Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fleetwood Town (A) pre-match

50 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

There are at least five teams who are better than us with bigger squads. This is one of the few years where finishing 7th may we'll get us European football. I'd love to win it but it's not the be all and end all.

With that attitude why are we entering the competition? It's not like we need the price money to keep the club going so what's the point? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

There are at least five teams who are better than us with bigger squads. This is one of the few years where finishing 7th may we'll get us European football. I'd love to win it but it's not the be all and end all.

I reckon that's pretty good odds.

But anyway, it's not always the best teams that win the cup, look at Wigan, Portsmouth, Hull, Palace, Stoke and Cardiff have been recent finalists.  Europe would be great but  trophies are everything.

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Iborra blown. Hmm interesting thought. 

Maybe should leave that one just for my wet dreams. 

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'd like to give you more than + 1 lol

Get a fvcking room.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

What? We don't. We're not going to make Europe and we can cruise now to 40 pts to avoid relegation. What is there to play for?

I really think we can compete with Arsenal for sixth.

They're on the decline, with a few of their key players reportedly unhappy.

Whilst our team/squad does look strong, especially now with Silva in the mix and the club hoping to get another decent RB in imo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I really think we can compete with Arsenal for sixth.

They're on the decline, with a few of their key players reportedly unhappy.

Whilst our team/squad does look strong, especially now with Silva in the mix and the club hoping to get another decent RB in imo.

Fair enough mate. I would love it, but I still think our best hope of Europe is through the cup. And I am still angry at our roll over for Man City in the League Cup. 

Ah well. Let's hope you're right.

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Thanks 1

Hate it when our fans start saying we will win easy, 5-0 etc. Some had this attitude (including the players judging by the performance) when we got smashed by Palace. Fleetwood are a decent side and will give us a tough test. Last thing we want is a replay so any win will do whether its 1-0 or 5-4. 

13 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

With that attitude why are we entering the competition? It's not like we need the price money to keep the club going so what's the point? 

I’m really hoping the decision to enter the competition wasn’t given to a random forum bloke with a Davis avatar. I’d lose a lot of faith in the game if it were the case.

12 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

You could be right...it was a long time ago :D

Yeah, pretty sure it was - Chris Kelly (remember him?) robbed Munro just outside the box, rounded Wallington and should have scored, but he tried to roll it in which gave Munro time to get back and clear it off the line.

My other two stand out memories of that match are of Birch and Dennis Rofe scuffling and having to be pulled apart by Sammels, and of how the entire ground echoed to chants of "Leatherhead" after the final whistle - the only time I've ever cheered another team.

Great times.

Edit: For those too young to remember, I just found this. Enjoy!

Edited by Buce

I

15 hours ago, murphy said:

Exeter 3 LCFC 1 (1981).

I really want to see us go for the cup.  No need to rotate too much, no game for another week.  No need for Hamer in goal as some are suggesting.  If we don't turn up or take these too lightly we will lose, guaranteed, and deserve to.

One of my wishes, before I die, was to see us win the FA cup as I thought that wishing to win the Premier League was a dream too far. :D

I shouldn't be greedy and nothing will ever replace my joy of winning the PL. But now that we've done it (and are unlikely to do it again...let's be honest) to see LCFC win the FA cup still remains on my bucket list.

I would prefer to win the FA cup than finish 6th or 7th  in the League.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ultrafox said:

Harlow Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Millwall still painfully come to mind. .(others anyone?).....and we so nearly messed up against Leatherhead (1975)trailing 0-2 at half time at Filbo and nearly going 3 behind only for a heart stopping last ditch clearance off the line by Jon Sammels. Classic game though ( i was there)  to come back to win 3-2. 

One of the worst days of my life, nobody saw it coming, we were playing really well at home at the time (I think we had stitched Liverpool up the week before). Hindsight shows that what was left of MON's team was never the same after that day. We finished the season dreadfully and then got relegated the next year. I always think about Wycome as really being not just a horrific defeat but actually the end of an era!