Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

11 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

He's got potential.

However I thought he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. His pass completion rate must've been 10%.

Fuchs needs to be starting.

NO.

Chillwell has to play more if we ever want him to learn from his mistakes. Ffs he's what? 20? Cut the guy some slack, he wasn't great against Palace, no denying that, but you can't expect from a player to (positively) evolve if you bench them every single fvcking time he makes a mistake.

He has potential and the end product won't come over night. Be a bit more patient and get a fcking grip.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

He's got potential.

However I thought he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. His pass completion rate must've been 10%.

Fuchs needs to be starting.

Try 78%, but cool.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

The biggest problem for Chilwell is that Fuchs is actually still quality and I personally feel that he's still one of the best left backs in the league 

Absolutely not. He's found out many times defensively and way past his best. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

The biggest problem for Chilwell is that Fuchs is actually still quality and I personally feel that he's still one of the best left backs in the league 

10 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Absolutely not. He's found out many times defensively and way past his best. 

I feel a lot more reassured when Fuchs is at LB than Chilwell. Still looks like one of out most composed players when he's on the pitch. Quality of final ball is very good also. Atm Chilwell basically is a more athletic option. 

Saturdays game is exactly why I wrote earlier in this thread that the left side of defence is far more of an issue than the right.

Simpson, defensively, is ok and Amartey could come in when needed and defensively, do a job (yes, that’s me writing that...)

Personally, if we were going to sign a top class full back, it would be on the LEFT side where my priority lies. Someone to replace Fuchs (now past his best) and to be a starter, enabling Chilwell to continue to develop before he himself becomes a starter.

He isn’t available but the lad at West Ham would be such an example or Robertson who went to Liverpool and who I suggested signing in the summer. 

That type of player. A bit older, experienced and composed.

I like him.  Just watched a couple of interviews with him and he is very articulate.  Give him time and patience I think, he clearly has massive potential.  If we want our club to give youth a chance we need to allow the odd lapse without suddenly turning on him.  So far so good on the whole I feel. X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

I think it's just a counterbalance to those who see him as the messiah!

Ben has huge potential but he's floundering at the moment. Unfortunately he's not coping 

at been targeted as our weak link.He needs to learn lessons and quickly.

I think to say he’s floundering is a bit strong . Yes he has made a few mistakes but that is inevitable being young and inexperienced . He has only really had one real stinker since coming in which was against Palace but to be fair  so did everyone else 

Edited by baldeagle

15 hours ago, danny. said:

His main ‘flaw’ seems to be that he only wants to use his left foot and plays it backwards 90% of the time which stifles potentials attacks, that said - he’s probably being told to do that 

Left footed are known to have only one foot. Their right one is just made for standing.

You must be mistaking him for King, Simpson or Morgan. His crossing quality and decision making must be improved though.