Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

I get he will make mistakes but giving them the ball for that chance was a basic.

He had done the hard bit and shook off his marker, had two easy passes on and he gave it straight to their forward.

I would have found it easier to forgive him if he was trying to do something flash or outrageous, I would have put that down to youth and inexperience.

I thought Chilwell was excellent yesterday. He is strong and growing in confidence in his defensive play.

More importantly he is an attacking threat. He glides past players and creates opportunities.

It is great to have so many players who can take players on. We now have Mahrez, Gray, Chilwell, Vardy and Maguire who can take the ball past the opposition. I think this will be a key factor in our future success.

Hi Here i am after two hours watching the first half here the statistics : he mad one big mistake at 35:19 ! Was so bad !!!! But good coming to you will be surprised that he was the man of the first half better then all : correct  passes 39 better  then all of Them! Loose balls 2 wtf ?? Good defending 5 times ! Bad defending still that cross do 1 !attaks efforts 9 defending efforts 3 ! So what do you think about the first half ? I will come with the statistics of the second half in 2 hours cheers hhh 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I thought he was terrible. So ponderous on the ball. No end product when gets into good positions. And we know he's shit at defending.

How can you dismiss him so quickly? Granted some of his decisions were daft, you still need a decent run of games to assess about his qualities. Positioning and decision making can be learnt and only experience on the pitch will help you to do so.

for all this talk of him having no end product he put in a very useful cross yesterday but only Vardy had gotten into the box so it looks like a bad cross but it wasn't Gray or Mahrez should have been coming in at the back post area

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

How can you dismiss him so quickly? Granted some of his decisions were daft, you still need a decent run of games to assess about his qualities. Positioning and decision making can be learnt and only experience on the pitch will help you to do so.

You're asking the right question of the wrong person :)

Just now, Wookie said:

His attributes don't really fit that well together, he's a strong dribbler but lacks end product. Also got a great leap but a 50p head

we don't get people into the box so our crosses have to be damn near perfect, his end product is fine, we put 2 or 3 players in the box his crossing will suddenly look a lot better simply because there are more people there to attack them

• Like 1

Second half : correct passes 11wrong passes or loose the ball 3 effort at taking 1 good defending 6 !!! Like the manager want him back not pushing forwards ! Any way  

the result saying that he was amazing and great anyone want to debate I give him the timing of each time he touch the ball or did attak or defense. Please be realistic one mistake vardy was not great tonight he should be taken at the second half compare ? Don’t say he created a goal and that is it ! Game is 90 mn and he was so far better then vardy thx 

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Find me a complete left full back at 19/20 years of age and I'll concede.

Chilwell is improving each game, that's what playing each week does. Far from a full product but he's only 20 and he will get there. Apart from the ball across I thought he was decent. Confident on the ball which is good to see.

No point reasoning with the grumpy old sod.

• Like 3

The recipient of the crossfield "pass" was his England under 21 team mate Jacob Murphy. Coincidence? Come on guys we've all done it in five a-side, someone swaps sides but you still pass to him by mistake. If you turn up the volume you can even hear the cheeky rascal shout "Yes, Chillers" and he falls for it. Okay the fact he's in a different coloured kit should have been a clue but he's unlikely to ever fall for it again.

• Haha 3