Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

We are, if you’ve noticed when you holiday anywhere in Europe we’re also the ones that bring down the tone, take the class of Rome itself away we can. Embarrassing really.

We should perhaps not get any further into this, we may be accused of treasonable talk...

• Haha 1

He has a very important and big challenge in January to try and balance this squad up. I sense alot of uncertainty. Squad players not knowing if they are staying, some maybe knowing they are leaving and some not being put under pressure to keep their places (Kasper and Vardy). I think he must get rid of uncertainty out of this team and get them focussed on the job in hand. If they don't want to be here, just get rid including Mahrez. 

It is also essential that we get players in who will start. Our transfer activity has been woeful since Steve Walsh Snr left overall. We can't get it wrong too many more times as the quality is coming down as the existing first XI get older. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the above posts its going to be a January of making big decisions for the manager regarding who stays or goes, he needs to do what pep did with man city when he started to get rid of the Hanger's on and now look at them

I don't know how many times i've said this, don't know why everyone's getting excited about what's gonna happen in January, do not expect much in January, Puel (Or anyone else that came in) will have no effect in January, he'll be working with his hands tied.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

He has a very important and big challenge in January to try and balance this squad up. I sense alot of uncertainty. Squad players not knowing if they are staying, some maybe knowing they are leaving and some not being put under pressure to keep their places (Kasper and Vardy). I think he must get rid of uncertainty out of this team and get them focussed on the job in hand. If they don't want to be here, just get rid including Mahrez. 

It is also essential that we get players in who will start. Our transfer activity has been woeful since Steve Walsh Snr left overall. We can't get it wrong too many more times as the quality is coming down as the existing first XI get older. 

Walsh is responsible for many of the bad signings as well as the good. He hasn't actually pulled any trees up at Everton has he. It does seem in some people's eyes he can do no wrong ie any bad signings would be down to Ranieri or Koeman and never Walsh.

To be honest I think Puel has already identified what he has inherited :

Two genuine class players in Vardy and Mahrez

Three promising younger players in Gray , Chilwell and Maguire

Two dependable players in Shinji and Albrighton

An ok keeper

The rest of them I don't think he fancies a lot.

Be interesting to see if anything happens in January

We appear to be going backwards. Iborra has lost form and not providing the direction and composure so badly needed in the team. We have resorted to hitting Vardy as quick as possibly with long balls constantly played for him to chase. 

The concensus seems to point to a lack of quality in the fringe players but I feel it is more to do with Puel negativity which game after game raises it's head.

We need to be playing at a quicker tempo, the players play better when we up the level and if you take a look at Burnley, they have adopted a high tempo and press game which going by their current position is clearly bearing fruit. The need to impress your game on the opposition is essential and Puel's initial start to his tenure was a game based on movement,pace and pressing. Somewhere in these games there was always a drop off and fortune going with us. In so many games we looked good for periods but then sat off and allow the other team back into the game when we should have killed it off. There have been some very good performances in games but you always feel that there will be period where it would all go wrong. So far I am not convinced about Puel (if he can't see that we are a team who can't sit and defend) then I fear for the rest of the season.

As for deadball situations, for corners go back to one man on each post (it's not as if you would be playing anyone onside). 

Kasper is, on his day one of the best in the world, he tends to go through periods like this where he looks like he has never played in goal before. He will come out of it, I sometime suspects he likes to get involved more and forget what he is good at.

The position of Adrien Silva in the team i suspect must have been worked out and tried in practise, I can see we will be playing Hatem Ben Arfa in January in place of Mahrez.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We appear to be going backwards. Iborra has lost form and not providing the direction and composure so badly needed in the team. We have resorted to hitting Vardy as quick as possibly with long balls constantly played for him to chase. 

The concensus seems to point to a lack of quality in the fringe players but I feel it is more to do with Puel negativity which game after game raises it's head.

We need to be playing at a quicker tempo, the players play better when we up the level and if you take a look at Burnley, they have adopted a high tempo and press game which going by their current position is clearly bearing fruit. The need to impress your game on the opposition is essential and Puel's initial start to his tenure was a game based on movement,pace and pressing. Somewhere in these games there was always a drop off and fortune going with us. In so many games we looked good for periods but then sat off and allow the other team back into the game when we should have killed it off. There have been some very good performances in games but you always feel that there will be period where it would all go wrong. So far I am not convinced about Puel (if he can't see that we are a team who can't sit and defend) then I fear for the rest of the season.

As for deadball situations, for corners go back to one man on each post (it's not as if you would be playing anyone onside). 

Kasper is, on his day one of the best in the world, he tends to go through periods like this where he looks like he has never played in goal before. He will come out of it, I sometime suspects he likes to get involved more and forget what he is good at.

The position of Adrien Silva in the team i suspect must have been worked out and tried in practise, I can see we will be playing Hatem Ben Arfa in January in place of Mahrez.

I seriously cannot see how you have made the conclusion that Puel wants them to play negatively? I have only seen the opposite. Some of the most fluid play I've seen Leicester play. The only reason Southampton played negatively was because of the personal at his disposal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

well he really needs to get the defense to work or we will find ourselves near the bottom, we were shit again today.

Our defense has been our biggest defect in the last couple of years.  Good defensemen are not easy to find, and unfortunately not valued much in modern football.  But I think that is changing.  Time for us to clean the backfield.  January would seem like a good start.

8 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

To be honest I think Puel has already identified what he has inherited :

Two genuine class players in Vardy and Mahrez

Three promising younger players in Gray , Chilwell and Maguire

Two dependable players in Shinji and Albrighton

An ok keeper

The rest of them I don't think he fancies a lot.

Be interesting to see if anything happens in January

i think u could put IBBORA AND NDIDI IN THE DEPENDABLE SECTION

• Like 2

Had hoped he'd rotated better than he did. Tough fixtures though, so I'm willing to let the last 4 games go. January will be massive for him though - fewer games & nearer to normality; a chance to strengthen the squad via the market and Silva is finally available very, very soon. I like Claude. So we'll see. 

On 26/12/2017 at 18:01, Gazza M said:

Steve Walsh had a big hand in some of the crap signings as well as the good don't forget. He's hardly a transfer hero at Everton either.

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The problem with Puel for me is the fact that as a fan I don't really feel I have that connection with the manager, so when we win its nice but when we lose its easy to think 'oh Claude what are you doing?' Etc. 

So far I think he's done above average, it's been decent. When you look at it we have a good starting 11, with a mix of young talent and experience, but I don't think the squad is suited to the manager completely yet. This window and the summer one will be interesting to see how he shapes what he has and what direction he takes the club in and how the identity of the team on the pitch is.

That's the massive thing for me that i'm struggling with.

Yesterday was quite comical in his interview. People say does it matter if you can't understand him, people keep saying i'm making a big deal, but Stringer asked him a question about Maguire being suspended, now I don't think Puel understood the question, even with an interpreter (Maybe the interpreter didn't quite grasp it) and he answered by just blabing on, Stinger had to ask the same question in a different way, again he we were none the wiser. The interview ended, quite a short one - couldn't tell you what else he said either.

Back to the studio, Stringer didn't know, RL didn't know, they eventually consulted the rule book, turns out Maguire isn't suspended.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

If we can't relate to him how does the team? I don't know what the question is but I know Puel isn't the answer. Even if he keeps us up he will be gone in the close season, he's a managerial fraud that got found out at Southampton and is getting found out here. 

18 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If we can't relate to him how does the team? I don't know what the question is but I know Puel isn't the answer. Even if he keeps us up he will be gone in the close season, he's a managerial fraud that got found out at Southampton and is getting found out here. 

How can a managerial fraud have such success in his career? His overall win percentage is 42%. He may not fit for Leicester City but he’s not a fraud 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's the massive thing for me that i'm struggling with.

Yesterday was quite comical in his interview. People say does it matter if you can't understand him, people keep saying i'm making a big deal, but Stringer asked him a question about Maguire being suspended, now I don't think Puel understood the question, even with an interpreter (Maybe the interpreter didn't quite grasp it) and he answered by just blabing on, Stinger had to ask the same question in a different way, again he we were none the wiser. The interview ended, quite a short one - couldn't tell you what else he said either.

Back to the studio, Stringer didn't know, RL didn't know, they eventually consulted the rule book, turns out Maguire isn't suspended.

I think he did understand the question but successfully swerved it as he didn't know the answer.

He's clever. Give long answers without saying anything and it leaves less time for questions.

My view is that Puel has brought out more attacking flair than we have seen in a while, but at the same time we have begun to ship goals - conceding two or more goals in six out of our previous seven games and eight out of Puel's 12 PL games in charge.

The attacking and better possession is good to watch and encouraging. I hope the leaky defence is a function of a team in transition. Lots of the goals have been individual errors but the overall pattern of conceding a lot of goals can't be ignored.

I have seen glimpses of us being a real force. We have young high quality players emerging all over the pitch and if they can be moulded correctly then we have an exciting future! Let's hope we can keep a few clean sheets in January - if we can we will undoubtedly win games because of our goal threat.

Exciting times ahead!!

Edited by Steve Agnew
  • Like 1

Tactically he has brought some real difference, which paid off at the beginning.

When we move forward, the wide midfielder tucks in, the full back overlaps and the holding midfielder fits in between his position and full back. Really weird, but clearly worked initially and was something I had never seen before. 

However, I am concerned we try to stick to the new systems and tactics, rather than do a Leicester and play to the players strengths. 

As as an example, against Man City, we always appeared to do well picking up the second ball, but continued to try and play the chosen tactics instead. I think if we had tried to play less, got the ball up quicker we would have won the match. Same v Man U as both had vulnerabilities at the back, but  we stuck to the system. 

My concern at the moment, but it’s not a big concern as it is very early days, is have we been found out and so teams know how to play us, and are we not flexible enough to change it around.

But early days, and a new right back will be massive for us based on how Puel uses his full backs to go forward with the wide man tucking in. 

Edited by Rob1742

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

BS.

I take it you've carried out extensive research on Puel's managerial career before he joined Southampton. Please explain to everyone why he's a fraud?

Edited by Stan

On 27/12/2017 at 01:07, sacreblueits442 said:

With so many games over a short time frame, could the squad have coped with the energy sapping demands of high press? 

• Like 2