Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

Our Claude Puel

He’s a Frenchman you know

talks just as loud

as Marcel Marceau

Our Claude Puel

He’s a genius they say

Turns beef on the hoof

Into ballet Français

Our Claude Puel

They called him a bore

But he’s taking the City

on a European tour

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Donut said:

It seems a lot of fans can only associate with someone who shouts and raves with exagerrated body language on the sideline. Or in the media.

The quiet studious manager in a smart suit doesnt fit their idea of PASSHHHUUNNNN.

Randomly going bezerk isnt a criteria of being a good manager. Quite the opposite in fact. I doubt players enjoy their manager bawling at them constantly and looking like a prat.

THIS. 

The media and many football supporters like to see managers who come across like fans. I personally want the complete opposite. I want a manager who comes across as very professional, calm, levelheaded and can separate himself from the emotional side of the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that  he is now aware of the weaknesses in the side. I suspect and hope that his priority will be to sort the defence and make us harder to beat and it will be interesting to see how  (or indeed if) he chooses to remodel things in this transfer window, There is no incentive to spend big if players he wants are available in the summer at more affordable prices and I must say that I am quite impressed with how he is starting to sort things out.

Well done Claude and all the players. Puel has done extremely well since being appointed, we're not shipping so many goals in and play through the midfield with, in the main, fluent passing which is a pleasure to see. He will know by now the Club's strengths and weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol

ought good happens = owners 

ought bad happens = Rudkin

Anyway yes very solid point and another fixture against the big boys negotiated.....really think we can make a real attempt at 7th ain't no way Burnley are going to reproduce their first half of season points tally while we on the other hand seem to be improving all the time.

lolz that his media persona is even a talking point btw, why do we care?

I've made no opinion of Rudkin so you ought to have quoted someone else to make your point.

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

I've made no opinion of Rudkin so you ought to have quoted someone else to make your point.

Its just the general attitude of the forum that is all. It wasn't as directed at you as it came across so sorry for that

Although he probably had more of a hand in that appointment than them so a bit strange it's them your giving the plaudits to.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 17:04, Donut said:

It seems a lot of fans can only associate with someone who shouts and raves with exagerrated body language on the sideline. Or in the media.

The quiet studious manager in a smart suit doesnt fit their idea of PASSHHHUUNNNN.

Randomly going bezerk isnt a criteria of being a good manager. Quite the opposite in fact. I doubt players enjoy their manager bawling at them constantly and looking like a prat.

Agree with this.... has everyone forgotten about Holloway?

Brilliant today - very proud of Puel and the lads. As I said in the post match thread, today was one of the best 0-0 games I've ever been too. We deserved to win, no doubt about it and first half created plenty of very good chances.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2018 at 17:04, Donut said:

Yes a bit like Conte does at his players.