Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Genuine question, not trying to belittle him, take the piss, moan, e.t.c, were Radio Leicester taking the piss and turning the volume down on his interview?

Like i've said in the past I can't understand him at the best of times and I zone out but no word of a lie I was listening to the radio they said he was ready to be interviewed, volume on the car radio was on something like 20, Stringer asks him a question which was perfectly audible, Puel replies, wasn't as loud as Stringer but you could hear it, as Puel goes on it gets quieter and quieter, so I turn the radio up to about 35 to try and hear him, Stringer ask another question, it sounds so loud! Puel replies again get's quieter and quieter...turn the radio up to 40, Stringer replies - bout blows the speakers out! Eventually this goes on and Puel fades out to nothing - Back to the studio - LOUD!

Basically his interview...Not a word! :dunno:

e' was sayin err we played really welll errrrrrr 

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He’ll be asked a question and by the end of him answering it you have forgotten what the question was.

I think he's the first manager who's press conference is still on by the time I'm getting home lol 

He's done well so far tactically and the players are responding well. My only worry is how he will deal with teams that sit back. Team that sits back are immune to Vardy's new defence stretching role. And when they're sitting back thereby covering Mahrez and Gray our ability to break down bus parkers / counter attackers is incredibly limiting.

For the first time in a long time I think we'll have a manager who does perfectly well with the team yet doesn't have much of a connection with the fans because he seemingly has no personality.

We're used to characters at Leicester: Ranieri, O'Neill, Allen, Pearson, Holloway etc. and Claude needs some serious PR work to get that connection with the supporters.

If I were in the media department then I'd be getting some content out that shows more of who he is. The better the connection between managers and supporters the more positive the vibe in general which can only help. At the moment we're heading for widespread indifference and it'll buy Claude less time and support if he goes through a difficult period.

• Like 1

He's a great example that there's lots of different leadership styles. Think of people who have inspired you to be the best you can be at work. Yes there will be those that can motivate through a rousing speech, but there'll be others who are technically brilliant in their field or can paint such an amazing vision of the future you just have to be a part of it.

Personally I couldn't care less that his post match interviews are dull (I just turn the volume up and ponder why his English isn't better!). What matters is the players seem to have bought into his approach and are playing for him. Whether he's done this by shouting or whispering is none of my concern!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Difficult to imagine him inspiring anyone isn't it?

I get the feeling he's respected though.

I think they like the fact that he works directly with them on the training ground and they can see the merit of his Coaching.

He reminds me a little of Sir Alf who also had a very quiet disposition and he didn't do too badly.

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

For the first time in a long time I think we'll have a manager who does perfectly well with the team yet doesn't have much of a connection with the fans because he seemingly has no personality.

We're used to characters at Leicester: Ranieri, O'Neill, Allen, Pearson, Holloway etc. and Claude needs some serious PR work to get that connection with the supporters.

If I were in the media department then I'd be getting some content out that shows more of who he is. The better the connection between managers and supporters the more positive the vibe in general which can only help. At the moment we're heading for widespread indifference and it'll buy Claude less time and support if he goes through a difficult period.

57 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hard at work on Christmas Eve... I have very good feelings about this guy. 

Edited by car1os

I've said it before but I don't get all the moaning about his accent / not being able to understand him.

You know what he's saying perfectly well.

Yeah fine, he's not fluent to the point where he can come across as interesting or jovial but whatever - he's saying the exact same shit you've heard every other manager under the sun say for the last million years.

He's obviously doing something very right somewhere so I really don't see why it's worth taking issue over.

22 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He's done well so far tactically and the players are responding well. My only worry is how he will deal with teams that sit back. Team that sits back are immune to Vardy's new defence stretching role. And when they're sitting back thereby covering Mahrez and Gray our ability to break down bus parkers / counter attackers is incredibly limiting.

Rather a negative take on Puel's ability to develop our creativity. Mahrez and Gray have the raw ability to improve in that department, and the imminent inclusion of Silva in the mix might add an extra dimension too.

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Rather a negative take on Puel's ability to develop our creativity. Mahrez and Gray have the raw ability to improve in that department, and the imminent inclusion of Silva in the mix might add an extra dimension too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Silva added to the mix. But the Palace match showed how a deep sitting team can happily deal with our attacking threat. Around the time of the disallowed goal we were showing some promise but two shots on target for the whole match speaks for itself. I'm confident when we're playing teams that are happy to come at us, but it will be very interesting to see how we cope against teams that want to sit back and counter.

I think he’s fantastique 

As long as the team is doing well and he’s not offering anyone out in the pre/post match press conferences he’s alright with me.

How a man sounds in front of a microphone really shouldn’t be a priority in selecting a football manager. As long as he gets his message across to the team it’s fine. 

• Like 2

The only post matchers worth listening to are Mourinho when he loses, or Moyes for his hilarious honesty. They are good for watching managers squirm. Dont need a manager to give us reasons as to why we have lost/won games.  We all have our own versions of events anyway.  Cant believe we are still moaning about this, on xmas day an' all

• Like 2

Seems a nice guy and unless one is actually deaf, has a learning difficulty or just doesn't make an effort with "foreigners" I can;t see how anyone could struggle to understand him, seems to get his point across to me.  Seems to be doing a great job so far and progression can be seen in most areas.  Of course the jury is still out and it is early days but so far so good for me and looking forward to seeing how the team evolves. X