Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

14 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I thought he was terrible. So ponderous on the ball. No end product when gets into good positions. And we know he's shit at defending.

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

@FIF, that's how negative is done! :)

nope, fail,

He does say he gets into "good positions"

7/10 - could do better

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Livid said:

I get he will make mistakes but giving them the ball for that chance was a basic.

He had done the hard bit and shook off his marker, had two easy passes on and he gave it straight to their forward.

I would have found it easier to forgive him if he was trying to do something flash or outrageous, I would have put that down to youth and inexperience.

,For me the main issue with that particular mistake was his inability to use his right foot 

Being totally one footed is not the end of the world but currently it is cutting down his passing options big time

Has all the attributes to be a very good modern day full back but there will be a few more cock ups along the way that is for sure

Yet another bizarre thread on FT.

Chilwell has the makings of a LWB but defensively remains naive. But that's understandable, given his age and lack of experience.

I said to my son during the game..a lot of people seem to want to replace Simpson at RB. For me, what we really need is a really good LB replacement, and to keep introducing Chilwell over time. Fuchs is past his best

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yet another bizarre thread on FT.

Chilwell has the makings of a LWB but defensively remains naive. But that's understandable, given his age and lack of experience.

I said to my son during the game..a lot of people seem to want to replace Simpson at RB. For me, what we really need is a really good LB replacement, and to keep introducing Chilwell over time. Fuchs is past his best

So you want 3 left backs and just keep 1 right back? That's bizarre pal

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 10:52, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

He made one serious mistake yesterday which nearly cost us a goal, but apart from that I thought he had a superb game

He's been excellent majority of the time.

Trouble is for a defender they cannot afford to make mistakes and sometimes they can be viewed more harshly than others, if a striker or a midfielder makes a mistake it often doesn't translate to a goal. 

On 10/12/2017 at 11:11, Kitchandro said:

I thought he was terrible. So ponderous on the ball. No end product when gets into good positions. And we know he's shit at defending.

This.

I said this after the Liverpool game; he can’t defend.

I said it after the Everton win; he was our worst player.

After Newcastle; runs forward then doesn’t know what to do and can’t get decent delivery in,

ie shit on the ball. Not to mention some of the most naive defending and passing at the back you are ever likely to see.

I simply don’t understand those posters who wish things were different, to the extent they ignore reality.

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I simply don’t understand those posters who wish things were different, to the extent they ignore reality.

That's fair enough, myself I don't understand those posters who fail to realise humans have differing perceptions, which have equal validity to their own. 

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This.

I said this after the Liverpool game; he can’t defend.

I said it after the Everton win; he was our worst player.

After Newcastle; runs forward then doesn’t know what to do and can’t get decent delivery in,

ie shit on the ball. Not to mention some of the most naive defending and passing at the back you are ever likely to see.

What did you say after the spurs and burnley games where he played and defended well in both games?

He made some silly mistakes in giving the ball away on Saturday, but through my beer goggles I can't remember his general defending being poor.

Fuchs gets absolutely rinsed. Even in the Everton win he was lucky the ref bailed him out cos it was a pen on Lennon. That wasn't Chilwell. That was Fuchs. 

Bigger clubs than us have average full backs (Chelsea, Liverpool) so I'm not sure we should have super high expectations of Chilwell. He may not become a world beater or even an England player but he's decent enough for us.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I haven't seen this bad defending everyone goes on about. Everyone is happy to see Fuchs get absolutely rinsed every week by everyone, but god forbid a young academy product with about 10 starts gets beaten - he is not up to this league after barely playing!

Fuchs has escaped criticism for his poor performances for the past 12 months. He gets beaten with ease every week.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What did you say after the spurs and burnley games where he played and defended well in both games?

He made some silly mistakes in giving the ball away on Saturday, but through my beer goggles I can't remember his general defending being poor.

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's fair enough, myself I don't understand those posters who fail to realise humans have differing perceptions, which have equal validity to their own. 

“Amazing Chilwell” is the thread.

No I don’t understand that despite what you have said! 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Fuchs gets absolutely rinsed. Even in the Everton win he was lucky the ref bailed him out cos it was a pen on Lennon. That wasn't Chilwell. That was Fuchs. 

Bigger clubs than us have average full backs (Chelsea, Liverpool) so I'm not sure we should have super high expectations of Chilwell. He may not become a world beater or even an England player but he's decent enough for us.

Amazing Chilwell

We are all to going along with this bandwagon it seems; while comments deriding Fuchs seem to be relevant?

Fuchs may be past it; I don’t disagree.

Chillwell is not amazing he’s struggling to be decent at the moment.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

12 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

“Amazing Chilwell” is the thread.

No I don’t understand that despite what you have said! 

If you're going to quote the OP, with the greatest respects to the Shanghai he quite clearly doesn't use English as his first language. So it's a bit pointless in attempting to argue with what he was saying, nobody else was saying it about Chilwell.

He thoroughly deserved his starting spot after his last two performances against Burnley and Spurs.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I said in those games he did alright.

Which when used in conjunction with other games does not = amazing 

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I said in those games he did alright.

Which when used in conjunction with other games does not = amazing 

I refer you to the post above, clearly the OP's first language isn't English. He also said " the way he participate at Leicester’s attak !he got munchies attention on Leicester"

Nobody else has said anything of the sort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If you're going to quote the OP, with the greatest respects to the Shanghai he quite clearly doesn't use English as his first language. So it's a bit pointless in attempting to argue with what he was saying, nobody else was saying it about Chilwell.

He thoroughly deserved his starting spot after his last two performances against Burnley and Spurs.

Yes I am not English speaker sorry just a lover of Leicester 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I refer you to the post above, clearly the OP's first language isn't English. He also said " the way he participate at Leicester’s attak !he got munchies attention on Leicester"

Nobody else has said anything of the sort.

Don't know why I'm laughing so much at this

• Haha 2