Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

Very good performance from the back 9 today, Watford barely got a sniff. Dragovic and Maguire looking a top partnership at the back and chilwell and Amartey seem to be getting more solid every game. Considering the age of that back line it all looks very promising. James and Ndidi replicating the Drinkwater and Kante partnership respectively. James very rarely loses the ball and Ndidi always wins it back. Albrighton solid as always and Mahrez wasn’t at his best but he showed his quality at the end. Wasn’t Okazaki’s best game but he worked hard as always.

The only downside for me was Vardy, got slightly lucky with the penalty (very stupid challenge) slotted it alway very nicely though. Although he was very wasteful today probably just an off game but his first touch looked especially poor. Same team next game though. Puel in!!!

• Like 1

I only saw saw the second half, but from what I saw...I’m loving our work.

Maguire and Ndidi - can they give two MOTM awards?

Great stuff from the rest, especially Albrighton, Chilly, Vardy.

You can’t accuse Puel of rushing to make early Subs, can you ?

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

Good performance. Nice goal, but a really half arsed performance from mahrez. If ever you saw a player trying to specifically not get injured, that was it. Pulled out of just about everything.

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Good result in the end. Vardy does very often look Fleetwood standard though, time is catching him up I'm afraid. At 1 nil, it looked a bit moody. 

His penalty was quality, text book, his touch, not so. He looks like he needs to play 2 out of 4, not every game.

Funny ain’t it, seen a couple of comments that JV not so good today, but LCFC radio said at the end he’d had a very good game- which is right?

Just now, ozleicester said:

Solid game, never looked like losing for me.

Good players all over the park.... 7th :)

Puel has us playing good football

Was a bit of huff and puff though. We create chances but seriously lacked finish. another team could have punished us. Not a dig at the manager, but the players should keep their cool in the last third.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Funny ain’t it, seen a couple of comments that JV not so good today, but LCFC radio said at the end he’d had a very good game- which is right?

Was a good game imo, really pressed them, sure were a couple of offsides, but he gave so many options and was unlucky