Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

Isn't it true that many who have had a great first few games often become successful long-term at the club?

Certainly seems very confident, hungry and knows where the net is.

Don't think this is a one-off wonder game for sure.

I feel for Gray. On comes Diabate, an unknown from somewhere in the French second division, scores effortlessly - twice - and challenges Gray's bench position.

Diabate second goal. offside and courtesy of Gray's shot!

It's very early days, but you could see a difference in the two players aside from skill: frustration and desperation.

Diabate looked confident, calm and relaxed in the last third. Gray looked frustrated and desperate to score a worldly to prove himself to himself.

I'll happily chip in for Gray to go on some kind of poncy zen buddhism course if it will help him!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

So... I think we have concluded he's good. Next question, based on today where would you play him?

Takes Gray's spot on the bench for now. Need to see more of him against stronger opposition but could potentially take a starting winger's role. 

I wonder if he can play in the Okazaki role... that would be ideal for us.

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

So... I think we have concluded he's good. Next question, based on today where would you play him?

Depending on the opposition:

Diabate-Mahrez-Albrighton

Vardy

or 

Mahrez-Okazaki-Diabate

Vardy

Tbh probably too early for him to be starting games, but his debut was orgasmic. Realistically he’ll be on the bench for now as 3rd choice winger.

Edited by foxes21

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Apparently, we paid £4.4m for him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5247435/Leicester-City-set-confirm-capture-Fousseni-Diabate.html

I always had £2m or 2 million Euro in mind...

Anything under £5 million in today’s market seems a steal for a player coming into the PL.

• Like 4

His intelligence and positioning was impressive. Good decision making as well. It's only Posh mind you but I hope he gets more Prem minutes. Gray got to bulk up his ideas or he'll drop down further in the pecking order.

Edited by Koke

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Apparently, we paid £4.4m for him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5247435/Leicester-City-set-confirm-capture-Fousseni-Diabate.html

I always had £2m or 2 million Euro in mind...

Leicester Mercury has it around £2 mill http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fousseni-diabate-leicester-city-transfer-1027990