Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

15 minutes ago, M0901 said:

As Leicester "supporters" isn't it right to encourage the young lad. Potential is there and he will reach it. God forbid any of the squad spend their time reading this trash about him

He's also twice as good as Bombscare Fuchs.

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Again Chilwell is ****ing shit

Like i said earlier in the thread, ive followed his career closely for several years and ive seen little to no improvement in his basic skills like passing and crossing the ball. 

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Like i said earlier in the thread, ive followed his career closely for several years and ive seen little to no improvement in his basic skills like passing and crossing the ball. 

He's been playing 'several years' in the U23s.  It's a vast leap from there to the premier league so he must have improved and will improve further the more game time he gets.  He will also make mistakes and have bad days.  Give the kid a break.  

Out of the two players who we have that can play at left back Chilwell came out on top last night. 

Fuchs was terrible for the majority of the game barring his long throws and his penalty. 

Don't get me wrong I like Fuchs and until this season I thought he's the best left back we have had for a long time. But the past 4 months his legs seem to have completely gone. He gets walked past almost at times. 

I hope Chilwell improves given more game time at this level. 

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The whole world must be such a disappointment for some of you. Going into work never making a mistake or having a bad day. Dose the pressure not get to you? After all being so fvcking perfect all the time cant be easy.

lollol 

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm Welly?

• Like 1

Christ,  he's only 20 and playing Premiership football, a hell of an achievement. He does a few things wrong but a lot right as well which is precisely what you would expect from a 20 year old. I would suggest that there are a lot of teams in the premiership that would take him on to bring him through in a flash, Liverpool being one of them.

We could not buy Champions League top notch ready made players and neither would they ever want to come here.

I find the prospect of Chilwell,  Ndidi, Maguire , Gray , Iheanacho, Barnes, Chowdhury and some of the other youngsters coming through quite exciting and the right thing for a club our size to do. Of those, the odd one may fall by the wayside but most will step up to the plate or be sold for decent money. I suspect that one day we'll be fighting to keep Chilwell who will be going on to bigger and better things.

After coming into football late, my son who has just had his 17th birthday has just signed for a lower league side and started to play against adults in a steep learning curve. If he was here I'd hate him to read this vitriol and bollocks should he make the odd mistake as some people also think these kids have a ready made rhino thick skin as well but this also has to be developed.

Constructive criticism is one thing but unrealistic expectations at a very young age is quite another. Chilwell is no Danny Rose but neither is he 27 years of age. Shout his name, clap him off and give him some encouragement. He's only just started playing regular first team football and fully deserves his chance.

• Like 4

He has good attributes but he's not a winger, I think with some work he could be first choice LB but he needs to improve his heading, positioning and quality on the ball to nail down that place. But we need a 4th winger, people slated Nacho for the tame effort in the first half but if Chilwell puts a decent cross in, he's unmarked for a tap in. 

For a young man who has suddenly been given a good run of starts I think he has done well - both in defence and attack, where he shows considerable confidence.  Of course he needs to develop but he has kept his place in the team and Puel is no mug.  No doubt he can improve his crossing ability and I'd be surprised if that isn't being worked on in training.

The clincher is that he is my grandaughter's favourite player so he has to start :D

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

The whole world must be such a disappointment for some of you. Going into work never making a mistake or having a bad day. Dose the pressure not get to you? After all being so fvcking perfect all the time cant be easy.

This is forum where we can voice an opinion.

I don’t slate the players at games, but it’s perfectly justifiable to have an opinion that isn’t one that suits the happy clapper bandwagon on here ffs.

Deal with it.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

Much as I like Fuchs as a character and for the title-winning season, Chilwell is definitely a better player at the moment.  Sure, he still needs to learn more about defensive positioning, and about crossing and passing accurately, but how many players his age are the finished article?  He's improving all the time, and I'd give him a decent run in the side.  

12 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Much as I like Fuchs as a character and for the title-winning season, Chilwell is definitely a better player at the moment.  Sure, he still needs to learn more about defensive positioning, and about crossing and passing accurately, but how many players his age are the finished article?  He's improving all the time, and I'd give him a decent run in the side.  

Yes as you say Chilwell cant defend, yet

4 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Yes as you say Chilwell cant defend, yet

That's not what I said.  Saying he needs to learn more about defensive positioning isn't the same as saying he can't defend.  Maguire needs to work on his positioning too, and Morgan and Simpson need to work on their passing.  All our defenders have strengths and weaknesses.  

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 12:51, theessexfox said:

He has good attributes but he's not a winger, I think with some work he could be first choice LB but he needs to improve his heading, positioning and quality on the ball to nail down that place. But we need a 4th winger, people slated Nacho for the tame effort in the first half but if Chilwell puts a decent cross in, he's unmarked for a tap in. 

Heading and jumping are one of his best strengths.