making.   These are all things puel can address and it's no good if he doesnt learn and improve from such a hard lesson.  I hope he is a good student

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No I wouldn't and I said so before the game. They were always going to sit tight and so Vardy was never going to get any space. It should have been Slimani but he's on the way out so then Ulloa as we were only likely to score with a Header or a knockdown. 

as for Shakespeare, I thought he got most of his Substitutions pretty right. But at least he made them. What was the logic in sending out the same 11 second half when clearly it wasn't working.

You could more or less predict Shakey's substitutions pre match.

When he brought on Iheanacho for James when we were 3-2 up away at Arsenal with 10 mins to go and Arsenal were throwing the proverbial everything but kitchen sink at us. Especially after we'd set our stall out 10 mins before to defend our lead after bringing on Amartey for Okazaki. For me that substitution wasn't tactical it was because he'd already premeditated on bringing on our new £25m striker at some point in the match. 

Shakey will no doubt tell us different and claim that he took off a midfielder for a striker as they were being cavalier and leaving gaps at the back but for me when there is 10 mins to go and you're a goal up at an elite level club and they're throwing everything at you then you don't decide to go toe to toe with them. If I'm a boxer and I'm winning on points with two rounds to go I'll keep my defence tight and spoil the fight rather than leave my chin exposed just because my opponent is doing the same.

It was a naive substitution and premeditated IMO. He should have put King on for James and continue to play 4-5-1 as he had for the previous 10 mins rather than Iheanacho and change back to 4-4-2.