Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

What concerns me is the write-up from Saints fans, he's a decent manager for away games but struggles in home ones where the impetus is to attack. Their record at St Mary's was grim last year despite finishing 8th.

We lose our good home record, we'll be in trouble. We've been consistently good at home for a number of years and its stood us in good stead. You need to be able to rely on beating the poorer teams at home. A big plus we have is the loud crowds,more shite like today and that'll soon quieten down regardless of how many big wins we rack up on our travels.

• Thanks 1

We were hopeless in the 1st half and yet nothing changed much in the 2nd half until the subs came on but it was too late in the day by then.

He is showing a stubborn trait which is going to cost us in the future and that is frustrating.

• Like 1

Just now, LestaAl said:

We were hopeless in the 1st half and yet nothing changed much in the 2nd half until the subs came on but it was too late in the day by then.

He is showing a stubborn trait which is going to cost us in the future and that is frustrating.

I am hoping he will learn from this - surely he debriefs with his coaches  (if not he can contact me).  I would say in hindsight he couldnt have down worse by changing early (at HT) and it could have been much better.

On 14/12/2017 at 22:20, st albans fox said:

Only thing annoying me is the delaying of substitutions. We can all see that something needs to be done yet he and Appleton seem surprised and discussing on the touchline - what can be so surprising that they haven’t already chatted about it ???

before we got the fourth last night we needed Albrighton’s energy out there - I know we then got the fourth but that was down to Soares’ shocking crossfield pass to riyad. Three feet higher and Bertrand is likely in again behind Simpson. they had picked up momentum and we needed to make a sub to break that up and shake the guys out of their temp malaise. Surely it must have been discussed about what would need to be changed if they got one back and began to look dangerous ??

loving everything else 

Probably going something like:

I sink oui nid to mek di soob!

You wot mate?

Don’t like the 3 wingers behind Vardy personally.

Neither Gray or Mahrez know how to play in the hole & it’s leaving Vardy very isolated.

Play Shinji ffs. At least until we can sign an actual number 10, which we desperately need if Puels tactics are to bring success. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Neither Gray or Mahrez know how to play in the hole & it’s leaving Vardy very isolated.

Play Shinji ffs. At least until we can sign an actual number 10, which we desperately need if Puels tactics are to bring success. 

This.....all.....day.....long

To leave Vardy, with all his pace and ability, completely isolated AT HOME to a team in the bottom three, was strange to say the least.

We set up and played like we were the away team playing against a top four side.

Of course it was only one game, but it was worrying just how fookin awful we looked.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Too many times grey was holding hands with albrighton.... with no one in the hole.

I am keen we learn from this game ....... and that includes the lack of subs at ht to changes things

Whichever way you look at it we are playing 1 upfront against a side near the bottom at home who hadn't scored a goal away from home. The system is more suited away from home. Imo I'd like us to play 3 at the back with wing backs. We need better option off the bench in midfield ffs Maguire looked better in midfield than king. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Whichever way you look at it we are playing 1 upfront against a side near the bottom at home who hadn't scored a goal away from home. The system is more suited away from home. Imo I'd like us to play 3 at the back with wing backs. We need better option off the bench in midfield ffs Maguire looked better in midfield than king. 

Agreed. I'm always wary of one up front at home against teams that sit deep. You really need a world class rounded striker to play that role and not sure it plays to Vardy's strengths. Hope Puel will rethink doing that

There's no doubt apathy played a big part in the defeat and Puel is responsible for that. He failed to motivate the players before the game.

Anyone who knows the game knew that they were going to play deep to frustrate us and try and hit us on the break. Therefore, He never should have played Vardy, As there was never going to be the room he likes to operate in.

The other worrying thing was the way he froze and failed to make any Substitutions at half time. This is one area Shakespere excelled at.

I totally believe he's an excellent Coach which is something I believe we needed. I just hope hes has enough about him to inspire the players to bigger things like Pearson and Ranieri could. 

Edited by Clever Fox

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's no doubt apathy played a big part in the defeat and Puel is responsible for that. He failed to motivate the players before the game.

Anyone who knows the game knew that they were going to play deep to frustrate us and try and hit us on the break. Therefore, He never should have played Vardy, As there was never going to be the room he likes to operate in.

The other worrying thing was the way he froze and failed to make any Substitutions at half time. This is one area Shakespere excelled at.

I totally believe he's an excellent Coach which is something I believe we needed. I just hope hes has enough about him to inspire the players to bigger things like Pearson and Ranieri could. 

If he had dropped Vardy for that game you and everyone else would have gone spare before kick off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry mate, only just clocked this. Shakespeare did not excel at substitutions.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Who then? U(lol)lla? Nacho and Slim don't make it to the bench with Puel. God forbid Vardy gets injured, we'll be properly fvcked then.

Shakey was shit at making subs AND setting teams up accordingly to the opponent.

He has a better record than Pearson, Shakey and more or less the same as Ranieri. He did wonders in Nice and took Lyon to the CL semi-finals beating Real madrid on the way. He'll get it right at some point. It's only one game.

Edited by ZeGuy

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If he had dropped Vardy for that game you and everyone else would have gone spare before kick off

No I wouldn't and I said so before the game. They were always going to sit tight and so Vardy was never going to get any space. It should have been Slimani but he's on the way out so then Ulloa as we were only likely to score with a Header or a knockdown. 

as for Shakespeare, I thought he got most of his Substitutions pretty right. But at least he made them. What was the logic in sending out the same 11 second half when clearly it wasn't working.