Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

On 12/11/2017 at 19:47, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I take exception to this Babylon.

What has the OP’s first language got to do with me stating I don’t feel Chilwell deserves the praise for his performances many in this thread are giving him.

It comes across as you attempting to make out my position somehow derides the OP’s English skills when I have done nothing of the sort.

Why is it relevant? Because I seem to remember you quoting back to me and others the title of the thread without any other comment. "Chillwell is amazing is the thread" you kept repeating.

The only person who said that is someone who clearly doesn't have a full grasp of the English language, that's no critisism of Shanghai. Nobody else had said that, everyone else seemingly had a grasp on the fact he's been up and down in different games.

So just replying "chillwell is amazing is the thread", to people who were doing nothing more than be quite realistic about how he's performed seemed an odd stance. Once person said that, one!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, siCiteh said:

How was Chilwell last night? I was at the work party so only saw MOTD!

Looked good. Contributed in attack and helped Fuchs at defending. Steady game by Chilwell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, siCiteh said:

Thanks lads. The odd mistake is inevitable at his age but seems to have taken to the prem like a duck to water overall! Exciting times

You can clearly see he's adapting to his more advanced role. Delighted for him, and Puel seems to like him. I'd love to see him and Gray on the left together in the future. 

3 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Looks far better at left mid than left back for me. Allows him to drive forward more freely and his defensive mistakes aren't as costly there, offers a great option for cover for Albrighton with thew similar tenacity and overall balance of midfield and attack!

Agree with this. The Chilwell/Fuchs partnership did look good. A solid side and option to have. With Mahrez roaming in from the right, the positional partnership on the left side is a great outlet to get the ball over to.

He looks very good when he's bombing forward at pace and getting up with play generally. He can definitely improve at LB, and hopefully he will if he's being seen as the natural successor to CF.

Chilwell is just improving in every game he is so good at the attaks effort ! Look before Leicester is a defense team now they show teeth and they are fearless !!! Go Leicester you are far better then some of the 6 top after all Leicester is champion of England two years ago ?  be positive you can do it ! When is the last time Liverpool , Arsenal , man united win the league ??? Not talking about spurs hhhh Leicester is good at the attak keep that and push for the players who can do it 

He was very good last night but factoring in the players who miss out if he plays left midfield is either Gray or Okazaki then I'm less keen for that to happen. Fuchs hasn't looked any more assured in defense recently than Chilwell so I am content for us to not have to sacrifice a player of Gray or Okazaki's ilk to play Chilwell. 

There’s no denying that he’s nowhere near Fuchs defensively. Yet, offers more going forward. Tomato, tomahto. 

He’s young, he’s learning. Let’s not get on his back after one below-par performance.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

People complain about Simpson’s ability going forward yet Chilwell gets heaps of praise when he can’t cross and loses the ball constantly because he doesn’t look up.

Absolutely. Chilwell gets praise because he's full of energy and runs up and down the touchline, but he never beats the first man when crossing and is susceptible at the back. His defence will get better with game time, but his crossing has always been poor and hasn't improved at all in all the years I've seen him play.

• Like 1

Just now, sm1 said:

Absolutely. Chilwell gets praise because he's full of energy and runs up and down the touchline, but he never beats the first man when crossing and is susceptible at the back. His defence will get better with game time, but his crossing has always been poor and hasn't improved at all in all the years I've seen him play.

That’s the main problem with him.. still prefer him to Fuchs though who i think really slows us down and doesn’t offer much more defensively.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Correct.

I’m repeating myself but he can’t defend and virtually nothing comes from his forays forwards.

He’s is nearer to being shit than amazing imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Jeff is a better left back than both chill and fuchs

On today's evidence you maybe correct.

Chilwell has been brilliant recently but he so ****ing 1 footed. I think he touched the ball once in 90 mins today using his right peg.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

We all set our opinion’s in concrete after ever game. It’s a bit silly, just support the team and see what happens. We will be crap in some games and be sublime in others. Just ride the rollercoaster guys and don’t get too stressed! We are in a way better position than what we could’ve imagined. It will get better in my opinion.