Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

First we need to know if poor performance is about effort/motivation... or lack of ability...or errors.

Puel is a competitor just as any player is. He is not the teacher.   I suspect saturdays perfornance was because of selection. .  Mental prep...tactics and in game decision making.   These are all things puel can address and it's no good if he doesnt learn and improve from such a hard lesson.  I hope he is a good student

No, I realise the analogy isn't perfect, but then again, I was answering a point about booing. I suppose the distinction was shown between 'fan' and 'supporter'.

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, I realise the analogy isn't perfect, but then again, I was answering a point about booing. I suppose the distinction was shown between 'fan' and 'supporter'.

we  need to see how the student reacts - while booing may not be the best  way fwd, he may think it best to avoid being booed and wonder if some of the issues from Saturday rest with himself... let's see.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

we  need to see how the student reacts - while booing may not be the best  way fwd, he may think it best to avoid being booed and wonder if some of the issues from Saturday rest with himself... let's see.

Yes indeed, Puel might have got it wrong. But he didn't keep passing straight to the opposition!

25 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I didn’t boo them, I was asking a question. The teacher above makes a good point but I’m pretty sure there was positive support early on and that didn’t achieve a lot. I don’t really think it helps the team but given there is no serious alternative I can see why people do it. 

Whilst supporters are there to support players are also there to play and some fell way below the required standard. 

I fully agree that supporters should be able to voice their feelings but one game, Jesus Christ, it makes us look very silly.  What a bunch of spoiled fans those that booed came across as.  Like another poster said, if we put in 10 bad performances in a row then my views may be different but to boo after one bad game, honesty, if it were me I would feel ashamed of myself.  But, like I said, lots of people, lots of views, it's good to disagree.  X

So shocked to see see massive overreaction and analysis on here! :whistle:

It was a poor performance/ bad day at the office.

How can someone who had won his previous four matches with some excellent football being played suddenly become the shittest manager from shitsville after ONE game?

I guess it's the peril of fans with an abundance of passion and without the patience and knowledge of someone who works within the game! 

Defeats are part of the beautiful game for the vast majority of clubs, I suggest those who think they know better than Claude, his backroom team and our players......you don't!

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

10 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So shocked to see see massive overreaction and analysis on here! :whistle:

It was a poor performance/ bad day at the office.

How can someone who had won his previous four matches with some excellent football being played suddenly become the shittest manager from shitsville after ONE game?

I guess it's the peril of fans with an abundance of passion and without the patience and knowledge of someone who works within the game! 

Defeats are part of the beautiful game for the vast majority of clubs, I suggest those who think they know better than Claude, his backroom team and our players......you don't!

Yes - it could be a blip.  What p1ssed me off was that there was not attempt to change things... after the awful first half we just deliver an awful second half.  I would forgive the poor second half it we had tried to change things.  I couldn't decide if we just accepted the rout or if there was some belief it would just come good by itself

If Puel was perfect he wouldn't be at Leicester. I'll take the odd thrashing if it means we win at the rate we have been under him. The improvement is there for all to see, but there's plenty of room to go, we all know that. I'd like to see him act earlier with subs, but maybe he just doesn't fancy what we have on the bench.

• Like 2

Genuine question, not trying to belittle him, take the piss, moan, e.t.c, were Radio Leicester taking the piss and turning the volume down on his interview?

Like i've said in the past I can't understand him at the best of times and I zone out but no word of a lie I was listening to the radio they said he was ready to be interviewed, volume on the car radio was on something like 20, Stringer asks him a question which was perfectly audible, Puel replies, wasn't as loud as Stringer but you could hear it, as Puel goes on it gets quieter and quieter, so I turn the radio up to about 35 to try and hear him, Stringer ask another question, it sounds so loud! Puel replies again get's quieter and quieter...turn the radio up to 40, Stringer replies - bout blows the speakers out! Eventually this goes on and Puel fades out to nothing - Back to the studio - LOUD!

Basically his interview...Not a word! :dunno:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Genuine question, not trying to belittle him, take the piss, moan, e.t.c, were Radio Leicester taking the piss and turning the volume down on his interview?

Like i've said in the past I can't understand him at the best of times and I zone out but no word of a lie I was listening to the radio the said he was ready to be interview, volume on the car radio was on something like 20, Stringer asks him a question which was perfectly audible, Puel replies, wasn't as loud as Stringer but you could hear it, as Puel goes on it gets quieter and quieter, so I turn the radio up to about 35 to try and hear him, Stringer ask another question, it sounds so loud! Puel replies again get's quieter and quieter...turn the radio up to 40, Stringer replies - bout blows the speakers out! Eventually this goes on and Puel fades out to nothing - Back to the studio - LOUD!

lol

Did the same.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Like i've said in the past I can't understand him at the best of times and I zone out but no word of a lie I was listening to the radio the said he was ready to be interview, volume on the car radio was on something like 20, Stringer asks him a question which was perfectly audible, Puel replies, wasn't as loud as Stringer but you could hear it, as Puel goes on it gets quieter and quieter, so I turn the radio up to about 35 to try and hear him, Stringer ask another question, it sounds so loud! Puel replies again get's quieter and quieter...turn the radio up to 40, Stringer replies - bout blows the speakers out! Eventually this goes on and Puel fades out to nothing - Back to the studio - LOUD!

I can relate the same story. Switched to RL for the after match (not interested in the sky analysis it would just be about United). Could barely hear Claude, turned the volume right up. After the interview BOOM! Had to scramble quickly for the remote to turn the volume down. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Like i've said in the past I can't understand him at the best of times and I zone out but no word of a lie I was listening to the radio they said he was ready to be interviewed, volume on the car radio was on something like 20, Stringer asks him a question which was perfectly audible, Puel replies, wasn't as loud as Stringer but you could hear it, as Puel goes on it gets quieter and quieter, so I turn the radio up to about 35 to try and hear him, Stringer ask another question, it sounds so loud! Puel replies again get's quieter and quieter...turn the radio up to 40, Stringer replies - bout blows the speakers out! Eventually this goes on and Puel fades out to nothing - Back to the studio - LOUD!

Haha I did exactly the same. Gave up In the end 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Maybe a badly positioned mic?