Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

7 hours ago, theessexfox said:

He can't jump and head a ball, it is so frustrating, it happened too many times today. Their second goal resulted from him nodding an uncontested header out of play, rather than springing up and nodding it back where Albrighton could have competed for it. 

That's strange as at Southampton he won countless flick one from Kasper kicks.

With young players you are always going to get elements of their game that need work but I think he's got masses of potential. There aren't many players (especially full backs) as good as he is at 21.

That said, he clearly has lots to learn and Palace cleverly exploited his lack of aerial prowess. They played a number of high cross field balls to Townsend and BC just didn't compete which is obviously unacceptable especially as he's not particularly short. They also realised that his positional sense is still a work in progress as they seemed to push Zaha out to their right in the first half which suggests they saw him as a little bit of a weak link. 

He also seems to be one of these players who at the moment at least, can't keep his concentration for 90 minutes like we saw against Newcastle. He looked much more comfortable with Fuchs behind him v Soton when he had fewer defensive responsibilities.

That said, I still think BC will become a top player because I see his weaknesses as things that can be addressed through good coaching and by simply playing more often and gaining match experience. It seems Puel is not the type to ditch a young player after a couple of poor performances so he'll probably improve naturally. He seems like an intelligent and level-headed lad too which helps.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is he?

A million times better than Schlupp.  Don't let yesterday's game make you think otherwise, and cast your mind back to how comically bad Schlupp was for us at times. 

It's strange to me when people keep saying Chilly is only 21 and has bags of potential etc, Ndidi is 21, we see him as a full blown first teamer, the likes of Dele Ali is 21 and seems to have been around for ages. 21 is NOT young in footballing terms. They should be close to their potential and Chilly I'm afraid has lots of work that needs to be done defensively. Perhaps he's just not being played in the right position. Who knows..... 

• Like 1

I'm not saying he won't be good enough, just that at the moment even in the games we're winning he looks a bit lost. Never knows what to do with the ball when he gets forward, positionally poor, aerially poor. I think if he'd been loaned out for a season or two before now he would be further along in these regards.

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's strange as at Southampton he won countless flick one from Kasper kicks.

He can leap and win flick ons, but defensive headers when they put it long over to him and he has to nod it away he is weak, he just nods it out of play unchallenged, and it puts us under pressure.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

A million times better than Schlupp.  Don't let yesterday's game make you think otherwise, and cast your mind back to how comically bad Schlupp was for us at times. 

I never thought Schlupp was too bad a player. When he wanted to leave us, he just stopped trying, for which I’ll not forgive him.

Yesterday, he was much much better than Chilwell

• Like 1

Was really impressed when he was getting back on the right hand side to stop Zaha getting through. Would love to see the distance he covered yesterday, he was up and down the left wing most of the game.

Makes the odd error and questionable decision, but he's a young lad learning his trade. 

He's incredibly comfortable on the ball and more often than not is looking to retain possession.

Albrighton passed the ball back to Palace so many times yesterday trying to same hopeful lump into the corner for Vardy yesterday.

8 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

He's got potential.

However I thought he was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. His pass completion rate must've been 10%.

Fuchs needs to be starting.

maybe if he does some of you will open your eyes and see him getting ripped apart defensively more than Chilwell does, maybe Chilwell needs to start making funny video's to put on social media...